Chicago Area 240sx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chicago Area 240sx

Since 2006.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

door issues. help???

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
megaderk
Light Duty Poster
Light Duty Poster

Number of posts : 119
Vehicle : '90 coupe

door issues.  help??? Empty
PostSubject: door issues. help???   door issues.  help??? Icon_minitimeDecember 24th 2008, 11:02 pm

i need this fixed asap. im goin up to michigan till friday or saturday in 2 hours. i drove earlier today and the car was fine and everything. that was around noonish i suppose.

well about an hour ago i went out to my 240 to go up to the gas station an my door was alittle frozen n stuck a slight amount but nothing bad at all, i pull it open n get in and go to close my door and it bounces right back open... so i spend the next 10 mins slamming and trying to close my door n it continuing to do the same thing over... and over... and over.. and over again...

its done it once before a few weeks ago when it was frigid cold out but it closed after a few tries. this time i cant close it at all. i decided to try letting my car warm up n maybe the warm air would do something, but didnt...

i cant even drive it cuz i gotta hold the door closed and the autobelt goes all spastic n wont stay on n driving one handed in the snow n ice is a bad idea too

this hapen to anyone else before?
anyone know a fix?
im at a loss with this one right now other then an idea would be that the cold is screwing with the mechanism and making it stick.
Back to top Go down
Dirty Dee
Post Whore
Post Whore
Dirty Dee

Number of posts : 3781
Vehicle : 2012 WRX

PostSubject: Re: door issues. help???   door issues.  help??? Icon_minitimeDecember 24th 2008, 11:12 pm

check the spot on the door where it has the locking mechanism, the one that locked the door to the chassis. Check to see that it isn't seized and try to lubricate it.
Back to top Go down
mikey z
Forum Frequenter
Forum Frequenter

Number of posts : 317
Vehicle : Chevy Trailblazer, Audi A4

PostSubject: Re: door issues. help???   door issues.  help??? Icon_minitimeDecember 24th 2008, 11:14 pm

weirddddd, i just went to move my car and the EXACT same thing is happening. i just left it chillin lol, hopefully no one breaks in.

i have to clue what to do
Back to top Go down
djexpo
Forum Frequenter
Forum Frequenter
djexpo

Number of posts : 452
Vehicle : 89 240sx Coupe

PostSubject: Re: door issues. help???   door issues.  help??? Icon_minitimeDecember 25th 2008, 4:16 pm

yea that shit happened to me last week. it finally just closed after a few times, but i dont suggest slamming it too many times
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/dj_expo
megaderk
Light Duty Poster
Light Duty Poster

Number of posts : 119
Vehicle : '90 coupe

PostSubject: Re: door issues. help???   door issues.  help??? Icon_minitimeDecember 27th 2008, 12:32 am

i ended up giving up and put it in the garage and went on the trip.
got back from michigan just a few hours ago, its warmed up a bit around here.
opened the garage and it shut right away.

damn this cold weather...
Back to top Go down
SIMON
Post Whore
Post Whore
SIMON

Number of posts : 2058

PostSubject: Re: door issues. help???   door issues.  help??? Icon_minitimeDecember 27th 2008, 12:38 am

mikey z wrote:
weirddddd, i just went to move my car and the EXACT same thing is happening. i just left it chillin lol, hopefully no one breaks in.

i have to clue what to do

You ever get that z33?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: door issues. help???   door issues.  help??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

door issues. help???
Page 1 of 1