Chicago Area 240sx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chicago Area 240sx

Since 2006.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Water Temp Gauge install

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Brad Feinstein
Fucking Noob
Fucking Noob

Number of posts : 82

Water Temp Gauge install Empty
PostSubject: Water Temp Gauge install   Water Temp Gauge install Icon_minitimeAugust 18th 2010, 1:24 pm

I been trying to put in this damn temp gauge for about a month now. I had a T fitting that went in the radiator hose but the dumbass I keep bringing it to cant seem to weld it so it doesnt leak. Now today I was looking for a stock location and saw that there are 2 sensors right under the intake next to the engine. I'm wondering if I can use one of these instead, but im not sure which one is for the stock water temp gauge and which one is for the ecu.
Back to top Go down
Bliz Khalifa
Established Member
Established Member
Bliz Khalifa

Number of posts : 886

PostSubject: Re: Water Temp Gauge install   Water Temp Gauge install Icon_minitimeAugust 18th 2010, 1:43 pm

Ka? Sr? RB? EL ES JUAN?
Back to top Go down
http://itsmanpink.wordpress.com
Brad Feinstein
Fucking Noob
Fucking Noob

PostSubject: Re: Water Temp Gauge install   Water Temp Gauge install Icon_minitimeAugust 18th 2010, 1:45 pm

lol...whoops its an SR
Back to top Go down
Bliz Khalifa
Established Member
Established Member
Bliz Khalifa

Number of posts : 886

PostSubject: Re: Water Temp Gauge install   Water Temp Gauge install Icon_minitimeAugust 18th 2010, 1:53 pm

The SR has 2 coolant temp sensors. They sit right next to each other on a little piece of aluminum bolted to the intake side of the head. they are located below the intakle manifold and under the #1 runner. There is a single prong spade type connector sensor closest to the cyl head. this is the one for the gauge. the car will run fine with this disconnected...but you will have no temp gauge. You can try that? next to this single pin sensor there is a 2 pin sensor about 1" away. The is the Engine Coolant Temp sensor. This one tells the ECU what the temp of the engine is so that the ECU can select the proper fuel enrichment for cold startup operation.

Im not 100% sure if it will work. Im leaning towards no. But that one is the one that wont affect it.
Back to top Go down
http://itsmanpink.wordpress.com
Brad Feinstein
Fucking Noob
Fucking Noob

PostSubject: Re: Water Temp Gauge install   Water Temp Gauge install Icon_minitimeAugust 18th 2010, 8:09 pm

alright cool. I think the one on the right is way too small, but i'll check it out tomorow. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Water Temp Gauge install   Water Temp Gauge install Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Water Temp Gauge install
Page 1 of 1