Chicago Area 240sx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chicago Area 240sx

Since 2006.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

IDK if this is really just cosmetic...

Go down 
+12
Specter
gOtPUrPL3
hs13kls
whiteazn1184
D*S Dstar
tyler
Rated240R
Nachtmensch
just Mike
D*S Trucky
D*S Roski
Nackers
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Nackers
Post Enthusiast
Post Enthusiast
Nackers

Number of posts : 1609
Vehicle : 03 350z and 89 Hatch

IDK if this is really just cosmetic... Empty
PostSubject: IDK if this is really just cosmetic...   IDK if this is really just cosmetic... Icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2007, 3:17 am

Well, I'm a pussy and couldn't just leave you guys high and dry. Maybe I'm just a nice guy. IDK. Anyway, I picked myself up a 89 hatchback with a fairly stock SR20DET in it. The guy had swapped it, but could not figure out how to start it. He could jump the starter and it would run fine and everything, but couldn't turn key. Anyway, I figured 3k for a nearly rust free car, SR20DET, Mine's Tuned ECU (Has verification plate applied to it Smile), N1 Style exhaust, test pipe, downpipe, FMIC, TurboXS RFL, Koyo radiator, Short shifter, and tein tension rods I couldn't pass it up. Anyway, so after about 3 hours of real work and about 3 hours of scratching the dome over the wiring I got from this:

IDK if this is really just cosmetic... SR-KAswapsDay110-20-07003

To This... H3M4N STYL3 Y0!~!

IDK if this is really just cosmetic... SR-KAswapsDay110-20-07055

The wiring problem wasn't really the problem at all. All the wiring checked out perfect and everything was getting connection. Turns out that among all my retartedness when I was checking resistance I wasn't pushing in the clutch pedal when imitating starting the car. After realizing this, continued with the pedal down and was getting the same results. My wiring expert went under to see if the neutral saftey switch was hooked up and it was, but it was not making contact with the pedal in the full down. A little tweak later and everything checks out flawlessly. WOOHOO!!!!

So yeah, I'm putting the SR into the vert and putting the KA into the Hatch. Hatch is going to be my winter car for this year at least and the vert is going in storage in the next 2-3 weeks. When next spring comes around, IDK what I'm going to do yet. Maybe the SR will convince me to keep both and possibly do a few things to the hatch for my G/F? IDK... just some thoughts rollin around the ol' noggin.

Here are some more pics.

IDK if this is really just cosmetic... SR-KAswapsDay110-20-07001
IDK if this is really just cosmetic... SR-KAswapsDay110-20-07002
IDK if this is really just cosmetic... SR-KAswapsDay110-20-07004
IDK if this is really just cosmetic... SR-KAswapsDay110-20-07047
IDK if this is really just cosmetic... SR-KAswapsDay110-20-07050

Hope you liked that. I'll hopefully have some good news tommarow night... err, Monday morning with some more pics as well. Peace out, bedtime for me bitches.
Back to top Go down
http://nackersdrift.com
D*S Roski
DS! DS! DS!
DS! DS! DS!
D*S Roski

Number of posts : 3911
Vehicle : g35

PostSubject: Re: IDK if this is really just cosmetic...   IDK if this is really just cosmetic... Icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2007, 4:09 am

You son of a *****!

Damn . . Ur a hustla . . I like that
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/roskiller
D*S Trucky
DS! DS! DS!
DS! DS! DS!
D*S Trucky

Number of posts : 5038
Vehicle : 91 s13 coupe

PostSubject: Re: IDK if this is really just cosmetic...   IDK if this is really just cosmetic... Icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2007, 4:15 am

Dope dude a vert w/ an sr man your doing big things...........
Back to top Go down
just Mike
Forum Frequenter
Forum Frequenter

Number of posts : 231
Vehicle : the usual

PostSubject: Re: IDK if this is really just cosmetic...   IDK if this is really just cosmetic... Icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2007, 8:46 am

Nice!!

are you gonna put the sil front on the vert too?
Back to top Go down
D*S Roski
DS! DS! DS!
DS! DS! DS!
D*S Roski

PostSubject: Re: IDK if this is really just cosmetic...   IDK if this is really just cosmetic... Icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2007, 9:51 am

He's clearly trading out the silvia front for pop ups . . Dur . .
Back to top Go down
Nachtmensch
whatever
whatever
Nachtmensch

Number of posts : 11764
Vehicle : MRS, IS350

PostSubject: Re: IDK if this is really just cosmetic...   IDK if this is really just cosmetic... Icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2007, 10:00 am

nice!

then sell the one car after you steal it's SR right? looking good man.
Back to top Go down
Rated240R
Official Chef
Official Chef
Rated240R

Number of posts : 666
Vehicle : 1991 Nissan 240sx

PostSubject: Re: IDK if this is really just cosmetic...   IDK if this is really just cosmetic... Icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2007, 10:02 am

Heh heh I am glad you finally got it! Now I can finally say that I caught Nackers looking at this car about 2 wks ago! He was like "don't tell anyone cuz I don't want anyone to get their hopes up!".
IDK how Red7 new about it though! I didn't tell anyone!
Back to top Go down
http://stores.ebay.com/Rated-R-Performance
Nackers
Post Enthusiast
Post Enthusiast
Nackers

PostSubject: Re: IDK if this is really just cosmetic...   IDK if this is really just cosmetic... Icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2007, 12:49 pm

Yea man, I was actually hoping you would have shown up yesterday when I was there to help push that bitch up onto the trailor Smile. It really wansn't a big deal to do it, but any help is good ya know.

Yes the Silvia front is going. Maybe later, but I'm just not sure I really like the Silvia front on the vert.

The hatch again is either gonna be sold next year with a running KA or with a non running SR (if worst comes to worst), be kept for a daily driver, or maybe built up a little bit for my g/f to start drifting. At least to show up to meets with. IDK.

The vert is in the same boat. Either sold with a running SR or a running KA or kept for a fun car/track car... IDK, we'll see.
Back to top Go down
D*S Roski
DS! DS! DS!
DS! DS! DS!
D*S Roski

PostSubject: Re: IDK if this is really just cosmetic...   IDK if this is really just cosmetic... Icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2007, 1:14 pm

I think the silvia front'll look hot as shit on the vert . .
Especially with that wing . .
Oh gawd . .
/jockin

That's just me tho
Back to top Go down
Nachtmensch
whatever
whatever
Nachtmensch

Number of posts : 11764
Vehicle : MRS, IS350

PostSubject: Re: IDK if this is really just cosmetic...   IDK if this is really just cosmetic... Icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2007, 2:07 pm

i agree with you, silvia front on vets looks bad. keep the pop-ups
Back to top Go down
tyler
Post Whore
Post Whore

Number of posts : 2227
Vehicle : s14

PostSubject: Re: IDK if this is really just cosmetic...   IDK if this is really just cosmetic... Icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2007, 4:09 pm

IDK if this is really just cosmetic... High-five-1

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Back to top Go down
Nackers
Post Enthusiast
Post Enthusiast
Nackers

PostSubject: Re: IDK if this is really just cosmetic...   IDK if this is really just cosmetic... Icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2007, 2:51 am

Well, little update. I forgot the battery pack for the digi cam at home so no pics. All that really got done today was the KA disasembly for pull then it came down to the motor mounts. These fuckers are on there so fuckin good, I stripped the left one and the right is starting to. 4 hours of letting JB Weld set and nothing. I'm sick of the shit so I went home for the night. Get to tackle it tommarow night @ 11... WEEEEEEEE... ugh...
Back to top Go down
D*S Dstar
D*S Dstar

Number of posts : 11254
Vehicle : RED SHARK V1-5, MOBY DICK.

PostSubject: Re: IDK if this is really just cosmetic...   IDK if this is really just cosmetic... Icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2007, 9:18 am

OOOooooohhhhhhhhhh..........this is good.
I like this. Any chance it will be running by this Saturday?
Back to top Go down
https://chicagoarea240sx.editboard.com
Nackers
Post Enthusiast
Post Enthusiast
Nackers

PostSubject: Re: IDK if this is really just cosmetic...   IDK if this is really just cosmetic... Icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2007, 1:59 pm

I really hope so... but not really pushing the vert since I need the hatch for a DD. If that KA gets out of the vert tonite the SR is going in the vert and the KA will be in the hatch. From there, its just hooking shit back up so... idk...

Everybody cross your fingers and wish me luck.
Back to top Go down
tyler
Post Whore
Post Whore

PostSubject: Re: IDK if this is really just cosmetic...   IDK if this is really just cosmetic... Icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2007, 2:10 pm

IDK if this is really just cosmetic... Cover-fonz

if you need any help, hit me up
Back to top Go down
Nackers
Post Enthusiast
Post Enthusiast
Nackers

PostSubject: Re: IDK if this is really just cosmetic...   IDK if this is really just cosmetic... Icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2007, 3:02 pm

Sure Tyler... if you wanna come out at like 11:30PM some night this week... I'll definatly give you a call Smile.
Back to top Go down
tyler
Post Whore
Post Whore

PostSubject: Re: IDK if this is really just cosmetic...   IDK if this is really just cosmetic... Icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2007, 3:36 pm

only night i'm busy is wednesday. pm me.
Back to top Go down
Nackers
Post Enthusiast
Post Enthusiast
Nackers

PostSubject: Re: IDK if this is really just cosmetic...   IDK if this is really just cosmetic... Icon_minitimeOctober 23rd 2007, 3:53 am

Another update. KA is out of the vert and sitting on the ground. Took the top nut off the motor mounts and did it that way. After getting the motor out we noticed that the left mount is done for so I have to get them out anyway. IDK exactly what I'm gonna do, but I'll get to it. Also, IDK why this is a growing trend around here but my left wheel's stud stripped out as well. Not really too worried about it since I need tires for the bitch I'm gonna take it to the shop and be like "Oh, thats horrible!!! What ever shall I do?" and see if they won't fix it.

I got my camera tonite so here are some pics.

IDK if this is really just cosmetic... SR-KAswapsDay310-22-07002
IDK if this is really just cosmetic... SR-KAswapsDay310-22-07003
IDK if this is really just cosmetic... SR-KAswapsDay310-22-07005
IDK if this is really just cosmetic... SR-KAswapsDay310-22-07014
IDK if this is really just cosmetic... SR-KAswapsDay310-22-07017
IDK if this is really just cosmetic... SR-KAswapsDay310-22-07020
And after taking out the KA, this shit is still low Smile.

IDK if this is really just cosmetic... SR-KAswapsDay310-22-07021
Back to top Go down
whiteazn1184
Established Member
Established Member
whiteazn1184

Number of posts : 582
Vehicle : 02 Subaru Wagon

PostSubject: Re: IDK if this is really just cosmetic...   IDK if this is really just cosmetic... Icon_minitimeOctober 23rd 2007, 10:13 am

damn man loooks good...
Back to top Go down
D*S Dstar
D*S Dstar

PostSubject: Re: IDK if this is really just cosmetic...   IDK if this is really just cosmetic... Icon_minitimeOctober 23rd 2007, 7:29 pm

Trucky says hes sorry but he wont be able to get those mounts out of the shell. Sorry. Sorry.
Back to top Go down
Nackers
Post Enthusiast
Post Enthusiast
Nackers

PostSubject: Re: IDK if this is really just cosmetic...   IDK if this is really just cosmetic... Icon_minitimeOctober 24th 2007, 2:28 am

Alright bad news tonite. Apparently I had some metal in my eye from last night and it just sat in there till I was at work. Bugged the shit out of me after I flushed it numerous times. Work sent me to the ER at 8:30. I left at 1:45. Fucking weak IMO.

So my eye got drowned, picked at, and drilled. This is freaking awesome... I'm a pirate! Where da honda's at?
Back to top Go down
D*S Dstar
D*S Dstar

PostSubject: Re: IDK if this is really just cosmetic...   IDK if this is really just cosmetic... Icon_minitimeOctober 24th 2007, 2:31 am

Aww dude. THat fucking sucks.
Back to top Go down
D*S Trucky
DS! DS! DS!
DS! DS! DS!
D*S Trucky

Number of posts : 5038
Vehicle : 91 s13 coupe

PostSubject: Re: IDK if this is really just cosmetic...   IDK if this is really just cosmetic... Icon_minitimeOctober 24th 2007, 3:25 am

WoW!!! Sounds painfull..........
Back to top Go down
whiteazn1184
Established Member
Established Member
whiteazn1184

Number of posts : 582
Vehicle : 02 Subaru Wagon

PostSubject: Re: IDK if this is really just cosmetic...   IDK if this is really just cosmetic... Icon_minitimeOctober 24th 2007, 9:26 am

man sorry to hear that... hopefully it wont stop you from coming to the meet...
Back to top Go down
Nackers
Post Enthusiast
Post Enthusiast
Nackers

PostSubject: Re: IDK if this is really just cosmetic...   IDK if this is really just cosmetic... Icon_minitimeOctober 24th 2007, 11:34 am

Eh, I'm not sure. Turns out I have to goto the doctor tommarow morning at 8 so I won't be working in the garage very late at all tonite. So with that, a freaking miracle must happen for me to get at least one of these cars done before Saturday. If that doesn't happen, I'll be bustin ass all weekend.

I have seriously underestimated this project. I never realized how much more work is involved with taking out the KA when you actually care about it. With my coupe I had taken the SR out, put another SR in to prove it started, then replaced my SR and drove the car home in the same day. Its now day 5 and the motors are going to hopefully be in there new homes tonite. In my defense, I've really only been working on the car for about 20 hours and most of that was all by my lonesome self Sad... HAHAHA. I need to start using the force or something.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IDK if this is really just cosmetic...   IDK if this is really just cosmetic... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

IDK if this is really just cosmetic...
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicago Area 240sx :: S Chassis Specific :: The Hangar-
Jump to: