Chicago Area 240sx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chicago Area 240sx

Since 2006.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

David's CA18DET build-up thread!

Go down 
+18
k c
Rated240R
tyler
TaCo_StaMp
D*S Trucky
Adikt
Stab Master Sharson
Dirty Dee
D*S Roski
A-Town-SR
Atown 240
FusionR300zx
chitown240SX
D*S Dstar
whiteazn1184
Nachtmensch
Specter
davidricardo86
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Nachtmensch
whatever
whatever
Nachtmensch

Number of posts : 11764
Vehicle : MRS, IS350

David's CA18DET build-up thread! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: David's CA18DET build-up thread!   David's CA18DET build-up thread! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeJuly 20th 2007, 8:01 am

i have an ARC intake box for a S13 with a CA18DET. let me know if you want it thumb up
Back to top Go down
whiteazn1184
Established Member
Established Member
whiteazn1184

Number of posts : 582
Vehicle : 02 Subaru Wagon

PostSubject: Re: David's CA18DET build-up thread!   David's CA18DET build-up thread! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeJuly 20th 2007, 9:13 am

yea man bring it to the meet... i guess everyone want to see it
Back to top Go down
lopez6558
Forum Frequenter
Forum Frequenter
lopez6558

Number of posts : 321
Vehicle : 95 240sx coupe/96 240sx coupe

PostSubject: Re: David's CA18DET build-up thread!   David's CA18DET build-up thread! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeJuly 20th 2007, 1:04 pm

thumb up dammm, that fine build man. congrats. keep it goin. cheers
Back to top Go down
http://grimcreations.weebly.com/
SteFoOo
Fucking Noob
Fucking Noob

Number of posts : 22
Vehicle : 1991 Nissan 240sx SE Hatchback

PostSubject: Re: David's CA18DET build-up thread!   David's CA18DET build-up thread! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeJuly 20th 2007, 1:13 pm

i already saw it when i went to go buy his motor.
pretty god damn sweet car =)
Back to top Go down
koh_ki240
Forum Frequenter
Forum Frequenter

Number of posts : 306
Vehicle : Sr'd hatch

PostSubject: Re: David's CA18DET build-up thread!   David's CA18DET build-up thread! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeJuly 20th 2007, 4:51 pm

man david respect on the build, thats just impressive. it makes me wana get a CA myself lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ninjasaurusrex
Stab Master Sharson
Straight outta Locash
Straight outta Locash
Stab Master Sharson

Number of posts : 4346

PostSubject: Re: David's CA18DET build-up thread!   David's CA18DET build-up thread! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeJuly 20th 2007, 5:24 pm

wats the total for everything?

meaning cost for parts and such n such.......

and also approximately how much hp u expecting?
Back to top Go down
davidricardo86
Light Duty Poster
Light Duty Poster
davidricardo86

Number of posts : 160
Vehicle : 92 S13 SE Coupe

PostSubject: Re: David's CA18DET build-up thread!   David's CA18DET build-up thread! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeJuly 20th 2007, 10:35 pm

k c wrote:
nice job man!

what do you plan on doing next? wheels? suspension maybe?

Thanks! Next big mod will be fully adjustable suspension, then wheels and tires. My suspension is mad f'd up! A set of Stances will correct this though!

ROSKILLER wrote:
BRING HER TO THE MEET. . .

I dont think im going to make it this time but im going to try. I'll definitely show you guys when i figure out a few "bugs."

Nachtmensch wrote:
i have an ARC intake box for a S13 with a CA18DET. let me know if you want it thumb up

Give me your email and maybe we can work something out. ARC products are good and rare especially for the CA18DET.

whiteazn1184 wrote:
yea man bring it to the meet... i guess everyone want to see it

I will try my best.

lopez6558 wrote:
thumb up dammm, that fine build man. congrats. keep it goin. cheers

Thank you thank you. I'll keep updating as soon as possible.

koh_ki240 wrote:
man david respect on the build, thats just impressive. it makes me wana get a CA myself lol

Ha ha you should get a CA! They're the best! cheers Im just playin. Any of the possible swaps are great in their own ways. Thanks for the props. Wish i could've done it in a shorter amount of time though.

fukthe5o wrote:
wats the total for everything?

meaning cost for parts and such n such.......

and also approximately how much hp u expecting?

Honestly ive lost count as of right now but i did hold on to all my reciepts. I will post up some prices later as soon as i can gather everything togther. All i can tell you is that its A LOT! ha ha ha lol

As far as HP goes, its going to be close to stock if not a little over stock. Fuel injectors, turbocharger and boost are all at stock settings. I did internally work to the block and head but thats not going to change much. With the correct supporting mods this engine can see ~350whp. Im shooting for a "modest" 250-300whp later once i upgrade the fuel, computer, and turbo. A stock CA18DET is known to handle ~300hp. This is at its limits and probably not a great idea unless you've got great tuning skils and the right upgrades.
Back to top Go down
D*S Dstar
D*S Dstar

Number of posts : 11254
Vehicle : RED SHARK V1-5, MOBY DICK.

PostSubject: Re: David's CA18DET build-up thread!   David's CA18DET build-up thread! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeJuly 21st 2007, 1:00 am

Quote :
ARC products are good and rare especially for the CA18DET.

I like how he offers to sell YOU the part, and you explain to HIM what it is and the quality of it. rofl

Ive noticed that you talk to people like their asking you questions all the time, even when their just stating something to you. Yet when you met Trucky, you asked him what offsets were.

Anyway...props for having so much patience and stuff on building this thing. I could NEVER have my car down for so long. Id rather get an Sr and bolt-on it for 300 reliable whp. In any case nice to see its finally gonna be put to use.
Back to top Go down
https://chicagoarea240sx.editboard.com
Nachtmensch
whatever
whatever
Nachtmensch

PostSubject: Re: David's CA18DET build-up thread!   David's CA18DET build-up thread! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeJuly 21st 2007, 1:11 am

davidricardo86 wrote:

Nachtmensch wrote:

Give me your email and maybe we can work something out. ARC products are good and rare especially for the CA18DET.

dc2_lsvtec@sbcglobal.net

let me know. its just sitting in my garage. i had it shipped from japan when i had my 240sx and was planning to swap or turbo my car. so its been sitting ever since
Back to top Go down
davidricardo86
Light Duty Poster
Light Duty Poster
davidricardo86

PostSubject: Re: David's CA18DET build-up thread!   David's CA18DET build-up thread! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeJuly 21st 2007, 2:03 am

D*star wrote:
Quote :
ARC products are good and rare especially for the CA18DET.

I like how he offers to sell YOU the part, and you explain to HIM what it is and the quality of it. rofl

Ive noticed that you talk to people like their asking you questions all the time, even when their just stating something to you. Yet when you met Trucky, you asked him what offsets were.

Anyway...props for having so much patience and stuff on building this thing. I could NEVER have my car down for so long. Id rather get an Sr and bolt-on it for 300 reliable whp. In any case nice to see its finally gonna be put to use.

lol Right I know the airbox is from a good manufacturer and its for my engine, thats why i think i should have it. Also the rarity of the item draws my attention. Razz

I talked to truck_boy but i really cant remember too much of what we talked about. It was a while ago. I smoke bud, which tends to make me forget shiyt.

Where & how is truck_boy?

Yeah its a very slow process and it sucks! Money is what gets me. I like your "Sr and bolt-on it for 300 reliable whp" idea! Thats not a bad idea if done correctly, i'd do it. Remember what pure_luck said, "i chose an expensive hobby!" Similar situation. Since i chose the other engine and rebuilt it, i had to pay and wait. Although the information i got out of this whole mess was great anyways. Eh, that makes up for it. thumb up

BTW, your car is mad clean dude! Lovin' that shiyt!
Back to top Go down
D*S Dstar
D*S Dstar

PostSubject: Re: David's CA18DET build-up thread!   David's CA18DET build-up thread! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeJuly 21st 2007, 2:11 am

Quote :
I like your "Sr and bolt-on it for 300 reliable whp" idea! Thats not a bad idea if done correctly

This is what im talking about. I know that, EVERYBODY knows that,
I didnt ask you if it was a bad idea, I WAS TELLING YOU. Maybe im just nitpicking...im a bit confrontational, dont mind me, in any case, what are you using this car for?
Back to top Go down
D*S Roski
DS! DS! DS!
DS! DS! DS!
D*S Roski

Number of posts : 3911
Vehicle : g35

PostSubject: Re: David's CA18DET build-up thread!   David's CA18DET build-up thread! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeJuly 21st 2007, 2:15 am

damn d* relax. .
look at his face . . .
you've upset him. .

hAHAHAHA
im joking man. .
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/roskiller
D*S Dstar
D*S Dstar

PostSubject: Re: David's CA18DET build-up thread!   David's CA18DET build-up thread! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeJuly 21st 2007, 2:19 am

Yeah, yeah dont mind me. It was just bugging the shit out of me.
DOnt let that stop you from posting your progress and stuff man.
Back to top Go down
Stab Master Sharson
Straight outta Locash
Straight outta Locash
Stab Master Sharson

Number of posts : 4346

PostSubject: Re: David's CA18DET build-up thread!   David's CA18DET build-up thread! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeJuly 21st 2007, 2:22 am

the admin (#1) and mods (just roski) are real assholes on this forum......
Back to top Go down
Nachtmensch
whatever
whatever
Nachtmensch

PostSubject: Re: David's CA18DET build-up thread!   David's CA18DET build-up thread! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeJuly 21st 2007, 2:23 am

yeah, ignore edgar. hes a picky little bitch.

keep up the good work Smile

what kind of suspension setup are you considering? i know you said STANCE coilovers, but what about links and such?
Back to top Go down
explictness
Light Duty Poster
Light Duty Poster
explictness

Number of posts : 173
Vehicle : 89 240SX Coupe

PostSubject: Re: David's CA18DET build-up thread!   David's CA18DET build-up thread! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeJuly 21st 2007, 8:31 pm

yo david, sorry to thread jack.

um how much meat did the clutch on the KA that i got from you? Just wana know now before i swap it in my car, incase i do need to chang the clutch.
Back to top Go down
davidricardo86
Light Duty Poster
Light Duty Poster
davidricardo86

PostSubject: Re: David's CA18DET build-up thread!   David's CA18DET build-up thread! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeJuly 21st 2007, 10:10 pm

Hey Edgar i think part of this is my fault because sometimes i type something a little bit different than what i must've been thinking in my head. Its cool tho i get what you're saying and no hard feelings here. beer

My plan for the car is for it to be mostly a "grip" street car with around 250-300hp and the ability to handle like its on rails. Time trials and a track assassin! Thats what i would really like to do with it. I went with the CA based on getting lighter and achieving better overall balance. Although i dont think im there just yet.

I also love highway racing, touge-like driving and i do plan on learning dorifto!

Basically if its got twisties and it involves speed driving, im down! Im a newb driver so i've got much to learn. Razz

Nachtmensch wrote:
yeah, ignore edgar. hes a picky little bitch.

keep up the good work Smile

what kind of suspension setup are you considering? i know you said STANCE coilovers, but what about links and such?

Oh the whole nine yards my friend! All the links, bushings, sway bars, strut bars, chassis bars, etc. Im after the adjustability from a lot of these parts especially the sway bars, dampers, and springs. I need to be able to further adjust height, camber, toe, and caster as these will change when i change my wheels and tires.

Just a thought i had, i want to have a set of wheels and tires meant more towards grip and handling and another set for sliding around. These both require a little bit of a different settings all around so i want to be able adjust accordingly. Well thats all i have in mind as of right now. Hopefully i wont make things too complicated for myself...

Last edited by on July 21st 2007, 10:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
davidricardo86
Light Duty Poster
Light Duty Poster
davidricardo86

PostSubject: Re: David's CA18DET build-up thread!   David's CA18DET build-up thread! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeJuly 21st 2007, 10:23 pm

explictness wrote:
yo david, sorry to thread jack.

um how much meat did the clutch on the KA that i got from you? Just wana know now before i swap it in my car, incase i do need to chang the clutch.

Is this Stephan (dude i sold my ka to)? I thought you or some other dude in the previous page was you? Do you have two names here?

Sorry but I think you're trying to ask me about the clutch and how much it had left on it? To be honest i never replaced it nor did it need replacing. It grabbed just fine from day one and i never beat up on it. Just normal driving from work, school, etc. etc. While the engine and trans are out of the car, its never a bad idea to consider checking and or replacing the clutch. Like i said, the engine drove just fine, clutch grabbed good and the trans shifted good. I sometimes take the initiative and just think of it as preventative maintanance.
Back to top Go down
explictness
Light Duty Poster
Light Duty Poster
explictness

Number of posts : 173
Vehicle : 89 240SX Coupe

PostSubject: Re: David's CA18DET build-up thread!   David's CA18DET build-up thread! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeJuly 22nd 2007, 1:41 pm

haha,

no no. i'm thomas. the guy you sold the motor too.

Stephan -> stefoo (my friend)
explictness->thomas (i came to get the motor in my big ass blue van)

haha, alright, well i'll take a look at some clutches just to be safe. right when i get the engine swapped i'm going to do a complete tune up, and maybe consider going turbo, if it has good compression thumb up
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: David's CA18DET build-up thread!   David's CA18DET build-up thread! - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

David's CA18DET build-up thread!
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5