Chicago Area 240sx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chicago Area 240sx

Since 2006.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

clutch trouble help

Go down 
+5
tyler
whiteazn1184
Nackers
A-Town-SR
toky042
9 posters
AuthorMessage
toky042
Light Duty Poster
Light Duty Poster

Number of posts : 163
Vehicle : 92 hatch/89 coupe

clutch trouble help Empty
PostSubject: clutch trouble help   clutch trouble help Icon_minitimeMarch 18th 2007, 10:25 pm

hey, i just had a bad experience with my car tonight and had to push it on a side street to park it, i know some of you guys live by 55th & pulaski. This neighborhood aint that great by the way and i really want it out of there. It sorta by midway airport and curie high school, im looking for anyone that can come out there and help me with my clutch problems. Its either the slave cylinder or the clutch is dead, just want to make sure before i actually do something about it. If anyone is around that neighborhood or area to check out what the problem is, thanks
Back to top Go down
A-Town-SR
Post Enthusiast
Post Enthusiast
A-Town-SR

Number of posts : 1423
Vehicle : SR 240sx (hatch)

PostSubject: Re: clutch trouble help   clutch trouble help Icon_minitimeMarch 18th 2007, 10:37 pm

from what he has told me the clutch pedal is useless and the clutch will not engage any gear he can shift without it but the car still acts as if in neutral so basically he has no clutch im guessing its the slave cylinder especially since u claimed the clutch was fine before it took the dive
Back to top Go down
Nackers
Post Enthusiast
Post Enthusiast
Nackers

Number of posts : 1609
Vehicle : 03 350z and 89 Hatch

PostSubject: Re: clutch trouble help   clutch trouble help Icon_minitimeMarch 18th 2007, 10:38 pm

Question:

Does your clutch pedal go all the way to the floor, but won't come back up?

If yes, it should be the slave cylinder. 25 bucks from Advanced and a couple things of clutch fluid (brake fluid works). Take the line off (I don't remember the size, but an adjustable wrench should do it) then remove the 2 14mm bolts. 8 or 10mm for the bleeder and get a buddy out to help you bleed the system and you should be on your way.
Back to top Go down
http://nackersdrift.com
toky042
Light Duty Poster
Light Duty Poster

PostSubject: Re: clutch trouble help   clutch trouble help Icon_minitimeMarch 18th 2007, 10:43 pm

the clutch pedal is fine, it goes in n out but doesnt do anything, basically nuetral in all gears.
Back to top Go down
A-Town-SR
Post Enthusiast
Post Enthusiast
A-Town-SR

Number of posts : 1423
Vehicle : SR 240sx (hatch)

PostSubject: Re: clutch trouble help   clutch trouble help Icon_minitimeMarch 18th 2007, 10:51 pm

well im confused now if it was the slave cylinder wouldnt no fluid be getting to the pedal therefore the pedal should not comeback from the floor sounds like theres something else wrong your actual shifter is pinned in right? Because the only time something like this has happened to me it was because the shifter came out of the tranny thus I couldnt shift gears but im sure you wouldve noticed that so i dunno
Back to top Go down
whiteazn1184
Established Member
Established Member
whiteazn1184

Number of posts : 582
Vehicle : 02 Subaru Wagon

PostSubject: Re: clutch trouble help   clutch trouble help Icon_minitimeMarch 18th 2007, 10:54 pm

sounds like ur clutch is gone...
Back to top Go down
toky042
Light Duty Poster
Light Duty Poster

PostSubject: Re: clutch trouble help   clutch trouble help Icon_minitimeMarch 18th 2007, 11:00 pm

i been hearing 2 different things, thats why i was asking if any of chiarea is located around here can tell me, i know dstar is around that neighborhood
Back to top Go down
whiteazn1184
Established Member
Established Member
whiteazn1184

Number of posts : 582
Vehicle : 02 Subaru Wagon

PostSubject: Re: clutch trouble help   clutch trouble help Icon_minitimeMarch 18th 2007, 11:02 pm

u have to tow that car sumwer... cuz i dont think u willl be able to fix that problem right there on the street
Back to top Go down
toky042
Light Duty Poster
Light Duty Poster

PostSubject: Re: clutch trouble help   clutch trouble help Icon_minitimeMarch 18th 2007, 11:12 pm

yea i know, i cant do it at my house cuz i aint got no garage and it was late so i didnt feel like looking for a tow truck. One good thing i could think out this situation no one can steal it cuz it doesnt wanna go into gear even if its in a bad neighborhood unless they push it.
Back to top Go down
tyler
Post Whore
Post Whore

Number of posts : 2227
Vehicle : s14

PostSubject: Re: clutch trouble help   clutch trouble help Icon_minitimeMarch 18th 2007, 11:27 pm

it could be a number of things. hard to tell without seeing the car. what where you doing right before the trouble? racing? messing around in parking lot? reason i ask is because the same thing happend to me. driving around fine all day.... later at night friends wanted to go mess around in a parking lot. we did. all of a sudden pedal pressure was really soft, but it would still come back up. would not go into any gear. blew the clutch. clutch did not show any signs of slippage/wearing out....... caught me by surprise.

Last edited by on March 18th 2007, 11:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nachtmensch
whatever
whatever
Nachtmensch

Number of posts : 11764
Vehicle : MRS, IS350

PostSubject: Re: clutch trouble help   clutch trouble help Icon_minitimeMarch 18th 2007, 11:28 pm

deffinately sounds like the clutch took a shit. if the pedal doesnt go to the floor then it isnt the slave or master cyl, or even any of the lines. seeing as it goes back up, the clutch fork isnt off the ball, and the ball/pivot didnt break. since the clutch has resistance, it isnt the TO bearing, which leaves one of two things. the trans and the clutch.

ive had both go out on me.

when my trans went out, i was driving southbound on I94 comming back from DD11. i was in 4th gear (accellerating after a camaro haha) and my car suddenly sounded like i was in neutral. i pulled it out of 4th and it wouldnt go into 4th or 3rd (two gears that are on the same shaft) so i put it in 5th. went to accellerate and the car only revved. so i pulled over and had it towed home.

i initially thought it was the clutch not catching the trans input shaft, but it turned out to be the trans itself. (knowing that it wouldnt go in 3rd or 4th also suggested this.)

as far as my clutch going out, it went out because the clutch springs blew out of the friction disc. the clutch grabbed, but wouldnt disengauge. i would have to start my car in a gear if i wanted to drive in that gear.

you may have a completely different clutch problem (worn out friction disc?) or you may have a bad transmission. if i had to bet, i would bet clutch.

before odering one, pull the trans and inspect your clutch. check for signs of significant wear and anything that generally looks wrong with it. if it looks ok, then it is probably your trans.

either way the trans has to be pulled, so you may as well tow it into a safer neighborhood.

i hope i helped a bit
Back to top Go down
toky042
Light Duty Poster
Light Duty Poster

PostSubject: Re: clutch trouble help   clutch trouble help Icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2007, 12:09 am

well, before the problem happened, my fckin friend was messin around with it trying to a burnout and i think thats what messed it up but ima have him pay it.
Back to top Go down
D*S Dstar
D*S Dstar

Number of posts : 11254
Vehicle : RED SHARK V1-5, MOBY DICK.

PostSubject: Re: clutch trouble help   clutch trouble help Icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2007, 1:06 am

YOur clutch is fried my friend.
Just gonna have to get your car towed or have a friend push it.
Just so you know...55th and Pulaski is RIGHT RIGHT RIGHT by all of the DSquad kids. Your like 1-6 blocks from all of us on any given day.
Back to top Go down
https://chicagoarea240sx.editboard.com
toky042
Light Duty Poster
Light Duty Poster

PostSubject: Re: clutch trouble help   clutch trouble help Icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2007, 10:47 am

yea i noticed i seen ur car n that gold s14 around there, i go to curie high school and chill over there most of the time
Back to top Go down
toky042
Light Duty Poster
Light Duty Poster

PostSubject: Re: clutch trouble help   clutch trouble help Icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2007, 10:50 am

tyler i think thats what happened with my clutch, it didnt show any sign of slippage either and the pedal did get really soft, so i guess i need a new clutch -_-
Back to top Go down
tyler
Post Whore
Post Whore

PostSubject: Re: clutch trouble help   clutch trouble help Icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2007, 12:14 pm

thechinamannN wrote:
tyler i think thats what happened with my clutch, it didnt show any sign of slippage either and the pedal did get really soft, so i guess i need a new clutch -_-

bro you have no idea.... it caught me by surprise. like i said same thing happend to me. it sucks. i replaced the slave, master, and installed a braided clutch line. i didnt expect it to be the clutch considering it had a little less than a year on it. just decided to blow one night. Shocked
Back to top Go down
BlackTopBomber
Fucking Noob
Fucking Noob
BlackTopBomber

Number of posts : 28

PostSubject: Re: clutch trouble help   clutch trouble help Icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2007, 9:05 pm

quite buying infierior parts. naaa j/k i had mine bite the big one on friday. it sucked, but i just heard the clutch grab real hard and then apparently shattered inside the bell housing. i guess one to many clutch kicks, and a lil to much power for it. it was great when we pulled the tranny cuz it was just chunks of clutch coming out and the smell of burnt clutch. sucked so bad, but i got a hook up on a new one.
Back to top Go down
toky042
Light Duty Poster
Light Duty Poster

PostSubject: Re: clutch trouble help   clutch trouble help Icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2007, 10:11 pm

yea, ima have a friend check it out this week and if its the clutch, ill probably be going with the exedy stage 1.
Back to top Go down
tyler
Post Whore
Post Whore

PostSubject: Re: clutch trouble help   clutch trouble help Icon_minitimeMarch 20th 2007, 12:46 pm

BlackTopBomber wrote:
quite buying infierior parts. naaa j/k i had mine bite the big one on friday. it sucked, but i just heard the clutch grab real hard and then apparently shattered inside the bell housing. i guess one to many clutch kicks, and a lil to much power for it. it was great when we pulled the tranny cuz it was just chunks of clutch coming out and the smell of burnt clutch. sucked so bad, but i got a hook up on a new one.

dont you love the chunks? same here lol! i was using a centerforce clutch. turns out the machine shop cut my flywheel wrong. i'm using a act clutch now. exedy is a good choice too.
Back to top Go down
toky042
Light Duty Poster
Light Duty Poster

PostSubject: Re: clutch trouble help   clutch trouble help Icon_minitimeMarch 20th 2007, 4:58 pm

right now im looking for someone to install it, if any takers from here, message me or email me, money involved of course
Back to top Go down
Rated240R
Official Chef
Official Chef
Rated240R

Number of posts : 666
Vehicle : 1991 Nissan 240sx

PostSubject: Re: clutch trouble help   clutch trouble help Icon_minitimeMarch 20th 2007, 5:43 pm

I gotcha faded
Back to top Go down
http://stores.ebay.com/Rated-R-Performance
tyler
Post Whore
Post Whore

PostSubject: Re: clutch trouble help   clutch trouble help Icon_minitimeMarch 21st 2007, 11:33 am

let us know how everything turns out......
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: clutch trouble help   clutch trouble help Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

clutch trouble help
Page 1 of 1