Chicago Area 240sx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chicago Area 240sx

Since 2006.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

S13 powersteering problem.

Go down 
+2
Adrian_S13
mishkin_707
6 posters
AuthorMessage
mishkin_707
Forum Frequenter
Forum Frequenter
mishkin_707

Number of posts : 322
Vehicle : '89 Piggy Coupe, '08 tC, '95 talon

S13 powersteering problem. Empty
PostSubject: S13 powersteering problem.   S13 powersteering problem. Icon_minitimeMarch 9th 2010, 10:27 am

First of all I have an 89 S13 coupe 5spd with the boring ass SOHC.
Well, its been really nice out so I took my car out for a drive, I noticed I have no more power steering, I checked my power steering resivoir and it has fluid in it but it's making a loud air sound? Only when I take the cap off of it and I honestly don't remember if the resivoir ever made that sound before, its sucks ass because I gotta start driving it soon and parking in this crappy city sucks ass.

I would've post on neeko but at least here you guys are helpful even in flame mode not to mention everyone is local so I can punch you in the face in person.

Anyone have any ideas?

Last edited by mishkin_707 on March 9th 2010, 10:56 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : can't spell for shit)
Back to top Go down
Adrian_S13
Wizard
Wizard
Adrian_S13

Number of posts : 1310
Vehicle : Aristo....

PostSubject: Re: S13 powersteering problem.   S13 powersteering problem. Icon_minitimeMarch 9th 2010, 2:33 pm

bleed it see what happens turn the wheel all the way left and right after a while of that turn the bitch on and try that again. watch the fund level. ps use auto trans fluid heard its better then actual power steering fluid.
Back to top Go down
DJ Longdick
DS! DS! DS!
DS! DS! DS!
DJ Longdick

Number of posts : 4358
Vehicle : D*Squad 86

PostSubject: Re: S13 powersteering problem.   S13 powersteering problem. Icon_minitimeMarch 9th 2010, 2:41 pm

start the car, leave the ps reservoir open

have someone there to top off the fluid while you turn the wheel lock to lock over and over again, that will get all the bubbles out
Back to top Go down
mishkin_707
Forum Frequenter
Forum Frequenter
mishkin_707

PostSubject: Re: S13 powersteering problem.   S13 powersteering problem. Icon_minitimeMarch 9th 2010, 4:13 pm

I heard about the trans fluid for the power steering but I dunno if I should try that.

Hopefully my bro gets off early like he said and I'll go out there and mess with it, hope it's not the rack.
Back to top Go down
mishkin_707
Forum Frequenter
Forum Frequenter
mishkin_707

PostSubject: Re: S13 powersteering problem.   S13 powersteering problem. Icon_minitimeMarch 21st 2010, 10:29 pm

Thanks guys, yeah I did use the ATF for it, it worked awesome, there was some air in the line because I barely even put any fluid in it an it started taking effect, didn't even use half a bottle, but I didn't want PS fluid and ATF so I just flushed out the PS system and refilled with ATF.

Thanks for the help!
Back to top Go down
xxcrashxx240
Light Duty Poster
Light Duty Poster

Number of posts : 120

PostSubject: Re: S13 powersteering problem.   S13 powersteering problem. Icon_minitimeMarch 22nd 2010, 7:00 pm

i did the same thing except from time to time my steering wheel gets jittery would u guys think i have some more air to bleed through b/c i ended up bleeding it for like a hour last night. i used power steering fluid before but did a complete flush also and put atf in. sorry to thread jack just figured while it was a recent post to ask here.
Back to top Go down
mishkin_707
Forum Frequenter
Forum Frequenter
mishkin_707

PostSubject: Re: S13 powersteering problem.   S13 powersteering problem. Icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2010, 12:47 am

Ah, well mine was jittery too but I just kept bleeding it and it was fine, I have a SOHC so those PS lines are known for leaking like a girl on her rag.

If anything try lifting the front end off of the floor and put some jack stand then try it again, worked for me.
Back to top Go down
240slider8
Fucking Noob
Fucking Noob
240slider8

Number of posts : 92
Vehicle : stock 92 s13 5 speed

PostSubject: Re: S13 powersteering problem.   S13 powersteering problem. Icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2010, 4:31 am

i dont know how long you should keep the atf in there cause it has a very good cleaning agent and for old as your car may be if it cleans to
much could cause other problems in the rack or somthing
Back to top Go down
D*S Dstar
D*S Dstar

Number of posts : 11254
Vehicle : RED SHARK V1-5, MOBY DICK.

PostSubject: Re: S13 powersteering problem.   S13 powersteering problem. Icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2010, 5:15 am

lol
Back to top Go down
https://chicagoarea240sx.editboard.com
Adrian_S13
Wizard
Wizard
Adrian_S13

Number of posts : 1310
Vehicle : Aristo....

PostSubject: Re: S13 powersteering problem.   S13 powersteering problem. Icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2010, 8:56 am

240slider8 wrote:
i dont know how long you should keep the atf in there cause it has a very good cleaning agent and for old as your car may be if it cleans to

2 years n countin, no problems.
Back to top Go down
240slider8
Fucking Noob
Fucking Noob
240slider8

Number of posts : 92
Vehicle : stock 92 s13 5 speed

PostSubject: Re: S13 powersteering problem.   S13 powersteering problem. Icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2010, 9:57 am

if it works then keep it going ,,,, i know i never had any problems with mine
Back to top Go down
mishkin_707
Forum Frequenter
Forum Frequenter
mishkin_707

PostSubject: Re: S13 powersteering problem.   S13 powersteering problem. Icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2010, 1:12 am

240slider8 wrote:

Well my bro works for car quest and they call for dexron III and nissan gave me ATF so im sure I'll be ok.

240slider8 wrote:
if it works then keep it going ,,,, i know i never had any problems with mine

Bah? Confused much?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: S13 powersteering problem.   S13 powersteering problem. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

S13 powersteering problem.
Page 1 of 1