Chicago Area 240sx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chicago Area 240sx

Since 2006.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

power vs looks?

Go down 
+26
FusionR300zx
ilia
Adrian_S13
hs13kls
DJ Longdick
spinner
UPPER LIP YEAST INFECTION
Stab Master Sharson
Dirty Dee
Berzerker
Specter
NismoDriftPunk
rcl1221
Xmax
Jay
D*S Roski
dwvinny
Scuba Steve
Nackers
Lsonboost
D*S Dstar
D*S Trucky
Nachtmensch
gOtPUrPL3
domdaaxe58
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
ilia
Light Duty Poster
Light Duty Poster

Number of posts : 107

power vs looks? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: power vs looks?   power vs looks? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSeptember 13th 2008, 1:15 pm

I didn't read any of this thread, but I just came here to say that anyone who does power first is crazy.

It's way more important to look cool than it is to have any kind of functional car.
Back to top Go down
FusionR300zx
Post Whore
Post Whore
FusionR300zx

Number of posts : 3248
Vehicle : 1997 240sx 1993 300zx 2+2

PostSubject: Re: power vs looks?   power vs looks? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSeptember 13th 2008, 3:28 pm

for looks it would be clean oem setup with coils wheels and other suspension.

i don't think i could go from driving my 2871r'd sr to driving a stock 16+sec 240.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/aricwithana
Los Vlados Locos
Captain Obvious
Captain Obvious

Number of posts : 2188

PostSubject: Re: power vs looks?   power vs looks? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSeptember 13th 2008, 4:06 pm

Yeah i agree with you there, i am more of a fan of the stock look of the car, especially if its a S14 with some nice wheels that sit really flush and almost no wheel gap.... when i finally do get my damn Zenki i want just stock body with the lip, 18 inch rims with 275 or 285 in rear or 255 or less in front....

and drive with a stock Ka with just a exhaust for a while and then either slap on a turbo kit and wait for it to blow up so i have excuse for SR swap or just do S14 Sr from the start....

I am all for looks before power, because you should get to know your car before you do shit to the engine to make it faster.... all these morons get their parents to buy them fast cars and they fucking wreck it.... i also feel that if you do all the mods with your own money you take better care of it then you would by getting it from your parents or someone else.
Back to top Go down
profpin
Light Duty Poster
Light Duty Poster
profpin

Number of posts : 119
Vehicle : sil 80

PostSubject: Re: power vs looks?   power vs looks? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSeptember 16th 2008, 3:45 pm

i just like clean cars with a bit of hp... altogether makes a clean but fun vehicle and it doent standout to the point that attracts attention unless you know what it is...
Back to top Go down
D*S Roski
DS! DS! DS!
DS! DS! DS!
D*S Roski

Number of posts : 3911
Vehicle : g35

PostSubject: Re: power vs looks?   power vs looks? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSeptember 16th 2008, 4:43 pm

ilia wrote:
I didn't read any of this thread, but I just came here to say that anyone who does power first is crazy.

It's way more important to look cool than it is to have any kind of functional car.

yaDAAAAAAMMMNNN RIGHT!
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/roskiller
D*S Trucky
DS! DS! DS!
DS! DS! DS!
D*S Trucky

Number of posts : 5038
Vehicle : 91 s13 coupe

PostSubject: Re: power vs looks?   power vs looks? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSeptember 16th 2008, 5:50 pm

Dude same here, now i have power but my car look like crap, i would rather be flush ass fuck, full aero and paint and have a single cam KA......
And yes Roski im talking about you.......
Back to top Go down
D*S Roski
DS! DS! DS!
DS! DS! DS!
D*S Roski

Number of posts : 3911
Vehicle : g35

PostSubject: Re: power vs looks?   power vs looks? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSeptember 16th 2008, 6:07 pm

:does harlem shake:
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/roskiller
RAD MIKE Circa 3006
Starry Night, Celestial Skies.
Starry Night, Celestial Skies.
RAD MIKE Circa 3006

Number of posts : 3524

PostSubject: Re: power vs looks?   power vs looks? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSeptember 16th 2008, 6:27 pm

im doing looks first.
no doubt....
Back to top Go down
yadonnome123
Fucking Noob
Fucking Noob
yadonnome123

Number of posts : 70
Vehicle : 93' S13 240sx hatch

PostSubject: Re: power vs looks?   power vs looks? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSeptember 16th 2008, 8:13 pm

ehh im goin towards looks in this one.

Suspension ~ should be the first mod. no only does it look amazing even on a stock 240, but it adds performance. you learn to get ur car to work for you and not work with ur car.

Power is cool just cuz you have a higher hp/tq # than other drivers doesnt mean you can drive. $ doesnt = skill. Thats what i hate about drag cars. there becomes a point where $ is the only difference between u winning or loosing.

Drift tho, good driver ina stock 240 vs nick hogan and weve got a new look on some peoples faces! haha

suspension first, then its up to you, aero/performance.

For me tho im gettin coilovers first, painting my shit second, and addin a turbo kit to my KA last. Im not worried bout havin a small setup cuz im building my car for drift not ....show/drag fag car.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: power vs looks?   power vs looks? - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

power vs looks?
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4