Chicago Area 240sx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chicago Area 240sx

Since 2006.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

welded differential not working?...look.

Go down 
+13
D*S Roski
SIMON
Adrian_S13
Curtis DeAngelo Nelson II
Xmax
hs13kls
sad
djexpo
Stab Master Sharson
Los Vlados Locos
D*S Dstar
Nachtmensch
D*S Dave
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
D*S Dave
DS! DS! DS!
DS! DS! DS!
D*S Dave

Number of posts : 3128
Vehicle : Nostromo

welded differential not working?...look. Empty
PostSubject: welded differential not working?...look.   welded differential not working?...look. Icon_minitimeApril 26th 2009, 1:21 am

ok so today i went out with a couple of friend to bww and what not. then i go home but i go to a lot and try pull off some figure ochos. all goes good yadda yadda yadda. i jump on 90/94 to go home and as usual, im going pretty fast. half way home, i start getting this crazy wining and grinding noise. i let off and i hear this crazy like knockage coming from the back. i take it easy going home now. im still getting these loud ass grind/wines when i accelerate and that knocking when i let off. i get home and drive around streets turning and crap. now the diff doesnt do the usual tire skipping and chirping. the ground is dry by my house already. then i go to a wet ally and do small burnout. left two marks but ive done burnouts with the open differential and it left two marks i go to a lot and just do circles, not sliding. no chirp/tire skip. i cant mess around much by my house cause there is police warehouse kinda thing. not sure if its a police station but popo is always around. i just put in the diff and havent really beat on it. it was used before and from what i know it is pretty old and used. wtf is going? any help? really dont want to take out the diff, but if i have to ill just put my open again till i get a new welded. and yes i filled it up when i changed it the diff. is this normal or wut the fuck. i mean, no tire chirp/skip when i turn now? wtf is going on. hit me up and let me know. i drive fast on the highway so i dont want this shit blowing up on me while im doing 110...
Back to top Go down
Nachtmensch
whatever
whatever
Nachtmensch

Number of posts : 11764
Vehicle : MRS, IS350

PostSubject: Re: welded differential not working?...look.   welded differential not working?...look. Icon_minitimeApril 26th 2009, 1:57 am

drain the oil and look for metal. then open it up and see if the welds broke.
Back to top Go down
D*S Dstar
D*S Dstar

Number of posts : 11254
Vehicle : RED SHARK V1-5, MOBY DICK.

PostSubject: Re: welded differential not working?...look.   welded differential not working?...look. Icon_minitimeApril 26th 2009, 3:15 am

Wtf is with the "I haul ass on the highway" talk. Am I the only fuck that crawls along in the left lane all the time?

20 bucks says your diff be fuxored.
Check your axles also.
Back to top Go down
https://chicagoarea240sx.editboard.com
Los Vlados Locos
Captain Obvious
Captain Obvious

Number of posts : 2188

PostSubject: Re: welded differential not working?...look.   welded differential not working?...look. Icon_minitimeApril 26th 2009, 3:30 am

eckominds wrote:
i drive fast on the highway so i dont want this shit blowing up on me while im doing 110...

No offense, but is this really necessary.....

Once in a while I guess we all get the rush to want go a a bit faster... but driving 110 a lot cause you like to drive fast is just... i dunno.
Back to top Go down
Stab Master Sharson
Straight outta Locash
Straight outta Locash
Stab Master Sharson

Number of posts : 4346

PostSubject: Re: welded differential not working?...look.   welded differential not working?...look. Icon_minitimeApril 26th 2009, 5:27 am

of course you dont vlad.
Back to top Go down
djexpo
Forum Frequenter
Forum Frequenter
djexpo

Number of posts : 452
Vehicle : 89 240sx Coupe

PostSubject: Re: welded differential not working?...look.   welded differential not working?...look. Icon_minitimeApril 26th 2009, 8:19 am

who welded it and how long ago?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/dj_expo
sad
REPOST QUEEN.
REPOST QUEEN.
sad

Number of posts : 1566

PostSubject: Re: welded differential not working?...look.   welded differential not working?...look. Icon_minitimeApril 26th 2009, 9:41 am

why are you going fast? in a 240sx? are trying to prove something? slow down..i barely go above 75 when i drive
Back to top Go down
hs13kls
Post Enthusiast
Post Enthusiast
hs13kls

Number of posts : 1053
Vehicle : 1991 black coupe

PostSubject: Re: welded differential not working?...look.   welded differential not working?...look. Icon_minitimeApril 26th 2009, 10:03 am

haha i hit a speed limiter between 110-115.. its never consistant..
sounds like you blew it up
Back to top Go down
http://www.leagueltd.com
Xmax
Established Member
Established Member
Xmax

Number of posts : 593
Vehicle : 1993 S13 Fastback and 2006 Mazdaspeed 6

PostSubject: Re: welded differential not working?...look.   welded differential not working?...look. Icon_minitimeApril 26th 2009, 10:46 am

We don't condone reckless driving here. slap!
Back to top Go down
http://www.chicagonissanclub.net
D*S Dave
DS! DS! DS!
DS! DS! DS!
D*S Dave

PostSubject: Re: welded differential not working?...look.   welded differential not working?...look. Icon_minitimeApril 26th 2009, 12:38 pm

Vlad wrote:
eckominds wrote:
i drive fast on the highway so i dont want this shit blowing up on me while im doing 110...

No offense, but is this really necessary.....

Once in a while I guess we all get the rush to want go a a bit faster... but driving 110 a lot cause you like to drive fast is just... i dunno.

not necessary, but it gets me home quicker.

djexpo wrote:
who welded it and how long ago?

thats the problem. i bought it used from this guy that had it in his car. and he said the welded was on when he bought the car. so im guessing its been a while.

das wrote:
why are you going fast? in a 240sx? are trying to prove something? slow down..i barely go above 75 when i drive

1) get home quicker 2) what does it matter what car your in? scratch 3) why would i try to prove something in a 17 year old car? 4) its not like i can do it all the time either. i mean, you cant be speeding when there is shit ton of traffic. i only do it when i stay out till the wee hours of the morning and there is no traffic at all.
Back to top Go down
D*S Dave
DS! DS! DS!
DS! DS! DS!
D*S Dave

PostSubject: Re: welded differential not working?...look.   welded differential not working?...look. Icon_minitimeApril 26th 2009, 12:42 pm

hs13kls wrote:
haha i hit a speed limiter between 110-115.. its never consistant..
sounds like you blew it up

i thought it locks up when you blow it up?

shit sucks. right when im about to really enjoy it more with the 5 speed. oh well. i kinda expected it to blow up. just not this quick. i hate differential swaps. mad i think im just gonna get a 2 way this summer. fuck this.
Back to top Go down
Established Member
Established Member

Number of posts : 768
Vehicle : dirty girls

PostSubject: Re: welded differential not working?...look.   welded differential not working?...look. Icon_minitimeApril 26th 2009, 2:19 pm

both involve $$$
so what are you doin?
Diff or 5-speed swap?

y dont u just reweld the diff if thats the problem?
Back to top Go down
D*S Dave
DS! DS! DS!
DS! DS! DS!
D*S Dave

PostSubject: Re: welded differential not working?...look.   welded differential not working?...look. Icon_minitimeApril 26th 2009, 2:52 pm

im doin the 5 speed. i might just get the diff welded again but ill be running open again till i have time and money to get it rewelded cause im fixin to jump on coilovers right now. gonna ask my pops if i can drive his truck while i do 5 speed and diff swap. so, my poor chassis is out of commission till i finish, proly by like next saturday ill be done. i have a busy schedule during the week. shit sucks.
Back to top Go down
hs13kls
Post Enthusiast
Post Enthusiast
hs13kls

Number of posts : 1053
Vehicle : 1991 black coupe

PostSubject: Re: welded differential not working?...look.   welded differential not working?...look. Icon_minitimeApril 26th 2009, 11:09 pm

dont bitch to me about diff swaps.

when i blew up my nismo 2 way on the road. i couldnt drive period. i had to tow it to a nissan (where i work)

and since they closed the shop before i got there. i had to replace my diff outside by myself while it was snowing last year. i swapped it for another open. i was pissed.

anywyas. you said 2 way.. i bought my kaaz new from TF for 775? plus 200 dollars to install, for the shims and what not.. i saved for a grip to afford it
Back to top Go down
http://www.leagueltd.com
Adrian_S13
Wizard
Wizard
Adrian_S13

Number of posts : 1310
Vehicle : Aristo....

PostSubject: Re: welded differential not working?...look.   welded differential not working?...look. Icon_minitimeApril 27th 2009, 12:02 am

Dude same Shit happened to me last year same noise and all but when I stopped to check what was going on I noticed metal shavings and gear oil all over the rear of car. The cheap ass welds broke. And blew a small hole in my cap. I wrost part is the guy who welded it guaranteed his work said none of his welded diffs ever broke but wouldn't weld me another one or get me another open for free since he guaranteed his work. Plus I guess I'm not the onle one who's diff broke from this dude. just put your open back in it takes less then 45 min to remove and install a diff
Back to top Go down
D*S Dave
DS! DS! DS!
DS! DS! DS!
D*S Dave

PostSubject: Re: welded differential not working?...look.   welded differential not working?...look. Icon_minitimeApril 27th 2009, 12:29 am

hs13kls- that fucking sucks dude. im glad this shit didnt go out on my while i was doing the works or going 100+, id probably be a goner. yea id love a 2 way but for the mean time, i think ill stay welded.

Adrian- yea i remember we were talking about that person. im fisho not going to him. heading to some polak to do my shizz. thanks for the heads up reminder though...
Back to top Go down
djexpo
Forum Frequenter
Forum Frequenter
djexpo

Number of posts : 452
Vehicle : 89 240sx Coupe

PostSubject: Re: welded differential not working?...look.   welded differential not working?...look. Icon_minitimeApril 27th 2009, 8:50 am

heres how to get your diff welded!!!

welded differential not working?...look. 1199941026_2_FT911_sp1020610
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/dj_expo
Stab Master Sharson
Straight outta Locash
Straight outta Locash
Stab Master Sharson

Number of posts : 4346

PostSubject: Re: welded differential not working?...look.   welded differential not working?...look. Icon_minitimeApril 27th 2009, 9:49 am

built ford tufffffffffffffff
Back to top Go down
Los Vlados Locos
Captain Obvious
Captain Obvious

Number of posts : 2188

PostSubject: Re: welded differential not working?...look.   welded differential not working?...look. Icon_minitimeApril 27th 2009, 12:21 pm

eckominds wrote:
hs13kls- that fucking sucks dude. im glad this shit didnt go out on my while i was doing the works or going 100+, i

Why do you keep saying how you go fast? I don't think anyone really cares.

In my opinion its kind of stupid to need to go that fast just because you "want to get home quick".....

Are you doing it to show of? Cause its a old Nissan, nice car, but its no Ferrari lol...
Back to top Go down
SIMON
Post Whore
Post Whore
SIMON

Number of posts : 2058

PostSubject: Re: welded differential not working?...look.   welded differential not working?...look. Icon_minitimeApril 27th 2009, 1:29 pm

he flies in that n/a monster and wants it known!!
Back to top Go down
D*S Dave
DS! DS! DS!
DS! DS! DS!
D*S Dave

PostSubject: Re: welded differential not working?...look.   welded differential not working?...look. Icon_minitimeApril 27th 2009, 5:41 pm

Vlad wrote:
eckominds wrote:
hs13kls- that fucking sucks dude. im glad this shit didnt go out on my while i was doing the works or going 100+, i

Why do you keep saying how you go fast? I don't think anyone really cares.

In my opinion its kind of stupid to need to go that fast just because you "want to get home quick".....

Are you doing it to show of? Cause its a old Nissan, nice car, but its no Ferrari lol...

fyi, i dont give two shits what people think. what do you want me to say? im glad it didnt go out on me while i was going slow? jeez. take a chill pill bill. like you said, nobody cares. im not trying to prove anything. and i hope that if you ever come down for a meet/cruise, you dont act all pussy willow when you lose us cause you like going the speed limit. cause trust me, you will lose the pack...

ok fuck this. im gonna start my 5 speed shit today.
Back to top Go down
D*S Dstar
D*S Dstar

PostSubject: Re: welded differential not working?...look.   welded differential not working?...look. Icon_minitimeApril 27th 2009, 6:05 pm

I drive slow as alllllllllllllllllllllll fuck for transportation.

But when im rolling with the squad or some other homies.
WE HAUL AND TERRORIZE. Even if im in a stock ka car. Balls to the wall.

But ONLY when were rolling 3+ deep. Freeway attack.
Back to top Go down
D*S Dave
DS! DS! DS!
DS! DS! DS!
D*S Dave

PostSubject: Re: welded differential not working?...look.   welded differential not working?...look. Icon_minitimeApril 27th 2009, 8:51 pm

President D*star wrote:
I drive slow as alllllllllllllllllllllll fuck for transportation.

But when im rolling with the squad or some other homies.
WE HAUL AND TERRORIZE. Even if im in a stock ka car. Balls to the wall.

But ONLY when were rolling 3+ deep. Freeway attack.

you guys do the flying V?, like from the mighty ducks? Razz
Back to top Go down
D*S Dstar
D*S Dstar

PostSubject: Re: welded differential not working?...look.   welded differential not working?...look. Icon_minitimeApril 27th 2009, 8:55 pm

We actually do!! We practice formations and acrobatic maneuvers.
Back to top Go down
D*S Dave
DS! DS! DS!
DS! DS! DS!
D*S Dave

PostSubject: Re: welded differential not working?...look.   welded differential not working?...look. Icon_minitimeApril 27th 2009, 8:59 pm

OH MY FUCKING GOD!!!. i cant belieff it. yall who leads the pack? AHAHAHAHAA. i can see yall hauling ass in a V. fuck a vintage tahoe, yall niggas go straight under that shit. ur the best! love you bebe, call me later, ok? we can go get some fried chicken, and listen to gospel music while we steal roskis wheelz and leave him on bricks...ZOMG! im president charlie!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: welded differential not working?...look.   welded differential not working?...look. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

welded differential not working?...look.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next