Chicago Area 240sx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chicago Area 240sx

Since 2006.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

new clutch...what to get?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
boostbaron
Light Duty Poster
Light Duty Poster
boostbaron

Number of posts : 109
Vehicle : s13

new clutch...what to get? Empty
PostSubject: new clutch...what to get?   new clutch...what to get? Icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2009, 8:45 pm

this week I will be swapping out my motor and changing the clutch as well... What clutch would you guys reccomend for a (now) stock KADE that will be turbo soon? I really dont want to spend more than $200, i know you get what you pay for but who knows. Car will be used for DD,autox,drift
Back to top Go down
RAD MIKE Circa 3006
Starry Night, Celestial Skies.
Starry Night, Celestial Skies.
RAD MIKE Circa 3006

Number of posts : 3524

PostSubject: Re: new clutch...what to get?   new clutch...what to get? Icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2009, 9:02 pm

ive heard nothing but good about OEM Exedy..
Back to top Go down
boostbaron
Light Duty Poster
Light Duty Poster
boostbaron

Number of posts : 109
Vehicle : s13

PostSubject: Re: new clutch...what to get?   new clutch...what to get? Icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2009, 10:35 pm

prolly gonna go with the "white bunny" setup considering i work at a parts store and can get that stock stuff outrageously cheap...and i heard it works quite well
Back to top Go down
Nachtmensch
whatever
whatever
Nachtmensch

Number of posts : 11764
Vehicle : MRS, IS350

PostSubject: Re: new clutch...what to get?   new clutch...what to get? Icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2009, 11:39 pm

I'm a fan of Exedy Stage 2 for stock or basic bolt ons.
Back to top Go down
ChicagoS14T
Established Member
Established Member
ChicagoS14T

Number of posts : 628

PostSubject: Re: new clutch...what to get?   new clutch...what to get? Icon_minitimeJuly 8th 2009, 12:12 am

Southbend DXD clutches! Hands down! I got a Stage 1 or "Rally Series" in my daily driven KA24E. I beat the hell out if it and holds up to the abuse.

Its rated to hold 265 lb/ft torque

Quote :
Rally kits contain a modified high performance pressure plate and heavy duty organic disc. The linings on this disc are premium woven medium metal content lining. This facing has a 9000 RPM burst and dissipates heat quicker then any other organic lining on the market. This kit generates 1/3 more torque then stock. Also included in the kit are a throw-out bearing, pilot bearing, and alignment tool.

new clutch...what to get? Rally

We ran their higher end model clutch on a 12 second DSM and it never gave us issues. We also put one of their 4 pucks on my buddies honda.... this guy toasted an ACT 2600 and the southbend took all the abuse he gave it.

On top of that its cheaper then a Exedy Stage 1 racing clutch and they are made locally in Indiana. Also their kit includes a throw out bearing, alignment tool and pressure plate. Or you can get a higher end model thats rated for even more power and more abuse:

http://www.dxdracingclutches.com/home.html

PM me for more info, I can get some $ knocked off their online price and I can get the clutch within like 1 day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new clutch...what to get?   new clutch...what to get? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

new clutch...what to get?
Page 1 of 1