Chicago Area 240sx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chicago Area 240sx

Since 2006.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Skater Steves s13. Just picked it up.

Go down 
+10
koh_ki240
hs13kls
Nachtmensch
Adrian_S13
Jay
rcl1221
Xmax
D*S Roski
D*S Dstar
Scuba Steve
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
D*S Dstar
D*S Dstar

Number of posts : 11254
Vehicle : RED SHARK V1-5, MOBY DICK.

Skater Steves s13. Just picked it up. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skater Steves s13. Just picked it up.   Skater Steves s13. Just picked it up. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeApril 1st 2008, 6:51 am

Yeah, most real drift cars run aftermarket Tension rods, tie rods, rucas, toe rods, traction arms...but not aftermarket Lca's and roll center adjustment kits and shit like that.
Not really necessary for the average or even pro drifter.
Drift cars arent usually THAT dialed in.
Back to top Go down
https://chicagoarea240sx.editboard.com
Jay
Newb friendly
Newb friendly
Jay

Number of posts : 1432
Vehicle : S13 Garage Slut & S14 Daily Whore

PostSubject: Re: Skater Steves s13. Just picked it up.   Skater Steves s13. Just picked it up. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeApril 1st 2008, 10:03 am

shit is using washers!!!! No bueno!
Also the double adjustable shit might loosen on one side, hell it may even get disconnected from the rod end. Not to mention introducing second point of failure. Also wonder if the treads are opposite or same, as with one you won't be able to adjust the arms without taking one off the spindle, which is going to SUCK!
Hard to say without actually having it in my hand or speaking with someone who knows anything about them.

FYI there are 3dolla rod ends and there are 35dolla rod ends. Circle track boys know that shit needs to be replaced twice a season. I wonder if they just have a straight toe arm or do they have a bend in it to accommodate the dropped Schassis (see SPL v2 toe arms)

Wait, did he WELD the bolts to the bracket???

Ahh, fuck it, I don't care. Run them if you want. But just out of curiosity how much are you paying for them (tension rod/ruca/whatever)?
Back to top Go down
Dirty Dee
Post Whore
Post Whore
Dirty Dee

Number of posts : 3781
Vehicle : 2012 WRX

PostSubject: Re: Skater Steves s13. Just picked it up.   Skater Steves s13. Just picked it up. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeApril 1st 2008, 11:38 am

Jay wrote:
shit is using washers!!!! No bueno!
Also the double adjustable shit might loosen on one side, hell it may even get disconnected from the rod end. Not to mention introducing second point of failure. Also wonder if the treads are opposite or same, as with one you won't be able to adjust the arms without taking one off the spindle, which is going to SUCK!
Hard to say without actually having it in my hand or speaking with someone who knows anything about them.

the double adjustable ones have opposite threading so that when both ends are stationary, you twist the center portion one direction to lengthen it, and then ose the locking nuts to secure it in place.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Newb friendly
Newb friendly
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Skater Steves s13. Just picked it up.   Skater Steves s13. Just picked it up. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeApril 1st 2008, 12:11 pm

yeah, i noticed that it might be (all arms are that way) thats why I asked if the bolt was welded to the bracket. But why use washers?
Back to top Go down
Dirty Dee
Post Whore
Post Whore
Dirty Dee

PostSubject: Re: Skater Steves s13. Just picked it up.   Skater Steves s13. Just picked it up. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeApril 1st 2008, 1:36 pm

^^ no clue
Back to top Go down
Scuba Steve
Established Member
Established Member
Scuba Steve

Number of posts : 551
Vehicle : '93 S13 with all the Fanboy features!

PostSubject: Re: Skater Steves s13. Just picked it up.   Skater Steves s13. Just picked it up. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeApril 1st 2008, 10:36 pm

Not sure about prices. And I'm not sure that they are what I am going to run.

If I go with something else, what are some good brands of suspension parts out there? Cause I'm still not sure whats good, bad, or otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Dirty Dee
Post Whore
Post Whore
Dirty Dee

PostSubject: Re: Skater Steves s13. Just picked it up.   Skater Steves s13. Just picked it up. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeApril 1st 2008, 10:43 pm

spl and dmax are good from what i hear

Rated240R can get you a deal on the megan racing links. I'm running those right now. People on the internet keep saying that the links are bad and whatnot, but so far no problems for me.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Newb friendly
Newb friendly
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Skater Steves s13. Just picked it up.   Skater Steves s13. Just picked it up. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeApril 1st 2008, 11:03 pm

SPLParts (Kuah) and BattleVersion/OrangeTree (Alex put cheaper rod ends on the OT so that cheap 240 owners can still get good arms)

I've also heard good things about PeakPerformance (except tie rods)

Megan - I've blew through 2 sets of tie rod ends in short time. Decided that was enough not to run any other suspension parts, as they use same cheap rod ends.

In the end you get what you pay for.
Back to top Go down
Dirty Dee
Post Whore
Post Whore
Dirty Dee

PostSubject: Re: Skater Steves s13. Just picked it up.   Skater Steves s13. Just picked it up. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeApril 1st 2008, 11:24 pm

Jay wrote:

Megan - I've blew through 2 sets of tie rod ends in short time. Decided that was enough not to run any other suspension parts, as they use same cheap rod ends.

yea, the megan tie ends are horrible from what I've seen, but havent seen many bad stuff about the other parts besides 1 pic of a ruca not having a full weld on one side.
Back to top Go down
shiftin_sideways
Light Duty Poster
Light Duty Poster

Number of posts : 118

PostSubject: Re: Skater Steves s13. Just picked it up.   Skater Steves s13. Just picked it up. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeApril 8th 2008, 8:37 pm

peak performance has amazing suspension linkage. very beefy compared to stock. all their joints use aurora rod ends(top quality shizz).their inner tie rods are hardened metal so if you consider street drifting and hit a curb your tie rods will not bend, instead the seals in your rack and pinion will blow out, thus making it(rack and pinion)fubar.

you should also consider getting steering bushing and rack and pinion bushings from energy suspension or yanack for better steering response.

if you have never heard of yanack steering collars.http://www.rhdjapan.com/jdm/Yanack-Steering-Rack-Collar-Set-21060

and steering bushing.http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Touge-Factory-steering-bushing-240sx-C33-skyline-A31_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33627QQihZ012QQitemZ220221779715QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Last edited by shiftin_sideways on April 8th 2008, 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dirty Dee
Post Whore
Post Whore
Dirty Dee

PostSubject: Re: Skater Steves s13. Just picked it up.   Skater Steves s13. Just picked it up. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeApril 8th 2008, 8:39 pm

^^

definitely get the ES master bushing kit. That was my first upgrade when i got my car. Its a bitch to do, but its good to do
Back to top Go down
Scuba Steve
Established Member
Established Member
Scuba Steve

Number of posts : 551
Vehicle : '93 S13 with all the Fanboy features!

PostSubject: Re: Skater Steves s13. Just picked it up.   Skater Steves s13. Just picked it up. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeApril 8th 2008, 11:05 pm

Would it be so hard if the engine was out?
Back to top Go down
Dirty Dee
Post Whore
Post Whore
Dirty Dee

PostSubject: Re: Skater Steves s13. Just picked it up.   Skater Steves s13. Just picked it up. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeApril 8th 2008, 11:20 pm

It will save you a good amount of time getting the steering rack bushing in if the engines out. But for the most part, engine in or out wouldnt make a difference since you are replacing the bushings on the control arms, spindles, and rear subframe.

oh, while your engines out, change the steering bushing for a solid aluminum one
http://www.frsport.com/FRS-Aluminum-Steering-Bushing-1989-1994-Nissan-240SX_p_2265.html
Back to top Go down
Nachtmensch
whatever
whatever
Nachtmensch

Number of posts : 11764
Vehicle : MRS, IS350

PostSubject: Re: Skater Steves s13. Just picked it up.   Skater Steves s13. Just picked it up. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeApril 9th 2008, 10:32 am

subframe and arms should be easy because he has a non-hicas subframe out of the car. and the arms he has to swap over anyway. should be fairly simple with the work that has to be done anyway.
Back to top Go down
Dirty Dee
Post Whore
Post Whore
Dirty Dee

PostSubject: Re: Skater Steves s13. Just picked it up.   Skater Steves s13. Just picked it up. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeApril 9th 2008, 11:01 am

^ i forgot he has a subframe out of the car. That will be really easy then
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skater Steves s13. Just picked it up.   Skater Steves s13. Just picked it up. - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Skater Steves s13. Just picked it up.
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3