Chicago Area 240sx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chicago Area 240sx

Since 2006.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

GT Homologation Special

Go down 
+19
D*S Tomy Guns
Matej
D*S Dave
Steve
RAD MIKE Circa 3006
mrkan
Maikeru
boost addict
YELLOW
Bliz Khalifa
D*S Homeboy.
energ
DAELEN
evanger
DJ Longdick
D*S Dstar
zenkimonstr
domdaaxe58
Nachtmensch
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Bliz Khalifa
Established Member
Established Member
Bliz Khalifa

Number of posts : 886

GT Homologation Special - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GT Homologation Special   GT Homologation Special - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMay 27th 2015, 2:04 pm

lol shit.

Been there.
Back to top Go down
http://itsmanpink.wordpress.com
D*S Dstar
D*S Dstar

Number of posts : 11254
Vehicle : RED SHARK V1-5, MOBY DICK.

PostSubject: Re: GT Homologation Special   GT Homologation Special - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMay 27th 2015, 5:37 pm

Nachtmensch wrote:
Thanks for all of the good vibes. This all came from the idea of putting the V6 in the car and spiraled from there.

"I'll need more tire."
"May as well do widebody"
"Well shit, I need 5 lug"
"This won't look right without a hardtop."

And now have too much going on with it.

thumb up thumb up thumb up
Back to top Go down
https://chicagoarea240sx.editboard.com
DJ Longdick
DS! DS! DS!
DS! DS! DS!
DJ Longdick

Number of posts : 4358
Vehicle : D*Squad 86

PostSubject: Re: GT Homologation Special   GT Homologation Special - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMay 28th 2015, 5:48 pm

thumbs up on all acounts except for the 5 lug shit. You're going to be nearly just as shit-out-of-luck on wheels with 5x100, unless you're planning on converting to 5x100 and then using conversion spacers to go to 5x114. But that just seems retarded. Everyone with a 5x100 car hates it and converts anyway.
Back to top Go down
D*S Dstar
D*S Dstar

PostSubject: Re: GT Homologation Special   GT Homologation Special - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMay 28th 2015, 7:17 pm

Seriously, just fucking get conversion spacers. From four by fucking one hundred, to five by fucking one-fourteen.

Dont take anyones advice on wheels or anything. This shit is 100% Kevin's rad as fuck vision, keep it that way. I wouldnt even WANT to suggest wheels, I want to see what YOU put on this motherfucker.
Back to top Go down
Nachtmensch
whatever
whatever
Nachtmensch

Number of posts : 11764
Vehicle : MRS, IS350

PostSubject: Re: GT Homologation Special   GT Homologation Special - Page 8 Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2015, 12:35 am

You guys are the only people who have seen real updates. The fenders are mostly done. The fender to bumper gap sucks, so that needs to be remade completely. I had to make a handful of brackets for mounting tabs that are no longer there. I now need to build up some of the panels to make the gaps a smoother transition. (hood to bumper, hood to fenders, etc)

I picked up fiberglass sheets for the quarter panels. This saves a LOT of time trying to make something flat. The front wheel wells have been recut higher and they now have about a 26" diameter hole for the 18's. Test fitting wheels this weekend to see what ultimately will go on. Wheel arches will be finalized after the wheels and tires are finalized.

The front has been lowered until the collars bind. The rear is still at the old height, which will be fixed soon.

I'm also pretty sure that I will be smoothing out the naca duct and the antenna hole on the passenger quarter as well as the turn signal indicator holes on the fenders.

GT Homologation Special - Page 8 IMG_5981

GT Homologation Special - Page 8 IMG_5977
Back to top Go down
Bliz Khalifa
Established Member
Established Member
Bliz Khalifa

Number of posts : 886

PostSubject: Re: GT Homologation Special   GT Homologation Special - Page 8 Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2015, 11:12 am

That aero is so crazy.
Back to top Go down
http://itsmanpink.wordpress.com
D*S Dstar
D*S Dstar

PostSubject: Re: GT Homologation Special   GT Homologation Special - Page 8 Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2015, 4:02 pm

Seriously, so much fiberglass work. If I had one of these, I would totally buy this kit, then realize its going to cost more than the kit itself to get it to fit right, then sell everything.

But im super psyched on it, any pictures of how the rear quarter "curves" look on an already assembled car with it? I want to see if its really that much worse than the flat surface youre after.
Back to top Go down
DJ Longdick
DS! DS! DS!
DS! DS! DS!
DJ Longdick

PostSubject: Re: GT Homologation Special   GT Homologation Special - Page 8 Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2015, 6:12 pm

naca ducts are cool.
Back to top Go down
Nachtmensch
whatever
whatever
Nachtmensch

PostSubject: Re: GT Homologation Special   GT Homologation Special - Page 8 Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2015, 6:14 pm

Thanks dudes! I get more and more excited as it comes together.

D*S Dstar wrote:
any pictures of how the rear quarter "curves" look on an already assembled car with it? I want to see if its really that much worse than the flat surface youre after.
The first pic on the last page shows it best. Hard to see because it's black, but it's there and it bothers me. It's either live with it or fix it now. I choose to fix it now before paint.

In other news, my hubs and bearings came in.

GT Homologation Special - Page 8 11058405_10100268889901247_749371285961059843_n
Back to top Go down
Nachtmensch
whatever
whatever
Nachtmensch

PostSubject: Re: GT Homologation Special   GT Homologation Special - Page 8 Icon_minitimeJune 16th 2015, 8:51 pm

Sorry if this doesn't make much sense. I did a write up on the MRS forum because dudes have talked about this for years and no one ever jumped and did it.

Some old data I gathered prior to it all:

Wheel Bearing:
2002 MR-S (rear bearing) --- 2002 Celica GT/GTS (front bearing)
Outer Race Radius - 0.0591" (SAME)
Bore - 1.5748" (SAME)
Outer Diameter - 2.9134" (SAME)
Width - 1.6535" (SAME)
Inner Race Radius - 0.1378" (SAME)

Hub/bearing assembly:
Spyder (front) - Celica GT/GTS (rear)
Bolt Quantity - 4 ---- 5
Flange Dia - 4.921" ---- 5.31"
Bolt Circle Dia - 3.937" ---- 3.94" (rounded spec)
Wheel Pilot Dia - 2.126" ---- 2.13" (rounded spec)
Brake Pilot Dia - 2.1654" ---- 2.17" (rounded spec)

Brake Rotor diameters:
Spyder (front) - 10.04"
Spyder (rear) - 10.35"
Celica GT/GTS (front) - 10.825"
Celica GT/GTS (rear) - 10.585"

What all this means is that YES, the front of the Celica and the rear of the MR2 share the same wheel bearings. YES, you can press in a new bearing and Celica front hub into the rear knuckle of your MR2. NO, the Celica brake rotors wont fit without modification. To get around this, I carefully measured and drilled new holes. There is still plenty of clamping material on the rotor around the studs. I do not foresee this as an issue, but I will watch it closely for now. I will try to find drop in rotors already drilled to 5x100.

Now, regarding the front. YES, the rear Celica hub assemblies will bolt to the front of the MR2. NO, you cannot use Celica brake rotors. You either need to redrill the rotor or find a different rotor.

$300 worth of Rockauto parts (I went with high quality Timkin bearings, this can be done cheaper with less expensive parts) and $15 worth of beer to pay for the bearings to get pressed in and here it is.

Rear bearing and hub pressed in
GT Homologation Special - Page 8 IMG_6022

Don't mind the surface rust, the car has been sitting for awhile. You will see that the rotor drilled to 5x100 by a shaky Russian hand but it is centered on the hub.
GT Homologation Special - Page 8 IMG_6027

Now, if only I had some wheels...
Back to top Go down
mrkan
Established Member
Established Member
mrkan

Number of posts : 709
Vehicle : Dirty E30, Decent E39, Gay S13 Coupe

PostSubject: Re: GT Homologation Special   GT Homologation Special - Page 8 Icon_minitimeJune 17th 2015, 1:48 pm

Any luck with wheel choices?
Back to top Go down
D*S Dstar
D*S Dstar

PostSubject: Re: GT Homologation Special   GT Homologation Special - Page 8 Icon_minitimeJune 17th 2015, 5:49 pm

Fuck it.

White Segamasters.
Back to top Go down
Nachtmensch
whatever
whatever
Nachtmensch

PostSubject: Re: GT Homologation Special   GT Homologation Special - Page 8 Icon_minitimeJune 17th 2015, 10:28 pm

I'm still looking.

I'm trying to buy something reasonably priced, since my TE's still haven't sold. Today I found that an effective 18x10 +25 will fit in the front (the front would be very tight, so I may opt for a 9.5 for driveability's sake) and the rear can fit 18x10.5 +20 to +25 before any modifications. The car is currently 5x100, so a 15mm 5x100 to 5x114.3 adapter will be needed.

I'm currently looking at a set of TC105n's in 18x9.5 +35 all around with 15mm circuit sports adapters. The slight difference in offset can be accounted for with alignment or fiberglass.

This S2000 has 18x9.5 +35's on it. Face isn't concave like the 18x10 +12's, but I don't mind it but they seem a little plain. (Which is why I haven't ordered anything yet)
GT Homologation Special - Page 8 6953256050_e5f37cc265_b

I've been watching Zilvia, ft86club, NASIOC, and S2KI for wheels and the used market sucks right now.
Back to top Go down
Nachtmensch
whatever
whatever
Nachtmensch

PostSubject: Re: GT Homologation Special   GT Homologation Special - Page 8 Icon_minitimeJune 17th 2015, 10:33 pm

Oh, and I'm pretty sure I want black or gunmetal wheels. The car is being painted super white, but I think I said that before.
Back to top Go down
D*S Homeboy.
DS! DS! DS!
DS! DS! DS!
D*S Homeboy.

Number of posts : 876

PostSubject: Re: GT Homologation Special   GT Homologation Special - Page 8 Icon_minitimeJune 18th 2015, 9:42 am

I actually like the 9.5 more than the 10.5 in TC105n.

Good luck finding wheels in the used market place dude. I mean it'll probably be easier and probably come out costing the same if you order them new from like TF. Used wheels prices are dumb right now, people asking 1k+ for XXRs and Varrstoens
Back to top Go down
Gaybaby
Forum Frequenter
Forum Frequenter
Gaybaby

Number of posts : 374

PostSubject: Re: GT Homologation Special   GT Homologation Special - Page 8 Icon_minitimeJune 18th 2015, 12:08 pm

^Yep.

Used wheel prices have doubled (or more) in the past two years or so.

TC105 are sweet.
Back to top Go down
Nachtmensch
whatever
whatever
Nachtmensch

PostSubject: Re: GT Homologation Special   GT Homologation Special - Page 8 Icon_minitimeJune 18th 2015, 12:39 pm

Just me thinking out loud. The more I look at these, the more I like them. I'm not sure if I can pull off the bright yellow, but maybe. Good sizes at a good price, plus I can sell to S2000 guys when I'm done.

GT Homologation Special - Page 8 SLB-48
Back to top Go down
D*S Dave
DS! DS! DS!
DS! DS! DS!
D*S Dave

Number of posts : 3128
Vehicle : Nostromo

PostSubject: Re: GT Homologation Special   GT Homologation Special - Page 8 Icon_minitimeJune 18th 2015, 2:31 pm

Those tc105n's will look decent. Sigh.
You should have just went single lug like a sick ass nga.
Could've been torn over either having to buy magnesium te37 or some other cray ass centerlock shit.
Now you out here wondering what kinda goof-cock, humble-boy 5 luggers to buy.

Tsk tsk tsk tsk.
Back to top Go down
Nachtmensch
whatever
whatever
Nachtmensch

PostSubject: Re: GT Homologation Special   GT Homologation Special - Page 8 Icon_minitimeJune 18th 2015, 3:21 pm

I haven't ordered anything yet. I've been searching to TC005's, but they've been eluding me. Trying to stay under 2k.
Back to top Go down
DJ Longdick
DS! DS! DS!
DS! DS! DS!
DJ Longdick

PostSubject: Re: GT Homologation Special   GT Homologation Special - Page 8 Icon_minitimeJune 18th 2015, 6:00 pm

why did you go 5 lug if you are still going to use adapters?
Back to top Go down
whiterps13
Post Enthusiast
Post Enthusiast
whiterps13

Number of posts : 1385
Vehicle : S4

PostSubject: Re: GT Homologation Special   GT Homologation Special - Page 8 Icon_minitimeJune 19th 2015, 8:58 am

Do you have tires picked out? I cant see this thing running anything other than super wide R-Comps.
Back to top Go down
Nachtmensch
whatever
whatever
Nachtmensch

PostSubject: Re: GT Homologation Special   GT Homologation Special - Page 8 Icon_minitimeJune 19th 2015, 10:23 am

DJ Longdick wrote:
why did you go 5 lug if you are still going to use adapters?
Because 4 to 5 lug is sketchy with the amount of mechanical grip I'm aiming for. I talked to a few owners of 4 to 5 lug adapters and they all hate them. A 5 to 5 is exactly like running a normal spacer. The 4 to 5 has a shared lug or some stupid intricate two piece spacer design.

whiterps13 wrote:
Do you have tires picked out? I cant see this thing running anything other than super wide R-Comps.
Looking at A048's and R888's right now. I'll make the jump to R's later when the bank account fills up again. Widebody, paint, 5 lug, wheels, and AEM have all taken a huge impact on the wallet this year. Not to mention the V6 stuff that I've started collecting. With only one set of wheels for the car right now, R comps are unlikely. I don't want to wear them down driving once to the city and back.
Back to top Go down
Gaybaby
Forum Frequenter
Forum Frequenter
Gaybaby

PostSubject: Re: GT Homologation Special   GT Homologation Special - Page 8 Icon_minitimeJune 19th 2015, 11:33 am

Nachtmensch wrote:
whiterps13 wrote:
Looking at A048's and R888's right now. I'll make the jump to R's later when the bank account fills up again. Widebody, paint, 5 lug, wheels, and AEM have all taken a huge impact on the wallet this year. Not to mention the V6 stuff that I've started collecting. With only one set of wheels for the car right now, R comps are unlikely. I don't want to wear them down driving once to the city and back.

Aren't A048/R888 R-Comp, you mean AD08R & R1R? I'm lost with the way this is worded.
Back to top Go down
Nachtmensch
whatever
whatever
Nachtmensch

PostSubject: Re: GT Homologation Special   GT Homologation Special - Page 8 Icon_minitimeJune 19th 2015, 2:00 pm

Gaybaby wrote:
Nachtmensch wrote:
whiterps13 wrote:

Aren't A048/R888 R-Comp, you mean AD08R & R1R? I'm lost with the way this is worded.
I'm under the assumption to that A048/R888 are not R comp, are they? I know so little about tires. I always thought R comps have no tread pattern, but may have a line or two.

GT Homologation Special - Page 8 Hk_ventus_z214_pdpcrop

Anyway, I bought wheels.
Back to top Go down
Gaybaby
Forum Frequenter
Forum Frequenter
Gaybaby

PostSubject: Re: GT Homologation Special   GT Homologation Special - Page 8 Icon_minitimeJune 19th 2015, 3:38 pm

Nachtmensch wrote:
Gaybaby wrote:
Nachtmensch wrote:
whiterps13 wrote:

I'm under the assumption to that A048/R888 are not R comp, are they? I know so little about tires. I always thought R comps have no tread pattern, but may have a line or two.

Anyway, I bought wheels.

R888/A048 are R-Comp, the Z214/Hoosiers would probably also be considered R-comp, probably comes down to treaded R-comp vs. semi-slick or something.

What wheels? Don't be a lame.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GT Homologation Special   GT Homologation Special - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GT Homologation Special
Page 8 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next