Chicago Area 240sx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chicago Area 240sx

Since 2006.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Skater Steves s13. Just picked it up.

Go down 
+10
koh_ki240
hs13kls
Nachtmensch
Adrian_S13
Jay
rcl1221
Xmax
D*S Roski
D*S Dstar
Scuba Steve
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Nachtmensch
whatever
whatever
Nachtmensch

Number of posts : 11764
Vehicle : MRS, IS350

Skater Steves s13. Just picked it up. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skater Steves s13. Just picked it up.   Skater Steves s13. Just picked it up. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 31st 2008, 3:23 am

i want neon and strobes.

but im a ricer at heart. eh
Back to top Go down
D*S Roski
DS! DS! DS!
DS! DS! DS!
D*S Roski

Number of posts : 3911
Vehicle : g35

PostSubject: Re: Skater Steves s13. Just picked it up.   Skater Steves s13. Just picked it up. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 31st 2008, 3:31 am

World Famous D*star wrote:
never did shit but springs,exhaust and some sportmaxes

shut up fag. .
thats MY old car!

thumb down
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/roskiller
D*S Dstar
D*S Dstar

Number of posts : 11254
Vehicle : RED SHARK V1-5, MOBY DICK.

PostSubject: Re: Skater Steves s13. Just picked it up.   Skater Steves s13. Just picked it up. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 31st 2008, 3:35 am

NO NO NO NO NO NO.
Didnt say there was anything WRONG with that.
Thats EVERYONE in the beggining, and thats cool.
I SAID people make wishlists like that and never go PAST the springs,exhaust,sportmax stage. Then they just get out of it and think they did something. When they didnt.
Back to top Go down
https://chicagoarea240sx.editboard.com
D*S Roski
DS! DS! DS!
DS! DS! DS!
D*S Roski

Number of posts : 3911
Vehicle : g35

PostSubject: Re: Skater Steves s13. Just picked it up.   Skater Steves s13. Just picked it up. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 31st 2008, 3:41 am

yea. . i wasnt really offended. .

my shit was weaksauce. . .
hahaha
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/roskiller
Scuba Steve
Established Member
Established Member
Scuba Steve

Number of posts : 551
Vehicle : '93 S13 with all the Fanboy features!

PostSubject: Re: Skater Steves s13. Just picked it up.   Skater Steves s13. Just picked it up. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 31st 2008, 4:32 am

NO NO NO NO NO NO.
Didnt say there was anything WRONG with that.
Thats EVERYONE in the beggining, and thats cool.
I SAID people make wishlists like that and never go PAST the springs,exhaust,sportmax stage. Then they just get out of it and think they did something. When they didnt.

Definitely not me man. When I was 15 and I had just gotten my mustang, I started making extensive "wish lists". Because thats what everyone starts out with. But now, when I pull out these old lists of expensive parts that everyone thought I would never get, I can go through and check off about 85% of them. Nevertheless, I Have a few things to go, but everything comes in time. Plus, I have put the mustang aside for now. Otherwise, I would be using the money from the corolla to buy the other 15% of my mustang wish list and more.

Just wait and see. Give me a few months. I'll have most of that stuff in my post. SR, Coils, Better wheels, and more. I personally cant wait to get to one of those photoshoots.
Back to top Go down
Scuba Steve
Established Member
Established Member
Scuba Steve

PostSubject: Re: Skater Steves s13. Just picked it up.   Skater Steves s13. Just picked it up. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 31st 2008, 4:34 am

What the fuck is a tastefully installed neon?
How the fuck do you tastefully install a tube of fucking douchebag bright light?
Thats like saying your gonna have tasteful gay sex.

LOL!! rofl
I dont know yet. Plus I might just go with led's. If I like it, I like it. If not, I will rip the shit out.
Back to top Go down
Nachtmensch
whatever
whatever
Nachtmensch

Number of posts : 11764
Vehicle : MRS, IS350

PostSubject: Re: Skater Steves s13. Just picked it up.   Skater Steves s13. Just picked it up. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 31st 2008, 4:48 am

oh, and LED/Neon should be the LAST thing on your car.

your car will be forever gay if you do it before susp., motor, aero, wheels, interior, etc...
Back to top Go down
D*S Dstar
D*S Dstar

PostSubject: Re: Skater Steves s13. Just picked it up.   Skater Steves s13. Just picked it up. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 31st 2008, 4:51 am

Join Zilvia if you havent already, then browse throught the build threads and stuff on Ziptied.
You cant join Ziptied, you can only read certain sections that members have posted. Just read the Body shop forum and look at all the build threads.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Newb friendly
Newb friendly
Jay

Number of posts : 1432
Vehicle : S13 Garage Slut & S14 Daily Whore

PostSubject: Re: Skater Steves s13. Just picked it up.   Skater Steves s13. Just picked it up. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 31st 2008, 11:11 am

Kasu makes racing links??
or do they just resell the ebay shit?

Bah, anyway. Do suspension, drive car, than upgrade if you don't have $$$ to drop it all at once.

Mishimoto - thats the guy that opens your door at the whore house down in chinatown, right? I didn't know that he had a radiator business on the side. Guys seem legit.

I say 2k in misc shit and thats on the low side
if you say you're going with the 287156822986r turbo thats what, around 1K depending on where you shop a little more.
add taka lines - $150 -$20 if you cheap out and go with CS
add restrictor - $15
add new exhaust gaskets - 50-80
turbo elbow - $100 (dunno, didn't look recently for prices)
downpipe - $100 (same as above)
head gasket - $200 apexi if you want to do it once, or $100 for cometic if you want to be doing it on regular basis
injectors - $400-500
tune - 200 for SAFC if you're a ricer or $500 for enthlapy cookie cutter mail tune
but than you still need
water pump
oil pump
etc
etc.

2K aint shit, I think I got something close to that in my SR head alone.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Newb friendly
Newb friendly
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Skater Steves s13. Just picked it up.   Skater Steves s13. Just picked it up. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 31st 2008, 11:20 am

You cant join Ziptied
Damn man, Don't discourage the guy from applying to Ziptied.
You know you want to see that app thread LMAO
Back to top Go down
Nackers
Post Enthusiast
Post Enthusiast
Nackers

Number of posts : 1609
Vehicle : 03 350z and 89 Hatch

PostSubject: Re: Skater Steves s13. Just picked it up.   Skater Steves s13. Just picked it up. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 31st 2008, 12:22 pm

Wait, you have to apply to join ziptied.

Thats not a half bad idea.
Back to top Go down
http://nackersdrift.com
Scuba Steve
Established Member
Established Member
Scuba Steve

PostSubject: Re: Skater Steves s13. Just picked it up.   Skater Steves s13. Just picked it up. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 31st 2008, 12:47 pm

OK maybe neon/led was a little extreme. I'm gonna go for this kinda look instead:

Skater Steves s13. Just picked it up. - Page 2 Interior

LOL!!!!

Anyway, dont freak out. I dont think I really meant neon/led. More of a variety of colors emitted by various things such as guages, cd player, and safcII or something. And I REALLY hope you guys didn't think I meant undercar neon. But all that shit comes much later anyway. I was asked for plans!! I was just thinking a little far ahead. Dont bite my head off for it.

Yes Kasu makes racing links. He had all the stuff machined. The stuff would probably hold back a freight train. Especially his tension rods. Also, they custom make these pillow ball end front control arms. Reinforced of course! Not sure on prices.

What is an enthlapy mail order tune?
Back to top Go down
rcl1221
Established Member
Established Member
rcl1221

Number of posts : 637
Vehicle : RMS13, GH6, ZX636-C1

PostSubject: Re: Skater Steves s13. Just picked it up.   Skater Steves s13. Just picked it up. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 31st 2008, 2:03 pm

sk_8ersteve wrote:

Anyway, dont freak out. I dont think I really meant neon/led. More of a variety of colors emitted by various things such as guages, cd player, and safcII or something. And I REALLY hope you guys didn't think I meant undercar neon. But all that shit comes much later anyway.

nice save? kekegay

no, you do want neon... admit it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.richiesrandoms.wordpress.com
Jay
Newb friendly
Newb friendly
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Skater Steves s13. Just picked it up.   Skater Steves s13. Just picked it up. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 31st 2008, 2:47 pm

sk_8ersteve wrote:

Yes Kasu makes racing links. He had all the stuff machined. The stuff would probably hold back a freight train. Especially his tension rods. Also, they custom make these pillow ball end front control arms. Reinforced of course! Not sure on prices.

What is an enthlapy mail order tune?

mail order tune, better than piggyback, but not as good as standalone.

But yeah, I don't know that Kasu made anything. Don't hang out there and I don't think they got a page. do they? post a link.

"custom make pillow ball end front control arms" - LCAs (im assuming), too bad noone needs those.

As for neons, I won't even give you hard time. You just don't know any better
Back to top Go down
altavelocidad
Forum Frequenter
Forum Frequenter
altavelocidad

Number of posts : 355
Vehicle : 1991 240sx fastback sr20det part 2

PostSubject: Re: Skater Steves s13. Just picked it up.   Skater Steves s13. Just picked it up. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 31st 2008, 5:45 pm

Strobes look great when your pulling up behind paisas on 26th street. lol ...Dont mind me I just like seeing them all pull to the side for a 240.
Back to top Go down
D*S Dstar
D*S Dstar

PostSubject: Re: Skater Steves s13. Just picked it up.   Skater Steves s13. Just picked it up. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 31st 2008, 6:32 pm

Mail order tune is just what it sounds like.
You send your stock ecu to Enthalpy and you give them/him your exact setup and they/he rom tunes it to your setup.

You cant change it but they give you some leeway for future changes or upgrades.
Back to top Go down
Scuba Steve
Established Member
Established Member
Scuba Steve

PostSubject: Re: Skater Steves s13. Just picked it up.   Skater Steves s13. Just picked it up. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 31st 2008, 9:15 pm

Would it be better just to have it dyno tuned at a nearby shop? Or is that done after the ROM tune?

Why don't people need the control arms? They give a whole bunch of caster movement.

Here is the links they make:

Skater Steves s13. Just picked it up. - Page 2 KASUlinks1
Skater Steves s13. Just picked it up. - Page 2 KASUlinks2
Back to top Go down
Dirty Dee
Post Whore
Post Whore
Dirty Dee

Number of posts : 3781
Vehicle : 2012 WRX

PostSubject: Re: Skater Steves s13. Just picked it up.   Skater Steves s13. Just picked it up. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 31st 2008, 9:46 pm

sk_8ersteve wrote:
Why don't people need the control arms? They give a whole bunch of caster movement.

he was talking about LCA's, not control arms in general scuba steve
Back to top Go down
Scuba Steve
Established Member
Established Member
Scuba Steve

PostSubject: Re: Skater Steves s13. Just picked it up.   Skater Steves s13. Just picked it up. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 31st 2008, 10:13 pm

LCA= lower control arm... right? I don't understand what he meant by no one needs them.
Back to top Go down
Dirty Dee
Post Whore
Post Whore
Dirty Dee

PostSubject: Re: Skater Steves s13. Just picked it up.   Skater Steves s13. Just picked it up. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 31st 2008, 10:18 pm

unless you are in professionally racing, you will not need LCA's

you can still get RUCA's, tension rods, tie rods, toe arms
Back to top Go down
Scuba Steve
Established Member
Established Member
Scuba Steve

PostSubject: Re: Skater Steves s13. Just picked it up.   Skater Steves s13. Just picked it up. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 31st 2008, 10:57 pm

I see that even Jay beefed his up a bit though. Couldn't hurt to do that.
Back to top Go down
Dirty Dee
Post Whore
Post Whore
Dirty Dee

PostSubject: Re: Skater Steves s13. Just picked it up.   Skater Steves s13. Just picked it up. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 31st 2008, 11:11 pm

yea, he welded a gusset to the bottom to make it stiffer. But, its not an aftermarket, fully adjustable one that i am saying is kinda a waste of money unless you know what the fuck your doing
Back to top Go down
Scuba Steve
Established Member
Established Member
Scuba Steve

PostSubject: Re: Skater Steves s13. Just picked it up.   Skater Steves s13. Just picked it up. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 31st 2008, 11:15 pm

Oh. Well the ones that Kasu makes are stock ones to start with. They have gussets welded to the bottom like Jays but they also have this baller pillow ball joint welded into the ends that link into the subframe. And they have a better ball joint. I will get pics of one tomorrow when I go down there.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Newb friendly
Newb friendly
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Skater Steves s13. Just picked it up.   Skater Steves s13. Just picked it up. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 31st 2008, 11:56 pm

Yeah, BV kit. Shit is pointless. Unless you can tell me offhand what you want to set your ackerman angle set to and why.

I stiffened it because like D* says, "when you do dirt drops, everything is load bearing link"

And no offense to Kasu, but that shit looks fucked up. when you have adjustable shit on both sides - bad mojo. There are reason why everyone else didn't do it that way and actually took time to weld the ends on (not the part with rod end). But hey, your life, just dont drive nowhere near me with that shit.
Ask him what rod ends he's using - name the brand. He should be able to tell you even the PN, as you might need replacement down the road.
Back to top Go down
Scuba Steve
Established Member
Established Member
Scuba Steve

PostSubject: Re: Skater Steves s13. Just picked it up.   Skater Steves s13. Just picked it up. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 1st 2008, 2:33 am

I'm almost positive that the rod ends are from a local place called Lefthander Chassis. They stock shit mainly for circle track cars but the stuff has multiple uses. And I KNOW they don't carry bullshit parts. The ends are good ones.

The pics don't look all that great, but, in person, they look bulletproof. And I don't know much about the adjustability of both sides not being good. I always though double adjustable was really good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skater Steves s13. Just picked it up.   Skater Steves s13. Just picked it up. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Skater Steves s13. Just picked it up.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next