Chicago Area 240sx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chicago Area 240sx

Since 2006.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

At my wits end. ka24de

Go down 
+3
mrkan
DJ Longdick
ModeloJones
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ModeloJones
Fucking Noob
Fucking Noob
ModeloJones

Number of posts : 31

At my wits end. ka24de Empty
PostSubject: At my wits end. ka24de   At my wits end. ka24de Icon_minitimeMay 21st 2015, 6:44 pm

thought this would be a better place for my issues than my intro thread. Sorry for the literal paragraph, I can get pictures if needed, so here's the story;

I hit a unavoidable pot hole 3 weeks ago driving, as I continue to drive home, about 4 miles later my car started to overheat, pulled over to inspect for a leak but found nothing, started up the car again and it ran fine all the way home (approx 7 miles). two days later i take the car to go get a wash and the car starts to overheat again. I replaced the thermostat and nothing changed, i found a loose wire on the 2-wire prong for my coolant  temp sensor, so I got another and put it in (the connections are good), seems fine for about 30min. at temp so i drive around the block, voila, same shit. so now I go out of my way to really bleed the shit out of the system the proper way (my blower motor for the interior does not work so idk about the heater core), finished. The car seems good, makes it about 8 miles before it starts climbing in temps, so as i'm sitting waiting for the cool down, I get the notion to run with the radiator cap 1/2 on and... the car doesn't over heat. So now I order a koyorad set-up with that over priced water wetter bullshit.

Problem 2:  As i'm driving like this for a bit, I decide to make a trip up to TF, the car dies at a stop light, will turn over but wont run, after 30+ tries it starts up and runs rough then eventually mellows out, this happens 2 more times before I get home. couple day pass and its fine. now (today) it doesn't start.

Problem 3: car idles at 2300rpm and refuses to drop, when rolling to a stop it climbs to 2300 and chills there. iavc and all that shit is adjusted to the fullest i've played with the egr block off and the vacuum hose under neath the intake, the throttle pulley stopper pin, and not much else
Back to top Go down
DJ Longdick
DS! DS! DS!
DS! DS! DS!
DJ Longdick

Number of posts : 4358
Vehicle : D*Squad 86

PostSubject: Re: At my wits end. ka24de   At my wits end. ka24de Icon_minitimeMay 24th 2015, 8:23 pm

i dont really have anything to contribute to this thread, except to tell you that this site actually isnt the best place to ask technical questions about diagnosing issues. We're all car retarded, we just know how to make shit look cool.
Back to top Go down
ModeloJones
Fucking Noob
Fucking Noob
ModeloJones

PostSubject: Re: At my wits end. ka24de   At my wits end. ka24de Icon_minitimeMay 24th 2015, 8:43 pm

Oh ok. I just figured that most of you guys have ka knowledge out of the wazoo but I'll just deal with my shit. Thanks for the heads up
Back to top Go down
mrkan
Established Member
Established Member
mrkan

Number of posts : 709
Vehicle : Dirty E30, Decent E39, Gay S13 Coupe

PostSubject: Re: At my wits end. ka24de   At my wits end. ka24de Icon_minitimeMay 26th 2015, 11:58 am

Yeah not the best forum for technical stuff.
But have you checked the TPS sensor and your timing? Also vacuum lines and loose connections?
Try to replicate the problem so you can narrow down the symptoms and troubleshoot accordingly.
Most of the time it's the simplest and most overlooked thing that's causing the issue.

I had a high idle problem last month and it turned out to be the TPS and my timing. Apparently the distributor was not bolted on all the way and came loose and in turn rotated the dist. enough to jack up the timing causing it to die and run really rough. Plus the bad TPS made the problem worse.
Back to top Go down
D*S Dstar
D*S Dstar

Number of posts : 11254
Vehicle : RED SHARK V1-5, MOBY DICK.

PostSubject: Re: At my wits end. ka24de   At my wits end. ka24de Icon_minitimeMay 26th 2015, 1:10 pm

Fuck what ryan was being sarcastic about. There is more general car/flat out race car knowledge on this forum than almost any other beside Ziptied. We're just lazy as shit and over the excitement hill. Anyway, good luck with your ka, i went through all the same overheating issues with my first ka like 10 years ago.

Turned out to be my coolant temp sensor. Shit was overheating at weird times and not turning over after a hot drive until it cooled way down. I put an aftermarket temp gauge in the car after that and realized that a lot of the time, the stock gauge was just wigging out. Stock cluster temp gauge is like a 3 position sensor, cold as fuck, running temp, blew your headgasket two minutes ago.
Back to top Go down
https://chicagoarea240sx.editboard.com
ModeloJones
Fucking Noob
Fucking Noob
ModeloJones

PostSubject: Re: At my wits end. ka24de   At my wits end. ka24de Icon_minitimeMay 26th 2015, 1:17 pm

I'm waiting on a New ignition coil to come in since I cannot start it now to install and bleed the new coolant system. Once that's said and done we'll see where I'm at. I've replace both temp sensors the 3-wire and 1-wire, those SEEM to work good, I'm banking my hopes on the new setup to rid me of my problems. Anyone have an extra blower motor by chance? Haha
Back to top Go down
D*S Dave
DS! DS! DS!
DS! DS! DS!
D*S Dave

Number of posts : 3128
Vehicle : Nostromo

PostSubject: Re: At my wits end. ka24de   At my wits end. ka24de Icon_minitimeMay 26th 2015, 2:02 pm

D*S Dstar wrote:
Stock cluster temp gauge is like a 3 position sensor, cold as fuck, running temp, blew your headgasket two minutes ago.

Lulz

Yea dude, alternate water temp. meter is ideal for any type of accuracy in measuring engine vitals. Also recommend a surge tank for constant air bleeding. Best shit I've ever done to my car. Looks cool and takes care of bleeding coolant for impatient goofs like me.

As far as shutting off.. Check for any loose/corroded grounds or unplugged shit you might have knocked loose.

High idle? I know you said you checked vacuum shit. Double time that shit real quick to be sure. If you're a faggot, bust out that yung vape and smoke out any potential leaks. If not, deff check out tps/iavc or like chakakan said, fuck with the dizzy/re-time it.

Dunno if you are on fb but that one s-chassis page had a whole blower assembly shit for sale recently.

Good luck. Fucking sucks tackling gremlins like this on these fucking shitboxs.
Back to top Go down
ModeloJones
Fucking Noob
Fucking Noob
ModeloJones

PostSubject: Re: At my wits end. ka24de   At my wits end. ka24de Icon_minitimeMay 26th 2015, 2:23 pm

I shall report back guys, thank you for your help
Back to top Go down
Nachtmensch
whatever
whatever
Nachtmensch

Number of posts : 11764
Vehicle : MRS, IS350

PostSubject: Re: At my wits end. ka24de   At my wits end. ka24de Icon_minitimeMay 26th 2015, 11:20 pm

D*S Dstar wrote:
Fuck what ryan was being sarcastic about. There is more general car/flat out race car knowledge on this forum than almost any other beside Ziptied. We're just lazy as shit and over the excitement hill.
I wouldn't put us that high up there, but pretty much this.

No offense to you dude, but I simply don't have much time in my day to help troubleshoot car problems over the internet these days.
Back to top Go down
Teo
Forum Frequenter
Forum Frequenter
Teo

Number of posts : 433
Vehicle : Nissan Stanza

PostSubject: Re: At my wits end. ka24de   At my wits end. ka24de Icon_minitimeMay 29th 2015, 9:15 am

It's probably the carburetor.
Back to top Go down
ModeloJones
Fucking Noob
Fucking Noob
ModeloJones

PostSubject: Re: At my wits end. ka24de   At my wits end. ka24de Icon_minitimeMay 29th 2015, 9:17 am

Most definitely
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: At my wits end. ka24de   At my wits end. ka24de Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

At my wits end. ka24de
Page 1 of 1