Chicago Area 240sx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chicago Area 240sx

Since 2006.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

GT Homologation Special

Go down 
+19
D*S Tomy Guns
Matej
D*S Dave
Steve
RAD MIKE Circa 3006
mrkan
Maikeru
boost addict
YELLOW
Bliz Khalifa
D*S Homeboy.
energ
DAELEN
evanger
DJ Longdick
D*S Dstar
zenkimonstr
domdaaxe58
Nachtmensch
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
D*S Dstar
D*S Dstar

Number of posts : 11254
Vehicle : RED SHARK V1-5, MOBY DICK.

GT Homologation Special - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GT Homologation Special   GT Homologation Special - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2015, 8:15 pm

Dave said something funny that wasn't something he copied/heard someone say before?

Down is Up.
Right is Left.
Nothing makes sense anymore.
Back to top Go down
https://chicagoarea240sx.editboard.com
D*S Trucky
DS! DS! DS!
DS! DS! DS!
D*S Trucky

Number of posts : 5038
Vehicle : 91 s13 coupe

PostSubject: Re: GT Homologation Special   GT Homologation Special - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFebruary 27th 2015, 8:41 pm

Looking good Kevin.
Back to top Go down
Nachtmensch
whatever
whatever
Nachtmensch

Number of posts : 11764
Vehicle : MRS, IS350

PostSubject: Re: GT Homologation Special   GT Homologation Special - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2015, 2:15 am

Thanks guys.

I've been out of town, so I wasn't able to update this sooner. I got my mount kit in last week. Parts are slowly coming in.

GT Homologation Special - Page 7 2GR%20Mounts
Back to top Go down
evanger
Post Enthusiast
Post Enthusiast
evanger

Number of posts : 1299
Vehicle : AA63, S14

PostSubject: Re: GT Homologation Special   GT Homologation Special - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2015, 3:11 pm

I just realized how much I miss welding shit. Been too long.
Back to top Go down
Nachtmensch
whatever
whatever
Nachtmensch

PostSubject: Re: GT Homologation Special   GT Homologation Special - Page 7 Icon_minitimeApril 14th 2015, 6:25 pm

So uh... I bought some fiberglass.

GT Homologation Special - Page 7 GT300
The car is in the middle of a clutch job, so the ass end is up.
Back to top Go down
evanger
Post Enthusiast
Post Enthusiast
evanger

PostSubject: Re: GT Homologation Special   GT Homologation Special - Page 7 Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2015, 11:00 am

!!!
Back to top Go down
D*S Dstar
D*S Dstar

PostSubject: Re: GT Homologation Special   GT Homologation Special - Page 7 Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2015, 9:26 pm

This shit is going full crazy this season. Since we are not Instagram, let us hear what your doing with the exterior, colorwise, etc. It would be rad if you painted it the Autobacs Dayglo Orange just as a base. But mostly I just want to know what to envision here.
Back to top Go down
Nachtmensch
whatever
whatever
Nachtmensch

PostSubject: Re: GT Homologation Special   GT Homologation Special - Page 7 Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2015, 10:48 pm

Alrights, here's what's in my head. Toyota Super White base. Livery. Something between the Toy Story GT300 MRS and the Petronas GT500 SC430.

GT Homologation Special - Page 7 5677235495_2f7a046ccb_b
GT Homologation Special - Page 7 E8e70c58

Super GT number card. Different windshield banner. Looking for 17x9 17x10 wheel solutions. Ideally I want to find some Wedssport TC-005's, but they are nearly non-existant, especially in the sizes I want. The other option is 4x100 to 5x114.3 conversion spacers, but I don't know how those hold up on anything that sees the track.

Aero wise, the kit will be bolted up, smoothed out, and cut up to look right. The rear is a bit of a mess when out of the box, but no MR-S owner is smart enough to chop it up for the right look. People mess this kit up all the time.

In other news, The car is getting a LCD dash display. http://www.stackltd.com/st9918.html I get to design my own screens, which then go into the production version of the dash. This is currently my favorite 'street' screen that I designed from scratch. I should have the LCD dash tomorrow. I'll probably change colors around to match that Petronas green instead of having red.

GT Homologation Special - Page 7 Stack_st9918
GT Homologation Special - Page 7 A56caca6-11ab-4c86-aa8d-2777ee7415bd
Back to top Go down
evanger
Post Enthusiast
Post Enthusiast
evanger

PostSubject: Re: GT Homologation Special   GT Homologation Special - Page 7 Icon_minitimeApril 21st 2015, 2:37 pm

Reminds me of those PS1 F1 games. Looks good!
Back to top Go down
D*S Dstar
D*S Dstar

PostSubject: Re: GT Homologation Special   GT Homologation Special - Page 7 Icon_minitimeApril 21st 2015, 4:03 pm

Next level prototype shit.
Back to top Go down
Gaybaby
Forum Frequenter
Forum Frequenter
Gaybaby

Number of posts : 374

PostSubject: Re: GT Homologation Special   GT Homologation Special - Page 7 Icon_minitimeApril 21st 2015, 4:27 pm

Holy shit.

Are there no 5x114 swaps available for the MR-S?
Back to top Go down
Bliz Khalifa
Established Member
Established Member
Bliz Khalifa

Number of posts : 886

PostSubject: Re: GT Homologation Special   GT Homologation Special - Page 7 Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2015, 10:13 am

I......want that dash.. will be in touch when time comes.
Back to top Go down
http://itsmanpink.wordpress.com
Nachtmensch
whatever
whatever
Nachtmensch

PostSubject: Re: GT Homologation Special   GT Homologation Special - Page 7 Icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2015, 2:24 pm

Thanks guys. I'm super excited to get the LCD and work with our engineering team on further development.

Tonight/tomorrow I plan to get the car up and running. I will also be working on configuring the LCD. I think I have most of my configuration sorted out, but I'm unsure on some stuff.
Back to top Go down
Nachtmensch
whatever
whatever
Nachtmensch

PostSubject: Re: GT Homologation Special   GT Homologation Special - Page 7 Icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2015, 8:52 pm

This car is getting increasingly dumb. I'm in the process of making a bezel essentially from scratch.

GT Homologation Special - Page 7 11081267_10100245203274437_589759847548142198_n

Oh, and it got a Centerforce clutch, which is less exciting right now. Still stoked to try it out because it feels so light.

GT Homologation Special - Page 7 IMG_0014
Back to top Go down
D*S Dave
DS! DS! DS!
DS! DS! DS!
D*S Dave

Number of posts : 3128
Vehicle : Nostromo

PostSubject: Re: GT Homologation Special   GT Homologation Special - Page 7 Icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2015, 10:16 pm

Woah! That shit looks way cool!
Back to top Go down
Nachtmensch
whatever
whatever
Nachtmensch

PostSubject: Re: GT Homologation Special   GT Homologation Special - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMay 26th 2015, 11:35 pm

Here's an update for you dudes. The car is currently waiting a tune and I still need to figure out why It stumbles but wont start. I think it's related to not seeing the wideband sensor. I have some wiring to check over, but I may just use a Stack wideband to supply signal to the AEM. Much easier for me to figure out.

Here's whats going on aero wise. I'm currently fitting the body in between rain storms. I have two panels that are nearly finished. Gaps look passable for a race car, we'll see how much I actually care when I start closing them up a little.

The street Bandoh aero kit isn't exactly what I wanted, but I can get the car there with some re-skinning. Fitted, you'll see some curvature to the sides of the quarters and the fenders. I want to eliminate that and make them flat, truer to the GT300 car the kit is modeled after. I am also re-raidiusing the wheel arches and moving them way up. This gets rid of the weird looking giant flat panel.

Panels on
GT Homologation Special - Page 7 IMG_5902

Ugly wrinkles on the out side
GT Homologation Special - Page 7 IMG_5900

Much better
GT Homologation Special - Page 7 IMG_5908

Here's the GT300 car I am modeling the panels after and the ultimate goal in mind
GT Homologation Special - Page 7 300_12

Back to top Go down
D*S Dave
DS! DS! DS!
DS! DS! DS!
D*S Dave

PostSubject: Re: GT Homologation Special   GT Homologation Special - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMay 26th 2015, 11:40 pm

Fuck.

You're gonna need a hardtop.
Back to top Go down
Nachtmensch
whatever
whatever
Nachtmensch

PostSubject: Re: GT Homologation Special   GT Homologation Special - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMay 26th 2015, 11:44 pm

Now, on to the subject about wheels. I have been racking my brain trying to come up with a way to fit some 17's or 18's on the thing. With some measurements, it looks like 18x10 +25 will fit in the rear reasonably well. The trouble is finding them in 4x100. Simple answer: they don't exist.

The more complex answer is how to I bring a MR-S 4x100 to 5x114, or 5x100, or anything other than 4x100? Some of my past research that I ran into again solved this, kind of. 00-05 Celica hubs are 5x100 and they are a direct fit for the MR-S. One problem, I haven't found brakes that will fit with my calipers. So, not wanting to continue down this rabbit hole any further than I have (a bit late to say now, huh?), I will have the MR-S rotors redrilled until I come up with a better long term plan. This costs me about $350 plus rotor machining to go 5 lug, not bad.

With all of that MR-S nonsense out of the way, I am currently investigating wheel options. As much as I would LOVE a set of TC-005's, I can't seem to come across them anywhere. I am looking at the TC-105n offerings as of late, but that may change again.

Oh, and I'm taking the IS350 to Gridlife because I couldn't seem to finish the MR-S in time. At least I'll be comfy ripping around the track.
Back to top Go down
Nachtmensch
whatever
whatever
Nachtmensch

PostSubject: Re: GT Homologation Special   GT Homologation Special - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMay 26th 2015, 11:46 pm

D*S Dave wrote:
Fuck.

You're gonna need a hardtop.
It's been on my mind for some time, but the $2000-2500 asking price hurts. The widebody won't look right without it though.
Back to top Go down
D*S Dave
DS! DS! DS!
DS! DS! DS!
D*S Dave

PostSubject: Re: GT Homologation Special   GT Homologation Special - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMay 26th 2015, 11:54 pm

TC005 is such a cool wheel. As far as adapters go, you should be fine. Probably overthinking that route dude. All the BRZed drift dudes run them no? Take the panties off, strap your belt on tight and get it done fucker.
Back to top Go down
D*S Dstar
D*S Dstar

PostSubject: Re: GT Homologation Special   GT Homologation Special - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMay 27th 2015, 12:00 am

I would just do bolt on spacer conversions. But thats just me.
Back to top Go down
Nachtmensch
whatever
whatever
Nachtmensch

PostSubject: Re: GT Homologation Special   GT Homologation Special - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMay 27th 2015, 12:43 am

D*S Dave wrote:
TC005 is such a cool wheel. As far as adapters go, you should be fine. Probably overthinking that route dude. All the BRZed drift dudes run them no? Take the panties off, strap your belt on tight and get it done fucker.
Yeah, but they run 5 lug to 5 lug. Circuit sports makes an adapter for these and they're only like $95 dollars. I looked into 4 to 5 lug adapters and they tend to be for VW's or cars that have wheel bolts, not wheel studs. Plus, once I finally do something about that V6 sitting in the garage, having more studs there is not a bad thing. I'm nearly doubling my torque when that thing goes in.

Plus the 4 to 5 lug spacers are like $200 a piece. May as well actually be 5 lug for the same money.
Back to top Go down
Nachtmensch
whatever
whatever
Nachtmensch

PostSubject: Re: GT Homologation Special   GT Homologation Special - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMay 27th 2015, 12:49 am

Oh, and here's a shitty rendering I did of how I'm going to cut the rear bumper and the vents when I get there. I spent all of 3 minutes making this.

GT Homologation Special - Page 7 8776aac4-1b4c-49d8-a5e5-23c0b07a5c28
Back to top Go down
Bliz Khalifa
Established Member
Established Member
Bliz Khalifa

Number of posts : 886

PostSubject: Re: GT Homologation Special   GT Homologation Special - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMay 27th 2015, 9:26 am

This is all really cool! I can't wait to see this
Back to top Go down
http://itsmanpink.wordpress.com
Nachtmensch
whatever
whatever
Nachtmensch

PostSubject: Re: GT Homologation Special   GT Homologation Special - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMay 27th 2015, 1:58 pm

Thanks for all of the good vibes. This all came from the idea of putting the V6 in the car and spiraled from there.

"I'll need more tire."
"May as well do widebody"
"Well shit, I need 5 lug"
"This won't look right without a hardtop."

And now have too much going on with it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GT Homologation Special   GT Homologation Special - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GT Homologation Special
Page 7 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next