Chicago Area 240sx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chicago Area 240sx

Since 2006.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

really high idle

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
shiftin_sideways
Light Duty Poster
Light Duty Poster

Number of posts : 118

really  high  idle Empty
PostSubject: really high idle   really  high  idle Icon_minitimeJune 21st 2007, 9:02 pm

i have a 90 240 with a sohc ka. it idles at 2500rpm then drops to 2000 then raises to 2500,it repeatedly does this. the engine is completely stock. i removed the aiv, welded the hole where it connects to exhaust pipe, and plugged the vacuum tubes mounted on the intake manifold where aiv hoses connect to. some other things i did that should probably be put into consideration. i tore the motor down to the block to replace all the gaskets and seals because it was leaking oil. the gas in the tank is about a year old. upon startup the speedometer pegs itself. any help would be greatly appreciated
Back to top Go down
Stab Master Sharson
Straight outta Locash
Straight outta Locash
Stab Master Sharson

Number of posts : 4346

really  high  idle Empty
PostSubject: Re: really high idle   really  high  idle Icon_minitimeJune 21st 2007, 9:30 pm

i think u should expect somekind of gunk/buildup after a year withouth running it once in a while....
Back to top Go down
Specter
WALLA WALLA WASHINGTON!!!!!!!!
WALLA WALLA WASHINGTON!!!!!!!!
Specter

Number of posts : 2505
Vehicle : '89 Piggy Coupe

really  high  idle Empty
PostSubject: Re: really high idle   really  high  idle Icon_minitimeJune 22nd 2007, 10:12 am

intake side vacumm leak
Back to top Go down
shiftin_sideways
Light Duty Poster
Light Duty Poster

Number of posts : 118

really  high  idle Empty
PostSubject: Re: really high idle   really  high  idle Icon_minitimeJuly 16th 2007, 4:23 pm

found the vacuum leak and the tach stabilizes at 2500rpm. i adjusted the idle adjustment screw completely clockwise and rotated the tps sensor forward slightly to drop the rpms it was a success(1400 rpms), but i looked at the timing and it was way to advanced.i adjusted it to specs. yet it still idles high at 2500 rpm. even before the vacuum leak was fixed i adjusted the timing to specs. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks
Back to top Go down
Atown 240
Resident post whore
Resident post whore
Atown 240

Number of posts : 1394
Vehicle : '91

really  high  idle Empty
PostSubject: Re: really high idle   really  high  idle Icon_minitimeJuly 17th 2007, 2:01 pm

Vacuum leak.

Look around. I had the same problem except mine was at like 1500. I had a sliced vacuum line.

Also once, my alternator was very loose and it made me have about a 1500 RPM idle. The ecu was trying to make up for the low voltage coming in and was kicking up the idle
Back to top Go down
davidricardo86
Light Duty Poster
Light Duty Poster
davidricardo86

Number of posts : 160
Vehicle : 92 S13 SE Coupe

really  high  idle Empty
PostSubject: Re: really high idle   really  high  idle Icon_minitimeJuly 17th 2007, 9:22 pm

As previously mentioned, check for vacuum leaks. Air entering the intake manifold or elsewhere after the MAF sensor will cause a high idle. I'd also check the idle devices the sohc ka uses to maintain idle ala a Nissan FSM.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

really  high  idle Empty
PostSubject: Re: really high idle   really  high  idle Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

really high idle
Page 1 of 1