Chicago Area 240sx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chicago Area 240sx

Since 2006.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

trans wont fit! need help!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Nachtmensch
whatever
whatever
Nachtmensch

Number of posts : 11764
Vehicle : MRS, IS350

trans wont fit! need help! Empty
PostSubject: trans wont fit! need help!   trans wont fit! need help! Icon_minitimeJanuary 13th 2007, 11:41 am

ok, so my old clutch destroyed itself on me. so i upgraded to a exedy stage 2 four puck clutch. so i pulled the old trans off (2nd grinds) and brought my flywheel to be resurfaced as it should be, and my TO bearing pressed in. i bring it all home, torque on my flywheel. i begin to think about why my old clutch went out and i remember i never installed a pilot bushing. so i tap one in using a deep well 14mm socket (to not damage the bushing).

after that, i bolt up the clutch and attempt to put the trans in. it goes in, but stops about an inch away from the motor.sonfused as hell, i back it out and try again. same thing. so i pull the trans down assuming i now have two pilot bushings. i cut the one out (dont ask, i havd no pilot bushing puller and it was 3am), feel for a bushing wedged way back in there and try again. same scenario.

i pull it back out, take the clutch off, realign it, and try again. same thing.

so i end up pulling th emotor so i dont have to wrestle with this transmission under my car for hours. well heres the thing, it STILL wont go in and always stopps 1" from mating with the motor.

ive been trying to use bolts to pull it to the motor, but this sounds like a bad idea and isnt working anyways. oh, and i tried my old transmission (the one that grinds 2nd) and it has the same problem, so it isnt on the transmission side. i also put the friction plate on the new transmission and it slid on (with a little bit of pressure initially, but it fits like it should)

so my question:

1. why wont my trans line up?
2. how can i get it to line up?

i need help asap. thanks
-kevin
Back to top Go down
Nachtmensch
whatever
whatever
Nachtmensch

PostSubject: Re: trans wont fit! need help!   trans wont fit! need help! Icon_minitimeJanuary 13th 2007, 12:26 pm

BFH prevails! lol!
Back to top Go down
Specter
WALLA WALLA WASHINGTON!!!!!!!!
WALLA WALLA WASHINGTON!!!!!!!!
Specter

Number of posts : 2505
Vehicle : '89 Piggy Coupe

PostSubject: Re: trans wont fit! need help!   trans wont fit! need help! Icon_minitimeJanuary 13th 2007, 12:32 pm

big fucking hammer?

the one consern that i had was that the input shaft went "balls deep" into the new clutch... was not sure if that was lined up right.

w/e as long as it works Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Nachtmensch
whatever
whatever
Nachtmensch

PostSubject: Re: trans wont fit! need help!   trans wont fit! need help! Icon_minitimeJanuary 13th 2007, 1:03 pm

yup, and time to buy some bolts so the bottom side actually bolts up Sad
Back to top Go down
D*S Dstar
D*S Dstar

Number of posts : 11254
Vehicle : RED SHARK V1-5, MOBY DICK.

PostSubject: Re: trans wont fit! need help!   trans wont fit! need help! Icon_minitimeJune 18th 2010, 7:01 pm

BRO.

UPDATES?

P.s.

I dunno.
Back to top Go down
https://chicagoarea240sx.editboard.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: trans wont fit! need help!   trans wont fit! need help! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

trans wont fit! need help!
Page 1 of 1