Chicago Area 240sx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chicago Area 240sx

Since 2006.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

HELP, 180sx position light wiring

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DJ Longdick
DS! DS! DS!
DS! DS! DS!
DJ Longdick

Number of posts : 4358
Vehicle : D*Squad 86

HELP, 180sx position light wiring Empty
PostSubject: HELP, 180sx position light wiring   HELP, 180sx position light wiring Icon_minitimeSeptember 13th 2008, 3:35 pm

'm trying to wire my position lights to work as turn signals.

heres what i did.

cut off stock front turn signal connector, left with 3 wires

one red/blue
one green/yellow (green/black on the other side)
one black

i'm assuming red/blue is parking lights, the 2 green ones are turn signals, and black is ground.

my position light connectors only have 2 wires, they are both the same color (i think they are home made)

ive tried almost every combination of the 2 stock turn signal wires with the 2 i have from my connectors. but i cant make them blink

but heres the kicker, NONE of my turn signals work. normally if i just unplug the fronts, the rears will just blink really fast. now that i cut them i get NOTHING, the interior lights dont flash, the rears dont do anything. you get the idea.

i checked the fuse, it was blown, i changed it. didnt help, new one is not blown.

i changed the bulbs for the new lights cuz they were both junk, i THINK i have the right size, i got some 194 slip in type from the hardware store that fit, they just look a little different than the old ones (which i think were LED)

i dont know what to do, the turn signal stalk doesnt do anything, turning the hazards on doesnt do anything.

any help is GREATLY appreciated, i dont want to risk driving around with no turn signals, and i'd really like to get my bumper put on today.

i just found a DIY, i followed all the instructions and STILL nothing.

whoever figures it out will get $5 paypal.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Newb friendly
Newb friendly
Jay

Number of posts : 1432
Vehicle : S13 Garage Slut & S14 Daily Whore

HELP, 180sx position light wiring Empty
PostSubject: Re: HELP, 180sx position light wiring   HELP, 180sx position light wiring Icon_minitimeSeptember 13th 2008, 10:22 pm

50 and I can solve it.

LOL
Back to top Go down

HELP, 180sx position light wiring
Page 1 of 1