Chicago Area 240sx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chicago Area 240sx

Since 2006.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Car wont start sr swap

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
dorikin717
Established Member
Established Member
dorikin717

Number of posts : 850
Vehicle : C33

Car wont start sr swap Empty
PostSubject: Car wont start sr swap   Car wont start sr swap Icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2011, 5:27 pm

Well i just finished up my s13 sr swap into my s14. So i go to crank it i get nothing at all, found some wires wernt grounded, fixed those still nothing. Take a look at the ecu its not getting power wtf. I took a look under the dash and there was some shitty aftermarket alarm wired into the car i traced all the wires back and took the alarm system out of tge harness. I go to crank it again still nothing. I have no idea what to do at this point i need any kind of advice or tips on diagnosing or troubleshooting this shit cuz im lost.

I was thinking about just jumping the starter but that not really gunna solve anything since my ecu isent getting power, it was just a thought.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
D*S Dstar
D*S Dstar

Number of posts : 11254
Vehicle : RED SHARK V1-5, MOBY DICK.

PostSubject: Re: Car wont start sr swap   Car wont start sr swap Icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2011, 7:41 pm

More than likely a wiring issue. Have you tried a different ecu yet just to make sure?
Back to top Go down
https://chicagoarea240sx.editboard.com
dorikin717
Established Member
Established Member
dorikin717

PostSubject: Re: Car wont start sr swap   Car wont start sr swap Icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2011, 8:56 pm

Yea i hooked up my freinds ecu out of his running car and still nothing, im fairly confident in the wiring but idk with the s14 it has a weird ecu relay. Im not used to that since iv really only swapped s13's.
Back to top Go down
Dirty Dee
Post Whore
Post Whore
Dirty Dee

Number of posts : 3781
Vehicle : 2012 WRX

PostSubject: Re: Car wont start sr swap   Car wont start sr swap Icon_minitimeJuly 9th 2011, 1:32 pm

one thing you can do is get a continuity tester. Its going to be a pain in the ass since the wiring harness is in the car already, but you can use it to see if there are any breaks in the wiring between the plugs in the engine bay and the plug going to the ecu.
Back to top Go down
dorikin717
Established Member
Established Member
dorikin717

PostSubject: Re: Car wont start sr swap   Car wont start sr swap Icon_minitimeJuly 9th 2011, 5:46 pm

Alright well messed with the car some more, i got the ecu the fuel pump and the spark plugs to work. I checked the injectors and i have no power at all going to any them.
Back to top Go down
dorikin717
Established Member
Established Member
dorikin717

PostSubject: Re: Car wont start sr swap   Car wont start sr swap Icon_minitimeJuly 18th 2011, 7:26 pm

Anyone have any ideas why my injectors dont work? Possible bad ecu?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Car wont start sr swap   Car wont start sr swap Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Car wont start sr swap
Page 1 of 1