Chicago Area 240sx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chicago Area 240sx

Since 2006.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

rough idle and stalling

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
nephthys
Fucking Noob
Fucking Noob
nephthys

Number of posts : 94
Vehicle : 91 red 240sx se

rough idle and stalling Empty
PostSubject: rough idle and stalling   rough idle and stalling Icon_minitimeNovember 4th 2009, 9:45 am

Hi Guys,

Haven't been here in a while, hope everyone is doing well. I've got a rough idle and stalling issue that I don't know how to describe very technically but.. I used to push the clutch down pretty much to the floor out of habit and never had issues. Recently if I do that regardless of what gear I am in it starts idling very rough drops down and stalls. I've recently discovered if I am very mindful and push the clutch down only far enough to engage the clutch the idle stays steady. If I push it down too much it often stalls and recently while turning, the car died mid-intersection and I almost got rear-ended so I'm getting nervous to drive it. Any ideas of what I should check/test?
Back to top Go down
http://red240sx.org
shortyman4065
Light Duty Poster
Light Duty Poster
shortyman4065

Number of posts : 160
Vehicle : 95 240sx 91 240sx SE

PostSubject: Re: rough idle and stalling   rough idle and stalling Icon_minitimeNovember 28th 2009, 3:47 pm

my car dies randomly as well, check your temp sensor that was my problem, hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
ChicagoS14T
Established Member
Established Member
ChicagoS14T

Number of posts : 628

PostSubject: Re: rough idle and stalling   rough idle and stalling Icon_minitimeDecember 19th 2009, 4:32 pm

Whats done to the car? Whats the mileage? year ? SOHC DOHC ?

I just opened up a small shop out in Addison. If you want to drop by and have us diagnose it for free we can do that. Otherwise I can help you out via the forum, email, pm, phone ?

Stalling issues can result from bad Mass Airflow sensors, at idle bad idle can be a bad or dirty idle air control valve ( IACV ), bad grounds can cause headaches as well especially on older imports such as 240SXs.

The TPS ( throttle position sensor) if fault can cause the issue, dirty throttle bodies, loose connections, bad coolant temperature sensor.

Best solution is to take a look at it and go with the cheapest easiest parts. Clean the usual suspects, double check and go over everything and the replace what needs to be replaced.

773-391-4313 : Sebastian
sostech@gmail.com
sebastian@midweststreetperformance.com
Back to top Go down
Curtis DeAngelo Nelson II
Established Member
Established Member
Curtis DeAngelo Nelson II

Number of posts : 768
Vehicle : dirty girls

PostSubject: Re: rough idle and stalling   rough idle and stalling Icon_minitimeDecember 19th 2009, 5:00 pm

i just recently had the same problem. thought it was the iacv for quite awhile. check that all your hoses look good. get a repair manual or see how to check the throttle postion sensor. mine was outta spec so i swapped it over with a new one and bam problem gone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: rough idle and stalling   rough idle and stalling Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

rough idle and stalling
Page 1 of 1