Chicago Area 240sx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chicago Area 240sx

Since 2006.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

power vs looks?

Go down 
+26
FusionR300zx
ilia
Adrian_S13
hs13kls
DJ Longdick
spinner
UPPER LIP YEAST INFECTION
Stab Master Sharson
Dirty Dee
Berzerker
Specter
NismoDriftPunk
rcl1221
Xmax
Jay
D*S Roski
dwvinny
Scuba Steve
Nackers
Lsonboost
D*S Dstar
D*S Trucky
Nachtmensch
gOtPUrPL3
domdaaxe58
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Specter
WALLA WALLA WASHINGTON!!!!!!!!
Specter

Number of posts : 2505
Vehicle : '89 Piggy Coupe

power vs looks? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: power vs looks?   power vs looks? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 14th 2008, 8:17 am

i kinda lucked my way into both

but before my green coupe was all looks, slammed, aero, dukey green sil front etc all on a stock KA24DE

if a car looks like ass i just won't drive it
Back to top Go down
Jay
Newb friendly
Newb friendly
Jay

Number of posts : 1432
Vehicle : S13 Garage Slut & S14 Daily Whore

PostSubject: Re: power vs looks?   power vs looks? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 14th 2008, 10:02 am

this thread is funny
handling = looks?? someone was kidding right?
Origin/VS is expensive bodykit? when did that happen?
stock SR=power? maybe beggining, but c'mon!

Putting down power requires better/wider wheels, so how does that play into it?

Just to clarify, I will have it all, but looks department is the last on the priority list. Unlike Edgar, I could care less how it looks, as long as I can haul ass, burn rubber at will in 3rd, and have side exhausts thumb up
Back to top Go down
D*S Dstar
D*S Dstar

Number of posts : 11254
Vehicle : RED SHARK V1-5, MOBY DICK.

PostSubject: Re: power vs looks?   power vs looks? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 14th 2008, 1:45 pm

Whoah whoa whoa. I NEVER said Origin/VS was expensive.
I was talking about in comparison to a 350 egay fatboygaragezracingtyperzzdrifter kit or some shit.
Expensive aero is along the lines of a real BN or Vertex kit.
Handling=looks was never stated either. What we did say is for the most part to get the looks going youll need a full coilover setup. If your like most of us you wont get some cheap shit. Thus resulting in drastically improved handling right off the bat.
Never said looks equal some full blown fucking Ohlins,full link,roll center adjusted, corner weighted ALMS setup or something.

Also, I never ever said stock SR=power.
Although, I would say a boost up/bolt on SR would be adequate in power. I know im not exactly starving for more anytime soon.
I realize all this shit is opinion and this argument will be neverending and all.

Another thing that comes into play is how your gonna use the car.
My car was my daily and only car. I could not roll in a stock height, sunk ugly car. ALso, I had absoutely no fucking use for all this power you guys are talking about. What the fuck do half the dudes in this thread need that power for? Drag racing GUidos in SRT-4' or some shit? Their not exactly knocking on Z06's doors at the track or anything. I used my shit for transportation, girls, and drifting. I never felt like I NEEDED more power until the very end when I had completly maxed out the KA. And I mean that, half the dude who say that are making an excuse.
You later see them trying to drive and their using nothing but mid corner throttle mashing in belief that their "drifting".
Back to top Go down
https://chicagoarea240sx.editboard.com
domdaaxe58
Established Member
Established Member
domdaaxe58

Number of posts : 604
Vehicle : Gay 350z Vert

PostSubject: Re: power vs looks?   power vs looks? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 14th 2008, 4:25 pm

Xmax wrote:
I think the word "power" is to much of a broad topic to choose and "looks" as well. I think the better choice of words would be Performance, meaning decent suspension, decent power under the hood, but not much done to the outside, maybe other than wheels. And as for "looks," "apperance" would be the better choice of word. Meaning ebay suspension, but barely anything done under the hood, but you have a version body kit.

If I had to choose this time around I'd still go with performance. I'm out of my ricer stage, which I am not saying that people that prefers looks over performance are ricers, I'm just saying that I went through my ricer stage and realized that, when I go to the track, performance parts wins races and driverskill, but not body kits. Bodykits wins carshows.

yea sure lets go with that...
Back to top Go down
Berzerker
Light Duty Poster
Light Duty Poster

Number of posts : 194

PostSubject: Re: power vs looks?   power vs looks? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 14th 2008, 6:11 pm

Shit, Im going with power first then maybe a nice body kit/s15 front,

I would not want to have a slow good looking car, and get smoked by evry1 on the street lol.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Newb friendly
Newb friendly
Jay

PostSubject: Re: power vs looks?   power vs looks? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 14th 2008, 6:15 pm

D*star wrote:
Whoah whoa whoa. I NEVER said Origin/VS was expensive.
I was talking about in comparison to a 350 egay fatboygaragezracingtyperzzdrifter kit or some shit.
Expensive aero is along the lines of a real BN or Vertex kit.
Handling=looks was never stated either. What we did say is for the most part to get the looks going youll need a full coilover setup. If your like most of us you wont get some cheap shit. Thus resulting in drastically improved handling right off the bat.
Never said looks equal some full blown fucking Ohlins,full link,roll center adjusted, corner weighted ALMS setup or something.

Also, I never ever said stock SR=power.
Although, I would say a boost up/bolt on SR would be adequate in power. I know im not exactly starving for more anytime soon.
I realize all this shit is opinion and this argument will be neverending and all.

Another thing that comes into play is how your gonna use the car.
My car was my daily and only car. I could not roll in a stock height, sunk ugly car. ALso, I had absoutely no fucking use for all this power you guys are talking about. What the fuck do half the dudes in this thread need that power for? Drag racing GUidos in SRT-4' or some shit? Their not exactly knocking on Z06's doors at the track or anything. I used my shit for transportation, girls, and drifting. I never felt like I NEEDED more power until the very end when I had completly maxed out the KA. And I mean that, half the dude who say that are making an excuse.
You later see them trying to drive and their using nothing but mid corner throttle mashing in belief that their "drifting".

whoa, take it easy there. I dont think any of my comments were about what you said.
SR = power was more to what specter said.
some one mentioned "nice Origin kit"
but yeah, HUG IT OUT MAN!!!!! rofl
Back to top Go down
Nachtmensch
whatever
whatever
Nachtmensch

Number of posts : 11764
Vehicle : MRS, IS350

PostSubject: Re: power vs looks?   power vs looks? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 14th 2008, 6:40 pm

thats what i was thinking.

he didnt say anything about what edgar said, more so other users.
Back to top Go down
Specter
Specter

PostSubject: Re: power vs looks?   power vs looks? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 14th 2008, 7:19 pm

okay well since i seem to be dragged into all these internet buttfuck arguments i think i'll defend myself on this one

READ FAGGOT

i answered the original question quite clearly

i prefer looks over power, simple and done. i never said that the SR was the most powerful god created perfect quote unquote "power" that you could have

i would not want that nor need that

however compared to the stock KA24DE i was used to driving the STOCK SR20DET that i am currently enjoying has much more grunt to it

fucking christ i'm tired of people always saying "specter said this" "well i'm just replying to what Specter said" "Specter i have a gay love crush on your e-dick"

here's an idea, fucking read what i wrote before typing what you think i wrote...

[/rant]
Back to top Go down
domdaaxe58
Established Member
Established Member
domdaaxe58

Number of posts : 604
Vehicle : Gay 350z Vert

PostSubject: Re: power vs looks?   power vs looks? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 14th 2008, 8:38 pm

does somebody need a hug?
Back to top Go down
Specter
Specter

PostSubject: Re: power vs looks?   power vs looks? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 14th 2008, 10:03 pm

no, not really... i'm just sick of people who can't read
Back to top Go down
Scuba Steve
Established Member
Established Member
Scuba Steve

Number of posts : 551
Vehicle : '93 S13 with all the Fanboy features!

PostSubject: Re: power vs looks?   power vs looks? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 14th 2008, 11:27 pm

Berzerker wrote:

I would not want to have a slow good looking car, and get smoked by evry1 on the street lol.

A'men.
Back to top Go down
D*S Trucky
DS! DS! DS!
DS! DS! DS!
D*S Trucky

Number of posts : 5038
Vehicle : 91 s13 coupe

PostSubject: Re: power vs looks?   power vs looks? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 14th 2008, 11:40 pm

FUCK ALL YOU FAGS........LOOK's= HOES!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Jay
Newb friendly
Newb friendly
Jay

PostSubject: Re: power vs looks?   power vs looks? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 14th 2008, 11:42 pm

Specter wrote:
i kinda lucked my way into both
you said that.
with a stock as fuck SR with SMIC.
is there more ponies on SR - yes. did you LUCK your way into it. No, but you cried like a bitch tho. you want me to quote that shit too?
Stock SR isn't powerfull at all. It just shows that you haven't actually driven cars that have balls and compared to whatever minivan you just graduated up from. and thats funny to me.

Go cry about it. gay
Back to top Go down
Nachtmensch
whatever
whatever
Nachtmensch

Number of posts : 11764
Vehicle : MRS, IS350

PostSubject: Re: power vs looks?   power vs looks? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 14th 2008, 11:50 pm

i like this thread. lol

too many people get all deffensive about shit that doesnt even matter. if you think your car has 'power', cool, be happy with your 200hp or whatever. it's your car, and you like it.

similar to edgar, im not completely finished with my swap, but from what ive driven, i wish i wouldve just kept no power and done more suspension work. (1500 or so into some one-off coilovers would be nice). maybe im just used to having a slow car, but power doesnt make a car enjoyable to me as much as having a car look top notch and have high-end suspension.
Back to top Go down
Scuba Steve
Established Member
Established Member
Scuba Steve

Number of posts : 551
Vehicle : '93 S13 with all the Fanboy features!

PostSubject: Re: power vs looks?   power vs looks? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 14th 2008, 11:55 pm

Ha Ha!! When I say i prefer power, I mean a good amount of it. 200hp aint shit at all. Not compared to a nasty 700hp 9 sec. drag car (i've ridden in one but not drove). I'm going to be shootin for about 350hp by the end of summer. To me, thats a respectable number. Unlike 200, which, by the way, is about what the new civic si puts out.
Back to top Go down
rcl1221
Established Member
Established Member
rcl1221

Number of posts : 637
Vehicle : RMS13, GH6, ZX636-C1

PostSubject: Re: power vs looks?   power vs looks? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 15th 2008, 1:37 am

Scuba Steve wrote:
Ha Ha!! When I say i prefer power, I mean a good amount of it. 200hp aint shit at all. Not compared to a nasty 700hp 9 sec. drag car (i've ridden in one but not drove). I'm going to be shootin for about 350hp by the end of summer. To me, thats a respectable number. Unlike 200, which, by the way, is about what the new civic si puts out.

Drag racing is for faggots. Are you a faggot?

Why 350? Just cause it sounds like a good number?

I'll go by what I said before, power without control is retarded. I don't want to have some 350hp, 2400lb car that leans and rolls like a fucking Buick.

I'd much rather have a new Civic Si in all it's FWD, 200HP, Daily Driving glory (who's suspension is factory tuned quite nicely btw), than a shitty 240sx with 350+ horsepower on stock suspension.
Back to top Go down
http://www.richiesrandoms.wordpress.com
D*S Dstar
D*S Dstar

PostSubject: Re: power vs looks?   power vs looks? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 15th 2008, 1:44 am

Scuba Steve wrote:
Berzerker wrote:

A'men.

First of all, the fact that you said "nice body kit" and S15 front lets me know your gonna build an ugly piece of american shit.
Second of all, you just said you want power so you can win fucking drag races on the street? Those two things right there let me know what kind of S chassis enthusiast you are. Nico and the rest of the hanging out at taco bell on thursdays and rev on SRT's group is that way, take sidewayzzz queer drag racer i drove a rusty fox body once gay with you. Thanks for telling me how much power the new civic si makes sidewayzzzz, i had no idea. Nor did anyone else on this board, please, teach us more obvious figures we dont already know.

That "200" the civic makes is at the crank, it means 180ish at the wheels in a heavy car. An SR makes 200+ at the wheels with the boltons that everyone gets with the swap anyway. The s13 will run 13's in that setup,
the civic will muster a high 14. BUT WHY THE FUCK DOES THAT MATTER.
Why the FUCK do you keep talkin about drag racing. S chassis' are NOT good drag cars. Go buy a mustang and save yourself the embarrasment and time wasted already.

For the record, most of the people in this thread couldnt build a hot car with all the money in the world, such as the guy up there talking about "nice body kits and s15 fronts" and mustangdragracerboy.
Back to top Go down
Berzerker
Light Duty Poster
Light Duty Poster

PostSubject: Re: power vs looks?   power vs looks? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 15th 2008, 1:58 am

^^ lmao spend all of ur money so ur fking car can be even more havier and slower, and you will get smoked by the new civic lol@u lmao u think its all about looks and ur trying to make ur self believe that is the right choice and the only one, Id rather have my car look stock, and be able to get up and GO anyday over looks. so w/e

Lol D, you think u know it all lmao I can have my fking car w/e I want first of all , Having a daily driver thats a 12 sec car, fun as fk on the street, and i can take that to the balls, drift or drag or auto X or w/e the fk i feel like. And I fucking hate mustangs.

Last edited by Berzerker on April 15th 2008, 2:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
D*S Dstar
D*S Dstar

PostSubject: Re: power vs looks?   power vs looks? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 15th 2008, 2:02 am

How is it gonna be MOARHEAVIER? Explain how it will be heavier and slower since you clearly dont know shit. If you think aero weighs down a car your a retard whos never picked up an aftermarket frp bumper. It makes your car lighter. So please explain how it will be MOARHAVIERANDSLOWERR. And how will my car get beat by the new civic?? I said I PREFER looks over power. That doesn mean I only have looks. My car has alot of power, but I dont give a fuck. Only reason I spent all that cash for power is so I can link more rad shit and look cooler.
Back to top Go down
Berzerker
Light Duty Poster
Light Duty Poster

PostSubject: Re: power vs looks?   power vs looks? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 15th 2008, 2:08 am

lmao dood u all bashing on drag racing and shit, i dont give a fk if u dont like drag racing, i dont give a fk about ur aero shit that makes u loose weight and shit so on, i fucking said i prefer Power over looks, and yes I like the Fucking s15 front end, and Yes I will fucking pick on the fking mustangs and all the other V8s on the street, caus its fun as hell, and I dont care that my car looks stock.

And i love it!
Back to top Go down
D*S Dstar
D*S Dstar

PostSubject: Re: power vs looks?   power vs looks? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 15th 2008, 2:13 am

joo needz to learn hw to tipe N spel mang.
Can i see a pic of your engine?
I hope its a top mounted 30 series turbo or something with the way your talking about picking on v8s on the streets and stuff.
Back to top Go down
Berzerker
Light Duty Poster
Light Duty Poster

PostSubject: Re: power vs looks?   power vs looks? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 15th 2008, 2:18 am

Nah its not a top mount 30 series turbo, if evrything works oke tomarow i should be able to hit 12 sec and il be straight. so w/e
Back to top Go down
D*S Roski
DS! DS! DS!
DS! DS! DS!
D*S Roski

Number of posts : 3911
Vehicle : g35

PostSubject: Re: power vs looks?   power vs looks? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 15th 2008, 2:19 am

yeeeaaa .. . . w/e
imma go loose my bodykit on da schreetz
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/roskiller
Berzerker
Light Duty Poster
Light Duty Poster

PostSubject: Re: power vs looks?   power vs looks? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 15th 2008, 2:22 am

lol@u all and yes i Still stand for me Power b4 looks
Back to top Go down
D*S Dstar
D*S Dstar

PostSubject: Re: power vs looks?   power vs looks? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 15th 2008, 2:26 am

Berzerker wrote:
Nah its not a top mount 30 series turbo, if evrything works oke tomarow i should be able to hit 12 sec and il be straight. so w/e

Whats the setup? 2871?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: power vs looks?   power vs looks? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

power vs looks?
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next