Ok well at this point of the build the car was stock KA, Bilstein front shock inserts, rear Bilstein rod end shocks, 94 Q45 front brakes, some carbotech brake pads, and 16x8 rota grids.
The car was driving pretty well a little rough in the front due to the shocks not being re-valved. Either way it was a blast and was very happy that it did not burn a drop of oil or leak any fluids. This by far is the strongest running KA I have ever had. Took the car to Tail of the dragon for a week, and drove it home with zero issues.
Then finally went to my first track day. It was at Blackhawk Farms Raceway hosted by HRP, and it was the best time Ive ever had in a car. After that came home with boiled blue brake fluid and some photos.
Here is some photos of that event and Tail from 2010-2011
Ok so I went to 2 more track days after that and got hooked, it was a blast. So winter came and decided to redo some things on the car.
Started with tear down and fix the little rust developing in fenders from pulling them and few other spots.
Broke a subframe stud so I cut a hole in the trunk, pounded it out, and ordered a stainless steel 20mm shoulder bolt. Spot welded it in and closed the hole. Didn't find much information on it forgot to take a picture, but 20mm shank diameter and 80mm bolt works great with a riser subframe bushings. With regular bushings you will need a longer one.
Decided to do some stitch welding to the front shock towers and make some fender braces.
Made new front shock housings with static -2 degrees of camber without camber plates, and slightly more room for a bigger tire inside later on.
Made solid differential bushings out of some 6061, and solid engine mounts out of UHMW plastic. Also have some new front shocks re-valved, changed my spring rates to 10k front 8k rear. Built some much nicer rear upper shock mounts.
Bought a OMP seat and 6pt harness for it so needed a harness bar and that escalated into building a half cage.
To mount the seat I wanted it a bit lower and thought $200 for rails is ridiculous. So I took a hammer to the floor welded in 1x1.5 rectangle stock. Bought some universal sliders and mounted the seat. In the end it was cheaper but kind of a pain if I were to do it again I would just cut the whole floor out and make a nice flat floor pan.
The rear toe rods had allot of flex in them every time I had to align the car.(circuit sport) So i decided to make some with quality bearings and much stronger materials. While I was at it built some traction rods as well.
This was just the first draft, the threaded end was changed on the final product. Haven t had time to redo it to the new one.
I have not had carpet in the car for a while so figured to Herculine it. Some people told me it will melt get dirty and be very hot in the car. So far the only thing that melts is my right heel on very hot track days, which is why I bought a heel guard and it works great.
Since I did a little bit of body work it needed paint was just going to match the original paint and touch it up. But... well that ended up into painting the car metallic Cadillac silver inside and out, except engine bay. If I did it would of ended up with engine work and what ever else i came up with so I just left it for next winter.
I also decided to try our 2003 altima rear rotors need a bit more rear brake bias.
Have a bunch of little things I am kind of working on when I have time. Just made an exhaust yesterday from some sort of aftermarket 2.5in Honda muffler and resonator. In the end it actually sounds very nice. At the track I just run downpipe now KA's love to breathe lol I will try to get a picture of it.
Will post finished pictures of the car soon need to get the photos of another computer.
This season so far Have done about 350 track miles and everything is much more solid. It would be cool to see more S chassis at the track. I would recommend it to anyone that likes driving, does not matter what car your in or anything. :-)