Chicago Area 240sx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chicago Area 240sx

Since 2006.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Anyone Good With Electrical?

Go down 
+3
whiteazn1184
Dirty Dee
Rated240R
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Rated240R
Official Chef
Official Chef
Rated240R

Number of posts : 666
Vehicle : 1991 Nissan 240sx

Anyone Good With Electrical? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone Good With Electrical?   Anyone Good With Electrical? Icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2007, 9:56 am

OK I have a major problem. I installed a walbro and forgot to disconnect the Rev Hard in line pump and the juice that both of these take caused my car to run like shit at first but then completely shut down after 10 min.
I found out by using a test light that I have a short that is affecting the EGI relay.

I am not good with problems like this and have limited patience.

Is there anyone on this forum that is good with sh*t like this and would be willing to come out and fix the problem?

At this point I would be willing to pay or trade services.
I have got to get this fixed ASAP!

Call me @ 773-567-5224

Thanks

Angel
Back to top Go down
http://stores.ebay.com/Rated-R-Performance
Dirty Dee
Post Whore
Post Whore
Dirty Dee

Number of posts : 3781
Vehicle : 2012 WRX

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Good With Electrical?   Anyone Good With Electrical? Icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2007, 11:53 am

Is the short just in a wire?
Back to top Go down
Rated240R
Official Chef
Official Chef
Rated240R

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Good With Electrical?   Anyone Good With Electrical? Icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2007, 2:55 pm

Dirty Dee wrote:
Is the short just in a wire?

Gotta be. I could smell the burn after the ten minutes. Ignition won't shut down unless I ground it out.

example: I turn the car off and pull the key out and the brake light turns on. ??? Figured out that the ignition isn't fully off. I started to check fuses. When I touched the first fuse, the ignition turned off and the brake light was gone. WTF?!? Hence the short!

HELP!!!
Back to top Go down
whiteazn1184
Established Member
Established Member
whiteazn1184

Number of posts : 582
Vehicle : 02 Subaru Wagon

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Good With Electrical?   Anyone Good With Electrical? Icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2007, 3:33 pm

hey this mite be kinda off topic... did ur alarm had fuel cut off
Back to top Go down
Rated240R
Official Chef
Official Chef
Rated240R

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Good With Electrical?   Anyone Good With Electrical? Icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2007, 5:34 pm

This is 240 tech right?

No, not the alarm!
Back to top Go down
Specter
WALLA WALLA WASHINGTON!!!!!!!!
Specter

Number of posts : 2505
Vehicle : '89 Piggy Coupe

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Good With Electrical?   Anyone Good With Electrical? Icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2007, 5:56 pm

i am unfortunatlly

[three semesters in automotive electronics and 2 more in highschool]

i could come out sat if you provide gas money and food
Back to top Go down
Rated240R
Official Chef
Official Chef
Rated240R

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Good With Electrical?   Anyone Good With Electrical? Icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2007, 7:02 pm

Absolutely Specter! I got ya covered! What time?
Back to top Go down
Specter
Specter

Number of posts : 2505
Vehicle : '89 Piggy Coupe

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Good With Electrical?   Anyone Good With Electrical? Icon_minitimeMarch 2nd 2007, 12:24 pm

well i'm feeling a bit under the weather right now, so sat might not be the best. however the more i read what you said happened makes me think you've shorted [by melting the wires] a large number of them in the same harness to eachother and to ground.

best bet at this point is start pulling the interior out and look for the melted part of the rear harness.
Back to top Go down
Rated240R
Official Chef
Official Chef
Rated240R

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Good With Electrical?   Anyone Good With Electrical? Icon_minitimeMarch 2nd 2007, 1:38 pm

Specter wrote:
well i'm feeling a bit under the weather right now, so sat might not be the best. however the more i read what you said happened makes me think you've shorted [by melting the wires] a large number of them in the same harness to eachother and to ground.

best bet at this point is start pulling the interior out and look for the melted part of the rear harness.

rear harness?

Yeah started to look for wires by tearin the interior apart but I thought there should be a more simple way of doing this?!?

I was lookin around and couldn't find anything so far.....

I know its melted wires though......
Back to top Go down
whiteazn1184
Established Member
Established Member
whiteazn1184

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Good With Electrical?   Anyone Good With Electrical? Icon_minitimeMarch 3rd 2007, 2:00 am

hey angel do u have digital volt meter
Back to top Go down
Rated240R
Official Chef
Official Chef
Rated240R

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Good With Electrical?   Anyone Good With Electrical? Icon_minitimeMarch 3rd 2007, 11:20 am

Nope.....been usin a test light so far. Narrowed it down a little.
Back to top Go down
tyler
Post Whore
Post Whore

Number of posts : 2227
Vehicle : s14

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Good With Electrical?   Anyone Good With Electrical? Icon_minitimeMarch 3rd 2007, 10:08 pm

sucks about the mishap. i hear ya man... i HATE electrical. keep us posted when you find the problem. hopefully its not too bad.
Back to top Go down
Nackers
Post Enthusiast
Post Enthusiast
Nackers

Number of posts : 1609
Vehicle : 03 350z and 89 Hatch

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Good With Electrical?   Anyone Good With Electrical? Icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2007, 11:40 pm

If you were closer or I had more time, I'd come out and try to help. Hopefully you get it figured out soon Smile.
Back to top Go down
http://nackersdrift.com
davidricardo86
Light Duty Poster
Light Duty Poster
davidricardo86

Number of posts : 160
Vehicle : 92 S13 SE Coupe

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Good With Electrical?   Anyone Good With Electrical? Icon_minitimeMarch 6th 2007, 7:00 pm

Check the ignition wiring. Also check the brake light wiring. Get a wiring diagram and mark and trace the path of the wire(s) and where it goes throughout the car. Id test out the ignition switch and see if its working correctly in all positions using a pin out diagram. Check for ground and power on both sides of the wiring. Check to see if any of these are shorting to power or to ground. Its possible that something isnt being grounded and wont be till you remove the short, similar to what youre saying. Id suggest you also get a DVOM and check for excessive resistance in some of these circuits. Id download a Factory Service Manual or check something else like All-data or Mitchels.
Back to top Go down
Rated240R
Official Chef
Official Chef
Rated240R

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Good With Electrical?   Anyone Good With Electrical? Icon_minitimeMarch 9th 2007, 5:36 pm

davidricardo86 wrote:
Check the ignition wiring. Also check the brake light wiring. Get a wiring diagram and mark and trace the path of the wire(s) and where it goes throughout the car. Id test out the ignition switch and see if its working correctly in all positions using a pin out diagram. Check for ground and power on both sides of the wiring. Check to see if any of these are shorting to power or to ground. Its possible that something isnt being grounded and wont be till you remove the short, similar to what youre saying. Id suggest you also get a DVOM and check for excessive resistance in some of these circuits. Id download a Factory Service Manual or check something else like All-data or Mitchels.

Yeah, thanks for the advice. I know "how" tp find the short, I just hate how time consuming it is! Sad

I have been back tracing some of the wires and so far no luck! I will keep everyone posted.

But the offer still stands....If anyone can come out here and take care of this I will gladly pay for your time!! Please help!
Back to top Go down
davidricardo86
Light Duty Poster
Light Duty Poster
davidricardo86

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Good With Electrical?   Anyone Good With Electrical? Icon_minitimeMarch 11th 2007, 7:38 pm

Where do you live at?
Back to top Go down
Rated240R
Official Chef
Official Chef
Rated240R

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Good With Electrical?   Anyone Good With Electrical? Icon_minitimeMarch 12th 2007, 12:38 pm

NW side of Chicago.

Well got a couple hours to work on it and started to take the dash apart...
Firgured since I had it apart I might as well change my gauge pod to the jdm one I had bought a while ago. Started to look at the wiring but found nothing. Anywho, tried to start it without the pod in and the car started with no problem! Ran it for bout 20 min and still fine. Plugged the gauge pod back in and the problem came back. This, I think, tells me that its probably in the wiring behind the dash!! F@#$! I really don't want to take it all apart!
Back to top Go down
whiteazn1184
Established Member
Established Member
whiteazn1184

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Good With Electrical?   Anyone Good With Electrical? Icon_minitimeMarch 13th 2007, 12:27 am

u didnt really buy that cluster... i payed u with it for that good job... and dont be lazy... take that dash out
Back to top Go down
davidricardo86
Light Duty Poster
Light Duty Poster
davidricardo86

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Good With Electrical?   Anyone Good With Electrical? Icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2007, 2:24 am

Are you using any wiring diagrams? I would.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Good With Electrical?   Anyone Good With Electrical? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone Good With Electrical?
Page 1 of 1