Chicago Area 240sx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chicago Area 240sx

Since 2006.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

there goes my turbo...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
k c
Established Member
Established Member

Number of posts : 746
Vehicle : CTA BRO

there goes my turbo... Empty
PostSubject: there goes my turbo...   there goes my turbo... Icon_minitimeMarch 18th 2007, 2:35 am

I drove my car yesterday, semi-hard, and i started to see whitebluish smoke (oil) coming from my exhaust at a stop. It happened atleast around 30-40% of the time after max boost (7psi) at idle, so it doesn't happen all the time. The car still boosts to max psi but sometimes feel slightly slower. Might be the turbo or just after it. Do you guys recommend to just replace the seals or just get another t25?

I'm going to get it checked at tf or ams in the next week or so to make sure BUT SIGH Crying or Very sad why now....

Who has a t25 lying around?
Back to top Go down
Specter
WALLA WALLA WASHINGTON!!!!!!!!
WALLA WALLA WASHINGTON!!!!!!!!
Specter

Number of posts : 2505
Vehicle : '89 Piggy Coupe

PostSubject: Re: there goes my turbo...   there goes my turbo... Icon_minitimeMarch 18th 2007, 12:40 pm

Paul [aka Adikt] on club FR has one
Back to top Go down
FusionR300zx
Post Whore
Post Whore
FusionR300zx

Number of posts : 3248
Vehicle : 1997 240sx 1993 300zx 2+2

PostSubject: Re: there goes my turbo...   there goes my turbo... Icon_minitimeMarch 18th 2007, 1:13 pm

i might have mine out in a while. but i'm assuming u need it now
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/aricwithana
k c
Established Member
Established Member

PostSubject: Re: there goes my turbo...   there goes my turbo... Icon_minitimeMarch 18th 2007, 8:06 pm

not now, in a week or so i have to get it checked out, my turbo might still be good and it might jus be the seals
Back to top Go down
Nackers
Post Enthusiast
Post Enthusiast
Nackers

Number of posts : 1609
Vehicle : 03 350z and 89 Hatch

PostSubject: Re: there goes my turbo...   there goes my turbo... Icon_minitimeMarch 18th 2007, 10:00 pm

Really it could be a few differnt things,

Valve seals
Piston rings
Turbo

Thoes are the only 3 things I can think of off hand that would be most likely to cause that. You could try to unhook your hot pipe before the intercooler and see if there is a lot of oil in there. If there is, I'd suggest if you have your valve cover vent tube still hooked to your intake (pre turbo) you should unhook it, block off the intake, and route the hose to a catch can. If you still have the smoke I would do a leak down test to make sure the rings are still sealing good. If its good, I would eliminate the valve seals and the rings, then look at the turbo.

If the smoke is gone however after unhooking that hoes, I would think either the valve seals or just an over build up of oil going to the intake and either way, I would keep the catch can permantly and also go through your whole intake (intake pre turbo, post turbo, intercooler) and clean it out really good.
Back to top Go down
http://nackersdrift.com
k c
Established Member
Established Member

PostSubject: Re: there goes my turbo...   there goes my turbo... Icon_minitimeMarch 18th 2007, 10:12 pm

Nackers wrote:
Really it could be a few differnt things,

Valve seals
Piston rings
Turbo

Thoes are the only 3 things I can think of off hand that would be most likely to cause that. You could try to unhook your hot pipe before the intercooler and see if there is a lot of oil in there. If there is, I'd suggest if you have your valve cover vent tube still hooked to your intake (pre turbo) you should unhook it, block off the intake, and route the hose to a catch can. If you still have the smoke I would do a leak down test to make sure the rings are still sealing good. If its good, I would eliminate the valve seals and the rings, then look at the turbo.

If the smoke is gone however after unhooking that hoes, I would think either the valve seals or just an over build up of oil going to the intake and either way, I would keep the catch can permantly and also go through your whole intake (intake pre turbo, post turbo, intercooler) and clean it out really good.

i'll be on that, thanks alot
Back to top Go down
Nackers
Post Enthusiast
Post Enthusiast
Nackers

Number of posts : 1609
Vehicle : 03 350z and 89 Hatch

PostSubject: Re: there goes my turbo...   there goes my turbo... Icon_minitimeMarch 18th 2007, 10:30 pm

Yea no problem.

Heh, I said "Hoes"...
Back to top Go down
http://nackersdrift.com
574-240sx
Fucking Noob
Fucking Noob

Number of posts : 31
Vehicle : SC and a few 240s

PostSubject: Re: there goes my turbo...   there goes my turbo... Icon_minitimeMarch 21st 2007, 3:40 am

When I use to let my KA-T 240 sit for more then a month it would smoke at a stop and it would clear up after I tapped the gas. I figured it was the oil seal. It would clear up after a few days of driving it. Pop off the intake and check for shaft play. Its a T25 you can find them for cheap all the time.
Back to top Go down
k c
Established Member
Established Member

PostSubject: Re: there goes my turbo...   there goes my turbo... Icon_minitimeApril 19th 2007, 2:56 pm

alright update. got a compression test

140 on all 4 (too low?)

leak down test looks like on 90psi
#1 85
#2 83
#3 84
#4 84

so less than 8% leakage on all

I'm going to clean the intake and maybe get a catch can, i heard the littlest amount oil can create ALOT of smoke, is that true? then yea save up and replace the t25 with prolly s15 turbo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: there goes my turbo...   there goes my turbo... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

there goes my turbo...
Page 1 of 1