Chicago Area 240sx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chicago Area 240sx

Since 2006.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Removing Emissions problem Kade

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
his180sx
Post Enthusiast
Post Enthusiast

Number of posts : 1050

Removing Emissions problem Kade Empty
PostSubject: Removing Emissions problem Kade   Removing Emissions problem Kade Icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2013, 3:01 am

I took out my charcoal canister and all the vacuum hoses.. I capped the 2 hoses under the throttle body with rubber caps, and the skinny hard line and the hose under the canister. Car starts, but won't hold idle.. Like it dies out right after.. Thoughts? I re- installed the emissions shit and car runs fine.. How can i remove that shit and run?? Btw kade
Back to top Go down
Steve
Established Member
Established Member
Steve

Number of posts : 716
Vehicle : S14 & JZS161

PostSubject: Re: Removing Emissions problem Kade   Removing Emissions problem Kade Icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2013, 3:41 am

Apparently from what I've read, the pressure builds up in the tank so it has a hard time idling. Might just need to find a way to vent the fuel fumes that build up pressure. I read somewhere that if you have less fuel it'll run, but if you have a full tank or whatever it'll have a hard time with idle. Idk though, I haven't done it because I'm stuck with the damn thing for emission testing... even though some sensor or whatever is fucked anyway
Back to top Go down
D*S Dave
DS! DS! DS!
DS! DS! DS!
D*S Dave

Number of posts : 3128
Vehicle : Nostromo

PostSubject: Re: Removing Emissions problem Kade   Removing Emissions problem Kade Icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2013, 6:30 am

Pretty sure you are suppose to loop one of those vacuum lines. Ill snap a picture of my shit later. Ill text it to you sirs. Been meaning to hit you back up. Haha.
Back to top Go down
his180sx
Post Enthusiast
Post Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Removing Emissions problem Kade   Removing Emissions problem Kade Icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2013, 1:16 pm

Pics please
Back to top Go down
DJ Longdick
DS! DS! DS!
DS! DS! DS!
DJ Longdick

Number of posts : 4358
Vehicle : D*Squad 86

PostSubject: Re: Removing Emissions problem Kade   Removing Emissions problem Kade Icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2013, 1:29 pm

dont cap the hard line that goes back to the tank, leave it open. That is a vent for the fumes, pressure will build in tank if you cap that.
Back to top Go down
Maikeru
Forum Frequenter
Forum Frequenter
Maikeru

Number of posts : 200
Vehicle : 89 coupe

PostSubject: Re: Removing Emissions problem Kade   Removing Emissions problem Kade Icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2013, 7:06 pm

I looped mine on my Miata. Should work the same for a 240.
Back to top Go down
his180sx
Post Enthusiast
Post Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Removing Emissions problem Kade   Removing Emissions problem Kade Icon_minitimeMarch 31st 2013, 2:57 pm

Got it running all good thanks to Ds Dave.. Good looking homie
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Removing Emissions problem Kade   Removing Emissions problem Kade Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Removing Emissions problem Kade
Page 1 of 1