Chicago Area 240sx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chicago Area 240sx

Since 2006.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Fuel issue or timing?? help?

Go down 
+3
altavelocidad
D*S Roski
xxcrashxx XI
7 posters
AuthorMessage
xxcrashxx XI
Fucking Noob
Fucking Noob
xxcrashxx XI

Number of posts : 52
Vehicle : 93 nissan 240sx

Fuel issue or timing?? help? Empty
PostSubject: Fuel issue or timing?? help?   Fuel issue or timing?? help? Icon_minitimeSeptember 21st 2009, 11:09 am

so this morning i went to drive my friend home and the car started perfectly fine and i'm about 4 blocks away from my house and the car bogged out at 2k or 2100 but it ended up dieing on me i tried to clutch in and give a lil rev to keep it up but wouldn't do anything.

so i sat for about 2 fucking hours scratching my head checking spark plugs wires even the tension on my alternator belt b/c i just had an issue on my way home from MSU and my alternator bolt loosened itself out. thus almost snapping my belt from being WAY TOO LOOSE.

But other than the alternator issue idk whats going on. i reset my battery for 5min plus and then tried starting it without giving it any gas and no luck. so then i gave it a third of gas and it sputtered a little bit. so im like wtf. i give it all gas and then it starts up and idles b/t 700 and 800.

I end up getting it home thankfully but when i got it to my street i gave it some gas b/c i know i don't baby my car i like to give it gas time to time. it ended up backfiring HARDCORE at like 5500 and sputtered and bogged almost as if it was going to die again and i pushed the clutch it and rev'd it up and it stayed rolling.

Now i know this is just a lot of bullshit maybe if you guys have had similar issues it would b easy to figure it out. i have a feeling it could b a fuel pump issue, a fuel filter issue(even tho its 2 months old) possibly timing could b off. i removed emissions so its running rich. i honestly don't know what to think and after it not starting for the 2 hours i brought it home shut it off and the fucker started up like normal.

PLEASE if anyone can just give me some where to start with, point me in the right direction. i just had 4 straight weeks of working on the car and i do not have the money to be replacing everything. i just did that with my suspension so im kinda stuck.

Sorry for the long post
Back to top Go down
xxcrashxx XI
Fucking Noob
Fucking Noob
xxcrashxx XI

PostSubject: Re: Fuel issue or timing?? help?   Fuel issue or timing?? help? Icon_minitimeSeptember 21st 2009, 2:14 pm

http://www.nicoclub.com/articles.php?id=160218
http://www.nicoclub.com/articles.php?id=160219

mind everyone i also use this site as much as i can i just don't want to get the motor to tdc and start taking shit off tryin to troubleshoot for hours and hours of not accomplishing anything but snapping a bolt or two b/c nissan bolts suck.....

i've looked pretty far and read a bunch of shit i might have came to a conclusion that its an injector....... thumb down
Back to top Go down
D*S Roski
DS! DS! DS!
DS! DS! DS!
D*S Roski

Number of posts : 3911
Vehicle : g35

PostSubject: Re: Fuel issue or timing?? help?   Fuel issue or timing?? help? Icon_minitimeSeptember 21st 2009, 6:42 pm

you forgot. ..

to say. . .

peace
Fuel issue or timing?? help? 156
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/roskiller
altavelocidad
Forum Frequenter
Forum Frequenter
altavelocidad

Number of posts : 355
Vehicle : 1991 240sx fastback sr20det part 2

PostSubject: Re: Fuel issue or timing?? help?   Fuel issue or timing?? help? Icon_minitimeSeptember 21st 2009, 6:45 pm

Fuel issues are nasty. Youll have to check your fuel pump and its small filter, your fuel filter up front, injectors and I still would not rule out your alternator having gone bad. Have it tested before you do anything else.
Back to top Go down
xxcrashxx XI
Fucking Noob
Fucking Noob
xxcrashxx XI

PostSubject: Re: Fuel issue or timing?? help?   Fuel issue or timing?? help? Icon_minitimeSeptember 21st 2009, 7:30 pm

roski do u even know shit or do u just sit on the computer like some fat fuck and piss people off when they have issues? if you dont have anything to say to help me than dont say shit b/c ull get replies like this.
altavelocidad i thank u for just stating the simplest of shit nething helps right now im testing the TPS sensor and puting it to tdc to see if it jumped timing. i havent ruled out the alternator b/c anything electrical can make the car do stupid shit. im going to leave fuel to b the last case b/c its sending fuel and its igniting just having issues staying that way.

now i read something on how the tps can serve almost like a fuel cut when there is an issue, so what im doing is going to order a new one and slap that bitch on.

would anyone know whats the easiest way to check the fuel pump?
Back to top Go down
altavelocidad
Forum Frequenter
Forum Frequenter
altavelocidad

Number of posts : 355
Vehicle : 1991 240sx fastback sr20det part 2

PostSubject: Re: Fuel issue or timing?? help?   Fuel issue or timing?? help? Icon_minitimeSeptember 21st 2009, 9:58 pm

pull it out and check your lines. Change the filter and seal while you have it open.
Back to top Go down
gOtPUrPL3
Post Enthusiast
Post Enthusiast
gOtPUrPL3

Number of posts : 1493
Vehicle : 240sx

PostSubject: Re: Fuel issue or timing?? help?   Fuel issue or timing?? help? Icon_minitimeSeptember 21st 2009, 10:07 pm

fuel pressure gauge
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/xdabsx
LeMoine
Forum Frequenter
Forum Frequenter
LeMoine

Number of posts : 456

PostSubject: Re: Fuel issue or timing?? help?   Fuel issue or timing?? help? Icon_minitimeSeptember 22nd 2009, 7:05 pm

roski wrote:
you forgot. ..

to say. . .

peace
Hahahahahahaha
Back to top Go down
D*S Trucky
DS! DS! DS!
DS! DS! DS!
D*S Trucky

Number of posts : 5038
Vehicle : 91 s13 coupe

PostSubject: Re: Fuel issue or timing?? help?   Fuel issue or timing?? help? Icon_minitimeSeptember 22nd 2009, 8:25 pm

LeMoine wrote:
roski wrote:
you forgot. ..

to say. . .

peace
Hahahahahahaha

HAHAHAHAHAHAH
Back to top Go down
DJ Longdick
DS! DS! DS!
DS! DS! DS!
DJ Longdick

Number of posts : 4358
Vehicle : D*Squad 86

PostSubject: Re: Fuel issue or timing?? help?   Fuel issue or timing?? help? Icon_minitimeSeptember 22nd 2009, 8:30 pm

Master Trucky wrote:
LeMoine wrote:
roski wrote:
you forgot. ..

to say. . .

peace
Hahahahahahaha

HAHAHAHAHAHAH

lol
Back to top Go down
xxcrashxx XI
Fucking Noob
Fucking Noob
xxcrashxx XI

PostSubject: Re: Fuel issue or timing?? help?   Fuel issue or timing?? help? Icon_minitimeSeptember 22nd 2009, 8:46 pm

yea i took a multimeter to all my shit grounded some wires and found out that it was a wire that got pinched somehow and was frayed pretty badly. but yea shits good but now gotta fix overheating issues i just think its as simple as a thermostat
Back to top Go down
xxcrashxx XI
Fucking Noob
Fucking Noob
xxcrashxx XI

PostSubject: Re: Fuel issue or timing?? help?   Fuel issue or timing?? help? Icon_minitimeSeptember 22nd 2009, 8:49 pm

Spoiler:
fuck u guys do something better with ur life instead of reposting

Spoiler tag NSFW pics next time or its a ban brosophecles
Back to top Go down
D*S Trucky
DS! DS! DS!
DS! DS! DS!
D*S Trucky

Number of posts : 5038
Vehicle : 91 s13 coupe

PostSubject: Re: Fuel issue or timing?? help?   Fuel issue or timing?? help? Icon_minitimeSeptember 22nd 2009, 9:03 pm

I love the internet....
Back to top Go down
xxcrashxx XI
Fucking Noob
Fucking Noob
xxcrashxx XI

PostSubject: Re: Fuel issue or timing?? help?   Fuel issue or timing?? help? Icon_minitimeSeptember 22nd 2009, 9:39 pm

HAHAHAAHAAHAHAA
Back to top Go down
xxcrashxx XI
Fucking Noob
Fucking Noob
xxcrashxx XI

PostSubject: Re: Fuel issue or timing?? help?   Fuel issue or timing?? help? Icon_minitimeSeptember 23rd 2009, 1:24 am

o and to update everyone the guy who owned the car b4 had the injector wiring messed up alil and since i fixed that one wire the car starts everytime and doesnt sputter or nething its pretty sweet lol
Back to top Go down
xxcrashxx XI
Fucking Noob
Fucking Noob
xxcrashxx XI

PostSubject: Re: Fuel issue or timing?? help?   Fuel issue or timing?? help? Icon_minitimeSeptember 23rd 2009, 1:25 am

I love using a multimeter lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fuel issue or timing?? help?   Fuel issue or timing?? help? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fuel issue or timing?? help?
Page 1 of 1