Chicago Area 240sx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chicago Area 240sx

Since 2006.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

WTF...........Tranny trouble.

Go down 
+9
Dirty Dee
D*S Trucky
Specter
Atown 240
A-Town-SR
Adikt
Stab Master Sharson
Nachtmensch
D*S Dstar
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Rated240R
Official Chef
Official Chef
Rated240R

Number of posts : 666
Vehicle : 1991 Nissan 240sx

WTF...........Tranny trouble. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTF...........Tranny trouble.   WTF...........Tranny trouble. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 29th 2007, 3:15 pm

Ok. Maybe I didnt read all but, did you happen to mention whether or not you checked the master or slave? From what your describing it sounds like it could be either one of those. Or, just an adjustment to the pushrod. I worked at a tranny shop for 4 yrs and saw this happen quite a few times. Although the manager would tell the customer that it was FUBAR and we ended up doin the full clutch job and tranny rebuild anyway!!
Back to top Go down
http://stores.ebay.com/Rated-R-Performance
Rated240R
Official Chef
Official Chef
Rated240R

Number of posts : 666
Vehicle : 1991 Nissan 240sx

PostSubject: Re: WTF...........Tranny trouble.   WTF...........Tranny trouble. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 29th 2007, 3:19 pm

Forgot to mention to also check the fluid level in the tranny! Now if those two things are in perfect workin order, then yes, it would have to be bad syncros.
Back to top Go down
http://stores.ebay.com/Rated-R-Performance
D*S Dstar
D*S Dstar

Number of posts : 11254
Vehicle : RED SHARK V1-5, MOBY DICK.

PostSubject: Re: WTF...........Tranny trouble.   WTF...........Tranny trouble. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 29th 2007, 5:31 pm

In case you all didnt catch it.
It never happened again.
I guess i just fucked up a shift or some shit.
Dunno.
JESUS.

Plus the fact that i have fresh redline gear oil in there, and New slave and master, so it cant be that.

Also........if i turned the car OFF, it would slot in the gears but not with it ON.
Back to top Go down
https://chicagoarea240sx.editboard.com
Nachtmensch
whatever
whatever
Nachtmensch

Number of posts : 11764
Vehicle : MRS, IS350

PostSubject: Re: WTF...........Tranny trouble.   WTF...........Tranny trouble. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 29th 2007, 10:07 pm

kinda sounds liek my old clutch.... that the torque springs blew out on. if you hear a rattling, its probably the case.

what clutch do you have? i had and OEM replacement, and it couldnt take clutch kicks worth shit. how bad do you abuse it?
Back to top Go down
tyler
Post Whore
Post Whore

Number of posts : 2227
Vehicle : s14

PostSubject: Re: WTF...........Tranny trouble.   WTF...........Tranny trouble. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFebruary 2nd 2007, 9:02 pm

the same exact thing happened to me. one night we went out to a factory that a buddy of mine use to work at. anyway after a full night of "messing" around, i fried the hell out of my clutch affraid . burnt to a crisp. at the time i didnt know it was the clutch, due to the fact i had put a brand new centerforce clutch in 2 months prior. so i changed the clutch master and slave cylinder. i even went ahead and swapped out the clutch line with a stainless steel one. nothing. when i took the tranny off i saw that the clutch was done. i found out that when i changed it the machine shop cut my flywheel wrong. so your clutch/flywheel *could* be the problem.
Back to top Go down
AChan
Light Duty Poster
Light Duty Poster

Number of posts : 103
Vehicle : 86 MKII Supra

PostSubject: Re: WTF...........Tranny trouble.   WTF...........Tranny trouble. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFebruary 3rd 2007, 4:18 am

Errr....That happened to me in my first car right before it blew on the highway. I hope that doesn't happen to you man...It sucks!
Back to top Go down
altavelocidad
Forum Frequenter
Forum Frequenter
altavelocidad

Number of posts : 355
Vehicle : 1991 240sx fastback sr20det part 2

PostSubject: Re: WTF...........Tranny trouble.   WTF...........Tranny trouble. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2007, 1:46 am

Shift cable?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WTF...........Tranny trouble.   WTF...........Tranny trouble. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WTF...........Tranny trouble.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2