Chicago Area 240sx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chicago Area 240sx

Since 2006.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

ka running rough needs help

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
LeMoine
Forum Frequenter
Forum Frequenter
LeMoine

Number of posts : 456

ka running rough needs help Empty
PostSubject: ka running rough needs help   ka running rough needs help Icon_minitimeJuly 15th 2008, 11:21 pm

Alright well ever since I bought my car it has had this little problem. So I will go drive my car and say 30 mins to an hour later while the car is still hot if I drive it it will act up and start running on 3 . So i talked to my uncle whos a mechanic and he said its probably just old plug wires that pop off, replaced those and 40 bucks later its still doing it. Its not like it does it everyday just every once and awhile and it eventually goes away after driving it for like 10 mins. I have ruled out that its not a bad injector cause it would do it all the time and so im lead to believe it may be some kind of wiring problem. What do you guys think ?
Back to top Go down
Jay
Newb friendly
Newb friendly
Jay

Number of posts : 1432
Vehicle : S13 Garage Slut & S14 Daily Whore

PostSubject: Re: ka running rough needs help   ka running rough needs help Icon_minitimeJuly 16th 2008, 2:01 am

replaced cap/rotor while doing spark plugs?
Back to top Go down
dwvinny
Light Duty Poster
Light Duty Poster

Number of posts : 116

PostSubject: Re: ka running rough needs help   ka running rough needs help Icon_minitimeJuly 16th 2008, 5:33 am

id say check the injectors neway.. its common for them to seem ok then loose continuity at running temp if bad.. if not then yeah probably wiring
Back to top Go down
http://destructionwarehouse.com
LeMoine
Forum Frequenter
Forum Frequenter
LeMoine

Number of posts : 456

PostSubject: Re: ka running rough needs help   ka running rough needs help Icon_minitimeJuly 16th 2008, 8:45 am

Jay wrote:
replaced cap/rotor while doing spark plugs?
Nope probably should and I will take a look at the injectors
Back to top Go down
dwvinny
Light Duty Poster
Light Duty Poster

Number of posts : 116

PostSubject: Re: ka running rough needs help   ka running rough needs help Icon_minitimeJuly 16th 2008, 11:20 am

you may know this allready but you dont have to remove the injectors just unplug the harness and test them with an ohm meter , dont qoute me on this youll probably wanna look in the fsm but im pretty sure they should be in the range of 20-24 ohms hot (running temp)
either way the numbers should be realitively the same across the board when hot with a variance of no more than 6 ohms
Back to top Go down
http://destructionwarehouse.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ka running rough needs help   ka running rough needs help Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ka running rough needs help
Page 1 of 1