Chicago Area 240sx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chicago Area 240sx

Since 2006.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

ka swap to ka HELp

Go down 
+7
KappS14
ka24orce
240nut
D*S Dave
Stab Master Sharson
Curtis DeAngelo Nelson II
bks14
11 posters
AuthorMessage
bks14
Fucking Noob
Fucking Noob
bks14

Number of posts : 24
Vehicle : 1996 240sx s14

ka swap to ka HELp Empty
PostSubject: ka swap to ka HELp   ka swap to ka HELp Icon_minitimeNovember 2nd 2009, 7:55 pm

i have swap mi 96 ka motor for a 97 or 98 motor not sure but just wondering was i suppose to swap the ecu too??? i need help or else i cant pass emission
Back to top Go down
Established Member
Established Member

Number of posts : 768
Vehicle : dirty girls

ka swap to ka HELp Empty
PostSubject: Re: ka swap to ka HELp   ka swap to ka HELp Icon_minitimeNovember 2nd 2009, 10:18 pm

hit up ka-t.org
Back to top Go down
Stab Master Sharson
Straight outta Locash
Straight outta Locash
Stab Master Sharson

Number of posts : 4346

ka swap to ka HELp Empty
PostSubject: Re: ka swap to ka HELp   ka swap to ka HELp Icon_minitimeNovember 3rd 2009, 10:45 am

ecu's should be the same unless one is automatic and the other isnt. the auto doesnt have a limiter but can still be used on with the 5 speed.
Back to top Go down
D*S Dave
DS! DS! DS!
DS! DS! DS!
D*S Dave

Number of posts : 3128
Vehicle : Nostromo

ka swap to ka HELp Empty
PostSubject: Re: ka swap to ka HELp   ka swap to ka HELp Icon_minitimeNovember 3rd 2009, 12:44 pm

Yup. The coon is right. I have an auto ecu in mine. No cel or anything like that. Your straight.
Back to top Go down
240nut
Forum Frequenter
Forum Frequenter
240nut

Number of posts : 259
Vehicle : 1995 240sx Se

ka swap to ka HELp Empty
PostSubject: Re: ka swap to ka HELp   ka swap to ka HELp Icon_minitimeNovember 3rd 2009, 2:19 pm

you guys are right i have auto ecu still after my 5 speed swap. i have a 5 speed ecu but to lazy to put it in.... only thing my car does is it keeps dying out when you cold start it if you dont give it a little gas. other than that no cels.
Back to top Go down
ka24orce
Ace Combat Driver
Ace Combat Driver

Number of posts : 372
Vehicle : 180sx,

ka swap to ka HELp Empty
PostSubject: Re: ka swap to ka HELp   ka swap to ka HELp Icon_minitimeNovember 3rd 2009, 3:30 pm

96 is different ecu than 97
Back to top Go down
bks14
Fucking Noob
Fucking Noob
bks14

ka swap to ka HELp Empty
PostSubject: Re: ka swap to ka HELp   ka swap to ka HELp Icon_minitimeNovember 8th 2009, 1:37 pm

ka24orce wrote:
96 is different ecu than 97

so i should change the ecu to a 97?????
Back to top Go down
ka24orce
Ace Combat Driver
Ace Combat Driver

Number of posts : 372
Vehicle : 180sx,

ka swap to ka HELp Empty
PostSubject: Re: ka swap to ka HELp   ka swap to ka HELp Icon_minitimeNovember 9th 2009, 9:28 am

check Jim Wolf website. They have instructions on what wires to change. U can keep that ecu but gotta switch some wires around
Back to top Go down
bks14
Fucking Noob
Fucking Noob
bks14

ka swap to ka HELp Empty
PostSubject: Re: ka swap to ka HELp   ka swap to ka HELp Icon_minitimeNovember 10th 2009, 3:06 pm

ka24orce wrote:
check Jim Wolf website. They have instructions on what wires to change. U can keep that ecu but gotta switch some wires around

wats his web site.... thanks for the help
Back to top Go down
KappS14
Light Duty Poster
Light Duty Poster

Number of posts : 126
Vehicle : 91 240sx HB

ka swap to ka HELp Empty
PostSubject: Re: ka swap to ka HELp   ka swap to ka HELp Icon_minitimeNovember 11th 2009, 2:00 pm

jim wolf technology
Back to top Go down
ChicagoS14T
Established Member
Established Member
ChicagoS14T

Number of posts : 628

ka swap to ka HELp Empty
PostSubject: Re: ka swap to ka HELp   ka swap to ka HELp Icon_minitimeDecember 6th 2009, 12:52 pm

Did you ever figure this out?

95 , 96, 97 and 98 all had different ECUs. However the engines 96+ should be the same having OBDII emissions components. I would run the ECU from your car and the wiring from your car on the new motor. The ECU year and engine harness should match the cars year.

Plugs and sensors should all be the same. 95s dont have OBDII so there is less crap under the hood. Also 95 ECUs are the only ones that can be chipped for real time ROM tuning. Well as far as S14s are concerned, S13 DOHC ecus all can do that.
Back to top Go down
bks14
Fucking Noob
Fucking Noob
bks14

ka swap to ka HELp Empty
PostSubject: Re: ka swap to ka HELp   ka swap to ka HELp Icon_minitimeDecember 14th 2009, 6:04 am

ChicagoS14T wrote:
Did you ever figure this out?

95 , 96, 97 and 98 all had different ECUs. However the engines 96+ should be the same having OBDII emissions components. I would run the ECU from your car and the wiring from your car on the new motor. The ECU year and engine harness should match the cars year.

Plugs and sensors should all be the same. 95s dont have OBDII so there is less crap under the hood. Also 95 ECUs are the only ones that can be chipped for real time ROM tuning. Well as far as S14s are concerned, S13 DOHC ecus all can do that.

dude this bitch still wount pass emissions do u no anyone that has a full exhaust and intake and pass emissions ??????????????? Mad bonkers
Back to top Go down
JakeS14
Forum Frequenter
Forum Frequenter
JakeS14

Number of posts : 486
Vehicle : 97 240sx

ka swap to ka HELp Empty
PostSubject: Re: ka swap to ka HELp   ka swap to ka HELp Icon_minitimeDecember 14th 2009, 4:21 pm

might not pass if its a straight pipe, but I have a header with 3"cat back and it passes

either way if you have a straight pipe they make plugs for where the senor goes into and it should pass

And check you air intake temp sensor, check if the wires been cut or if theres no sensor at all your car will fail emissions- happened to me
Back to top Go down
bks14
Fucking Noob
Fucking Noob
bks14

ka swap to ka HELp Empty
PostSubject: Re: ka swap to ka HELp   ka swap to ka HELp Icon_minitimeDecember 17th 2009, 9:21 pm

na man i aint got straight pipe i got the gay ass hi flow from top speed....but ill do all those check thanks for the help!
Back to top Go down
Los Vlados Locos
Captain Obvious
Captain Obvious

Number of posts : 2188

ka swap to ka HELp Empty
PostSubject: Re: ka swap to ka HELp   ka swap to ka HELp Icon_minitimeDecember 17th 2009, 9:22 pm

This is why I love my 1995 =)
Back to top Go down
ChicagoS14T
Established Member
Established Member
ChicagoS14T

ka swap to ka HELp Empty
PostSubject: Re: ka swap to ka HELp   ka swap to ka HELp Icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2009, 10:16 pm

HAHHA so do I ! I got my 95, but is your car throwing a check engine or what? There is a secondary 02 sensor after the cat, you need that hooked up and reading for emissions purposes otherwise you will not pass.
Back to top Go down
bks14
Fucking Noob
Fucking Noob
bks14

ka swap to ka HELp Empty
PostSubject: Re: ka swap to ka HELp   ka swap to ka HELp Icon_minitimeDecember 23rd 2009, 7:12 pm

ChicagoS14T wrote:
HAHHA so do I ! I got my 95, but is your car throwing a check engine or what? There is a secondary 02 sensor after the cat, you need that hooked up and reading for emissions purposes otherwise you will not pass.

dude i replace both o2 and i got mi pcv valve and charcole canister replaced idk wat else to do
Back to top Go down
ChicagoS14T
Established Member
Established Member
ChicagoS14T

ka swap to ka HELp Empty
PostSubject: Re: ka swap to ka HELp   ka swap to ka HELp Icon_minitimeDecember 26th 2009, 5:54 am

You can always bring it by my shop and we can diagnose it. Its hard to say what it is without taking a look at the car. We can go over it for free we dont charge for inspection.

hit me up: 773-391-4313
Back to top Go down
bks14
Fucking Noob
Fucking Noob
bks14

ka swap to ka HELp Empty
PostSubject: Re: ka swap to ka HELp   ka swap to ka HELp Icon_minitimeDecember 28th 2009, 9:40 pm

ChicagoS14T wrote:
You can always bring it by my shop and we can diagnose it. Its hard to say what it is without taking a look at the car. We can go over it for free we dont charge for inspection.

hit me up: 773-391-4313

for sure man thanks for the help ill hit u up
Back to top Go down
D*S Dstar
D*S Dstar

Number of posts : 11254
Vehicle : RED SHARK V1-5, MOBY DICK.

ka swap to ka HELp Empty
PostSubject: Re: ka swap to ka HELp   ka swap to ka HELp Icon_minitimeDecember 28th 2009, 9:40 pm

THAT SHITS POSSESED BRO CALL THE PRIEST
Back to top Go down
https://chicagoarea240sx.editboard.com
bks14
Fucking Noob
Fucking Noob
bks14

ka swap to ka HELp Empty
PostSubject: Re: ka swap to ka HELp   ka swap to ka HELp Icon_minitimeJanuary 3rd 2010, 7:47 pm

Death*Star wrote:
THAT SHITS POSSESED BRO CALL THE PRIEST

i no i do u no of one so it can take the demon out so i can put a turbo charged angle in it lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ka swap to ka HELp Empty
PostSubject: Re: ka swap to ka HELp   ka swap to ka HELp Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ka swap to ka HELp
Page 1 of 1