Chicago Area 240sx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chicago Area 240sx

Since 2006.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Speedo not working in either 240

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Nackers
Post Enthusiast
Post Enthusiast
Nackers

Number of posts : 1609
Vehicle : 03 350z and 89 Hatch

Speedo not working in either 240 Empty
PostSubject: Speedo not working in either 240   Speedo not working in either 240 Icon_minitimeJuly 27th 2008, 2:49 pm

Some of you may remember I've got a 94 convertible and last winter I bought a 89 hatch with a redtop in it that was not running. I put the KA/trans/wiring harness/ecu in the hatchback and put the SR/trans/wiring harness/ecu in the vert.

When I put the DOHC in the SOHC hatch, I redid the dash wiring (not that this was my first time) like you are supposed to and the car already had a DOHC cluster in it. Mind you this is the only thing I did and everything worked except for the speedometer even though everything worked in the vert originally.

At the same time, the SR went into the vert and I had done the dash wiring again and everything worked except for the speedometer.

Then I remembered during my first SR swap into my sohc coupe people said you needed to take the speed sensor from the KA trans and put it in the SR trans. This didn't make sence to me since the sensors appear to be exactly the same, but I did it anyway. So yesterday I put both the vert and hatch in the air and swapped speed sensors thinking that at least the convertible would work knowing that the speed sensor I took from the hatch originally came in the vert, but still neither of the speedometers work.

I've gone over my wiring and everything seems to be good so my question is, why would my speedometer not be working in either car?

Oh and another little tech question,
The Redtop in the vert won't idle very well and dies without giving it throttle. When the car is at idle and starts to die I can give it throttle but sometimes the throttle won't be very responsive but then will get the car to rev up and is fine. The car other than that revvs and drives perfectly fine. I keep thinking to myself that its the idle air control because it just makes sence, but I'm just looking for any other alternatives or some support that it is the IACV.

thanks
Back to top Go down
http://nackersdrift.com
Nackers
Post Enthusiast
Post Enthusiast
Nackers

Number of posts : 1609
Vehicle : 03 350z and 89 Hatch

PostSubject: Re: Speedo not working in either 240   Speedo not working in either 240 Icon_minitimeJuly 29th 2008, 3:30 am

??????
Back to top Go down
http://nackersdrift.com
SEXYDRIFTER
Forum Frequenter
Forum Frequenter
SEXYDRIFTER

Number of posts : 247
Vehicle : 1990 nissan 240sx se hb rps13

PostSubject: Re: Speedo not working in either 240   Speedo not working in either 240 Icon_minitimeAugust 1st 2008, 9:25 am

u know what man same here i think that some is very wrong double triple check it out again cause its either that or see the wiring harness i assume that there is a crossover or another wire is touching another wire my speedometer is not working either so if u know how to make it work pm ohh if u need some help iwth anything with ur car ill hook u up at ntb in bolingbrook ull see my ride!!!!!!!! let me know how it goes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
dwvinny
Light Duty Poster
Light Duty Poster

Number of posts : 116

PostSubject: Re: Speedo not working in either 240   Speedo not working in either 240 Icon_minitimeAugust 1st 2008, 10:44 am

iac may just be dirty try cleaning it might wanna make sure the tb isnt gunked up aswell
both clusters?? maybe you missed a ground wire somewhere??
Back to top Go down
http://destructionwarehouse.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Speedo not working in either 240   Speedo not working in either 240 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Speedo not working in either 240
Page 1 of 1