Chicago Area 240sx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chicago Area 240sx

Since 2006.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Just when you thought I was done. Dave’s 180SX build.

Go down 
+62
AMD 240
Maikeru
Forte EXE
Bliz Khalifa
Pepe Pepe
vnleone
dorikin717
ghost420
DAELEN
drftx
whiterps13
Steve
boost addict
BrownBear
mishkin_707
borracho
TougeSyndicate
s0apgun
ferrarisx
D*S Tomy Guns
YELLOW
mrkan
zenkimonstr
kpc_0721
skyvia686
ka24orce
Dirty Dee
D*S Dstar
k c
D*S Roski
shiftin_sideways
240slider8
Curtis DeAngelo Nelson II
mikey z
sad
gOtPUrPL3
NlineSicks240
rcl1221
Los Vlados Locos
mikemadison_09
RAMM
SIMON
his180sx
ghetto240
altavelocidad
FusionR300zx
David
boostbaron
evanger
Nachtmensch
doWorK.
Stab Master Sharson
LeMoine
djexpo
Adrian_S13
DJ Longdick
hs13kls
RAD MIKE Circa 3006
D*S Homeboy.
D*S Trucky
jh3xp
D*S Dave
66 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage
FusionR300zx
Post Whore
Post Whore
FusionR300zx

Number of posts : 3248
Vehicle : 1997 240sx 1993 300zx 2+2

Just when you thought I was done. Dave’s 180SX build.  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just when you thought I was done. Dave’s 180SX build.    Just when you thought I was done. Dave’s 180SX build.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 11th 2009, 1:11 pm

+1 for this thread.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/aricwithana
D*S Dave
DS! DS! DS!
DS! DS! DS!
D*S Dave

Number of posts : 3128
Vehicle : Nostromo

PostSubject: Re: Just when you thought I was done. Dave’s 180SX build.    Just when you thought I was done. Dave’s 180SX build.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 12th 2009, 7:17 am

Thanks doods!

Haaaaaayyyyy!
Just when you thought I was done. Dave’s 180SX build.  - Page 2 IMG_0221.

So hoping it would fix my wiper problem, me and angel started tackling my harness Sunday night. We started at 7 and stopped at 12. Could have been done but we took a lunch break and litterly just stared at all of the wires for about an hour and a half. Hahaha. We got about 26 wires left. Fixed all fucked wires. Connected the battery back and I turned to run the wipers. Nothing. Making sure everything else works I found out my drivers side headlight no longer lights up, low or high. Hoping those problems are fuse problems. Any ideas? Thanks...

Just when you thought I was done. Dave’s 180SX build.  - Page 2 IMG_0223

just so people know what im doing, since I'm too lazy and i'm not Kim, I cut my harness up and I'm rerouting the harness through the bay ontop of the strut tower. Why? Chewed thru some wires don't feel like ever dealing with that again. Cheers. I'll have better pictures once finished.
Back to top Go down
doWorK.
Fucking Noob
Fucking Noob

Number of posts : 42

PostSubject: Re: Just when you thought I was done. Dave’s 180SX build.    Just when you thought I was done. Dave’s 180SX build.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 12th 2009, 9:28 am

GL with the wiring, that can be a bitch to do. Perhaps your healdight is burned out, otherwise could be one of the wires that are not fixxed yet. Take out the multi meter and the fun begins.
Back to top Go down
altavelocidad
Forum Frequenter
Forum Frequenter
altavelocidad

Number of posts : 355
Vehicle : 1991 240sx fastback sr20det part 2

PostSubject: Re: Just when you thought I was done. Dave’s 180SX build.    Just when you thought I was done. Dave’s 180SX build.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 12th 2009, 10:39 am

Good progress Ecko. . Ive seen it out there a couple of times. Cant wait to see this whip when its finished
Back to top Go down
D*S Dave
DS! DS! DS!
DS! DS! DS!
D*S Dave

PostSubject: Re: Just when you thought I was done. Dave’s 180SX build.    Just when you thought I was done. Dave’s 180SX build.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 12th 2009, 5:33 pm

fosho! thanks. far from finished tho.
Back to top Go down
LeMoine
Forum Frequenter
Forum Frequenter
LeMoine

Number of posts : 456

PostSubject: Re: Just when you thought I was done. Dave’s 180SX build.    Just when you thought I was done. Dave’s 180SX build.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 14th 2009, 12:46 pm

eckominds wrote:
Nope. Actually, do u still work at that body shop? Might want to get the car ready for full paint....Wink
Nah im working in another body shop now. Lemme know if you need some help.
Back to top Go down
DJ Longdick
DS! DS! DS!
DS! DS! DS!
DJ Longdick

Number of posts : 4358
Vehicle : D*Squad 86

PostSubject: Re: Just when you thought I was done. Dave’s 180SX build.    Just when you thought I was done. Dave’s 180SX build.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 14th 2009, 4:09 pm

this is too dope, call me up when your ready for that paint, we'll get it taken care of.
Back to top Go down
D*S Dave
DS! DS! DS!
DS! DS! DS!
D*S Dave

PostSubject: Re: Just when you thought I was done. Dave’s 180SX build.    Just when you thought I was done. Dave’s 180SX build.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 14th 2009, 4:49 pm

I will for sure be going to y'all. Just need to Figure out how I'm gonna do this. And till I get new sides and rear.

But just to keep y'all hopes up...

Just when you thought I was done. Dave’s 180SX build.  - Page 2 IMG_0189
Back to top Go down
RAD MIKE Circa 3006
Starry Night, Celestial Skies.
Starry Night, Celestial Skies.
RAD MIKE Circa 3006

Number of posts : 3524

PostSubject: Re: Just when you thought I was done. Dave’s 180SX build.    Just when you thought I was done. Dave’s 180SX build.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 14th 2009, 4:56 pm

now i see the gaps,on my phone it looked like it fit better.
work has been done bro-mosexual
Back to top Go down
ghetto240
Fucking Noob
Fucking Noob
ghetto240

Number of posts : 65
Vehicle : 1989 Coupe

PostSubject: Re: Just when you thought I was done. Dave’s 180SX build.    Just when you thought I was done. Dave’s 180SX build.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 14th 2009, 5:31 pm

shit bro cars comming a long way... what you thinking 180sx side skirts or an origin or something?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/crazyrx7fan
his180sx
Post Enthusiast
Post Enthusiast

Number of posts : 1050

PostSubject: Re: Just when you thought I was done. Dave’s 180SX build.    Just when you thought I was done. Dave’s 180SX build.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 14th 2009, 9:06 pm

Roski's skirts.
Back to top Go down
D*S Dave
DS! DS! DS!
DS! DS! DS!
D*S Dave

PostSubject: Re: Just when you thought I was done. Dave’s 180SX build.    Just when you thought I was done. Dave’s 180SX build.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 14th 2009, 9:16 pm

Sssshhhhhh lol.
Back to top Go down
ghetto240
Fucking Noob
Fucking Noob
ghetto240

Number of posts : 65
Vehicle : 1989 Coupe

PostSubject: Re: Just when you thought I was done. Dave’s 180SX build.    Just when you thought I was done. Dave’s 180SX build.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 14th 2009, 11:05 pm

haha sorry... i never seen roski's car in person to recognize the parts that were on his car so forgive me if i sound like an idiot
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/crazyrx7fan
SIMON
Post Whore
Post Whore
SIMON

Number of posts : 2058

PostSubject: Re: Just when you thought I was done. Dave’s 180SX build.    Just when you thought I was done. Dave’s 180SX build.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 14th 2009, 11:38 pm

Keep it up dave, every time I see the car you come up with more and more.. looks raw!
Back to top Go down
D*S Dave
DS! DS! DS!
DS! DS! DS!
D*S Dave

PostSubject: Re: Just when you thought I was done. Dave’s 180SX build.    Just when you thought I was done. Dave’s 180SX build.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 15th 2009, 6:57 am

It's all good. Don't sweat it.
Back to top Go down
RAMM
Forum Frequenter
Forum Frequenter
RAMM

Number of posts : 334
Vehicle : 1995 240sx Se

PostSubject: Re: Just when you thought I was done. Dave’s 180SX build.    Just when you thought I was done. Dave’s 180SX build.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 15th 2009, 3:25 pm

What type of motor setup you going with?
Back to top Go down
D*S Dave
DS! DS! DS!
DS! DS! DS!
D*S Dave

PostSubject: Re: Just when you thought I was done. Dave’s 180SX build.    Just when you thought I was done. Dave’s 180SX build.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 15th 2009, 4:01 pm

Probably kat since it's pretty cheap. Or atleast cheaper than most sr swaps around and it's pretty effective to boost a ka I hear. What's your experience?
Back to top Go down
mikemadison_09
Forum Frequenter
Forum Frequenter
mikemadison_09

Number of posts : 267
Vehicle : 89 coupe

PostSubject: Re: Just when you thought I was done. Dave’s 180SX build.    Just when you thought I was done. Dave’s 180SX build.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 15th 2009, 6:41 pm

ka-t is awesome i liked it a lot and cant rlly beat the price...ur cars coming a long nicely man
Back to top Go down
RAMM
Forum Frequenter
Forum Frequenter
RAMM

PostSubject: Re: Just when you thought I was done. Dave’s 180SX build.    Just when you thought I was done. Dave’s 180SX build.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 16th 2009, 3:51 pm

My experience with KA-T setups is growing. But I started off small and am working my way up.

If your current KA is in good condition then go ahead and boost it. Should be safe at around 300whp if everything is mechanically sound. Tuning is very important with KA-T setups. DONT skimp out and tune with SAFC and shit like that. Either get a ROM tune from Enthalpy or JWT or a NIStune/CalumRT setup and have a knowledgable tuner dial in your car.

Don't settle for anything less than a T28 based turbo though. You'll be choking the KA and will have more room to grow down the road.

KA-T.org

check it out. Do research first.
Back to top Go down
Los Vlados Locos
Captain Obvious
Captain Obvious

Number of posts : 2188

PostSubject: Re: Just when you thought I was done. Dave’s 180SX build.    Just when you thought I was done. Dave’s 180SX build.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 16th 2009, 6:16 pm

WTF, there is some guy on ka-t.org with Edgars and Franks cars in his sig.
Back to top Go down
D*S Dave
DS! DS! DS!
DS! DS! DS!
D*S Dave

PostSubject: Re: Just when you thought I was done. Dave’s 180SX build.    Just when you thought I was done. Dave’s 180SX build.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 16th 2009, 6:43 pm

I've done plenty of research and I like to keep gathering info. I'm pretty confident that my ka is solid. I do plan to start off small like you did. I don't need power at all though. It's just for pure fun. So for next year winter I am plotting a ka rebuild with the ams kit or piecing my own internals, 550cc injectors, 2871r type set up. Should be pretty fun to have around. I really don't want top mount type setup tho. But for this winter I'm thinking sr 28 sr injectors. In reality I don't have to do this but I want to see how quick it can be with such a small setup. Where did you get your tuning done? Pm me or text me anytime. 773 316 5587., Dave.
Back to top Go down
RAMM
Forum Frequenter
Forum Frequenter
RAMM

PostSubject: Re: Just when you thought I was done. Dave’s 180SX build.    Just when you thought I was done. Dave’s 180SX build.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 17th 2009, 4:03 pm

The largest turbo i'd go with on a T2 setup is an S15 BBT28. Other than that your going to spend double on a turbo that'll make the KA choke. Don't forget your limited by the T2 flange.

S15 BBT28 setup on 550cc, Tune, Z32 MAF will do 300whp all day w/ good torque and a fat powerband. Also another good turbo for a T2 setup is a GTiR turbo. I know the CMWerks guys love them and they come in the larger T2 .86 hotside.

If you want to go with more power look into T3 setups. You'll keep EGT temps down and won't be choking the motor. It goes hand in hand.

Armando at iLL Garage tuned my car on NIStune.

Mehh. if your staying on SR injectors and stock MAF, you might as well get a T25. The money spent on a SRT28 is not worth the current setups output. You'll max out the stock MAF at around 260whp and 370cc's will max out quick too. And then your still going to sell the T28 down the road to pick up a larger turbo.

A maxed out SR w/ a T25 didn't even feel close to being as quick as my KA-T25 on 9psi.
Back to top Go down
mikemadison_09
Forum Frequenter
Forum Frequenter
mikemadison_09

Number of posts : 267
Vehicle : 89 coupe

PostSubject: Re: Just when you thought I was done. Dave’s 180SX build.    Just when you thought I was done. Dave’s 180SX build.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 17th 2009, 4:58 pm

i had an sr t25 with 370's at 10 pounds on my ka and it was really fun but you get used to the boost quick and want more
Back to top Go down
rcl1221
Established Member
Established Member
rcl1221

Number of posts : 637
Vehicle : RMS13, GH6, ZX636-C1

PostSubject: Re: Just when you thought I was done. Dave’s 180SX build.    Just when you thought I was done. Dave’s 180SX build.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 17th 2009, 9:40 pm

i had a ka-t. blew the motor, and swapped in a stock ka.

i run 17s and it's more than enough power. get a 2-way, and learn first b4 power.
Back to top Go down
http://www.richiesrandoms.wordpress.com
D*S Dave
DS! DS! DS!
DS! DS! DS!
D*S Dave

PostSubject: Re: Just when you thought I was done. Dave’s 180SX build.    Just when you thought I was done. Dave’s 180SX build.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2009, 8:02 pm

So anyway. Finished my harness last Friday. Pretty cool. Next up is my passenger side harness. My newest pair of wheels came home too. Went to tf thrusday and bought some ichiba vII 15mm spacers. Threw them on last night aswell as my rear cobra wheels. 10.5's now fit ok with no inner rubbing issues just tire/fender rubbing. Haha. Honestly, I wish I would have gone 225/40 instead of 235/40 and bought 25mm spacers instead of the 15mm. BUT it sits flush either way now. Fixed my wiper issues too so I was super happy Bout that. I was driving the car around and every 2-3 minutes, there is a buzzing sound coming from my cluster. Dimms my ebrake light when that happens. (ebrake light his been on since I bought the car). Kinda freak out with that buzzing noise. Hope it's nothing serious.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just when you thought I was done. Dave’s 180SX build.    Just when you thought I was done. Dave’s 180SX build.  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just when you thought I was done. Dave’s 180SX build.
Page 2 of 24Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 24  Next