Chicago Area 240sx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chicago Area 240sx

Since 2006.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

timing chain issues and compresion

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SEXYDRIFTER
Forum Frequenter
Forum Frequenter
SEXYDRIFTER

Number of posts : 247
Vehicle : 1990 nissan 240sx se hb rps13

timing chain issues and compresion Empty
PostSubject: timing chain issues and compresion   timing chain issues and compresion Icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2008, 6:09 am

cheers fellas i nned ur help need opinons , so ur help is welcomed . when i start the car there is a noud whirrr sound in the front cover in the upper timing chain section area , do u guys think it can cause timing issues firing wrong and my numbers are 150,149,149,150 . iam going to get a full tune up . should i take out the motor and buy the whole deal with the timing chain issues , o r should i worry about me self with the richness y the system is dumping too much fuel . i am going to check the maf sensor, o2 sensor, and going to put new fuel injectors-- (again)-- ,new header gaskets, get a new oil change 2 times in a row so i can clean it out with new oil an do the cleaning the system while i am at it, at advanced auto parts we sell the timing chain kit fir $455 ,even shipped comes with every thing. and fellas i need a question asked ------- if u go straight pipe with out the cat converter what so ever do u waste more gas since u dont have back presurre at all or somewhat ----? if so i have original header , to original down pipe cut in half and welded a two and a quarter inch striaght pipe to an r33 nismo muffler, if i does affect it them i should but a hi flo catco and atr topspeed they have a apex-i n1 catbat exhaust for $ 200 stainless steel . i dont know what the size of the inches are but it lok like a 2" incher or more if any one can go to top speed and verify this it would help my exhaust problems and fuel comsumption if any one knows if they can get the timing chain set for a lot cheaper let me know , cuz this saturday i am going to remove the motor. so guys wish me luck and if any help with this thread --------muchas thank youz thumb up beer
Back to top Go down
SEXYDRIFTER
Forum Frequenter
Forum Frequenter
SEXYDRIFTER

Number of posts : 247
Vehicle : 1990 nissan 240sx se hb rps13

PostSubject: thankz fellas   timing chain issues and compresion Icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2008, 6:15 am

ohh yeah if u guys wanna help me out and do it -------------cervezaaa is on the house my b -day is this monday april-7 so beer is on me fat tire . miller lite, heineken, corona, modelo or mikes hard lemonade . or smirnoff , by the cases guys beer slap! thumb up nod/hump and do the chamba lol
Back to top Go down
Nachtmensch
whatever
whatever
Nachtmensch

Number of posts : 11764
Vehicle : MRS, IS350

PostSubject: Re: timing chain issues and compresion   timing chain issues and compresion Icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2008, 6:36 am

you shouldnt have to replace the timing chain. they are meant to last the life of the motor in most cases. and that whirring sound wont cause timing issues if it is what i think it is.

it does sound like you may need to just replace a chain guides, but i honestly stopped reading halfway though.

straight pipe will have minimal effects on mpg, if any. you may pick up a pony or two.
Back to top Go down
Xmax
Established Member
Established Member
Xmax

Number of posts : 593
Vehicle : 1993 S13 Fastback and 2006 Mazdaspeed 6

PostSubject: Re: timing chain issues and compresion   timing chain issues and compresion Icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2008, 8:04 am

Try changing your fuel filter, that may cause the bad mpg. As for the "whirring" sound coming from the timing chain, Kevin is right you may just need to replace the guide. To save money first use a multimeter if your injectors are actually working and do a flow test to see if they are flowing correctly. Then go and replace them if they are not fuctioning correctly.
Back to top Go down
http://www.chicagonissanclub.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: timing chain issues and compresion   timing chain issues and compresion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

timing chain issues and compresion
Page 1 of 1