Chicago Area 240sx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chicago Area 240sx

Since 2006.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Selling My car... 1989 s13 with blacktop + more

Go down 
+5
k c
davidricardo86
FusionR300zx
D*S Roski
Mr.BackFire
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr.BackFire
Established Member
Established Member
Mr.BackFire

Number of posts : 555
Vehicle : 240sx se

Selling My car... 1989 s13 with blacktop + more Empty
PostSubject: Selling My car... 1989 s13 with blacktop + more   Selling My car... 1989 s13 with blacktop + more Icon_minitimeMay 30th 2007, 5:00 pm

Price: 13K

Hello, I’m selling my 1989 Nissan 240sx (s13) fastback (It’s the one everyone calls hatch back) 1991 front bumper. The car originally was from Kentucky, which then it was bought by a tuner shop owner (Ben at garage Kwai for those who know), which it then sat in his shop for five years (correct me if I’m wrong). The car’s engine bay was painted silver, and then he had molded wide body onto the rear (50mm), shaved off the antenna, and so the car sat on, until I stopped by his shop and was just looking around and then I saw it, it was beautiful. All the car needed was love and care. So I managed to grab the car from him for 1G.

I already had a 1991 s13 at the time, which I and my brother swapped our selves. I got rid of my 91’ (which was a rust bucket) and we began piecing this car back together because it was pretty much completely taken apart from inside to partially outside. The #1 reason why I bought this car (I bought just the shell) was because it practically had no rust at all, and a manual. My 91’ was an Automatic and it was a pain swapping that thing. When I just got that car it was still primed and unpainted, so after we got the motor in and got it running I had the car painted at Maaco for 600 bucks. The color is supposed to be silver but at certain times of day it looks very light blue, so it’s like two tone paint almost (painted maybe a year and ½ ago I’d say).

I also have the Type x wing (replica but exactly the same), which was painted too, but I took it off for now. The car was never in an accident, I always tried hard to take good care of her. I recently had the front windshield replaced because the previous one had a crack which grew over time. The quarter mirrors were put back with glue after the wide body so there was some leaking whenever I went to car wash, so I tried patching it up with some clear silicone but it still leaks, but easily fixed if given the right time and effort, I kind of did it fast. The car also needs some new rotors and brake pads all around. I have replaced the rear ones with 180sx rotors and I have new ceramic Axxis brake pads (back only) haven’t even been opened yet.

Parts list:
1998 180sx type-x (nothing too special) sr20det (not vvt)

1998 the whole rear sub frame (thicker sway bar, and vlsd, nice)

Front 180sx sway bar (thicker)

Energy Suspension Hyper flex Polyurethane bushings kit front + back (There is still a few left to put in, included with grease)

Fidanza flywheel (9.5 lbs, Dam thing’s a frizz bee)

JGY 6 puck clutch (recently replaced from JGY 4 puck drag clutch, still good, included)

K-sport Coilovers 36 way adjustable dampening, adjustable height, very stiff (not even a year old)

Stock T25 (works fine, should continue working fine)

HKS Waste Gate Actuator

Nismo FPR (fuel pressure regulator)

Liquid filled fuel pressure gauge under the hood

300zx fuel filter

255LPH Walbro High Pressure fuel pump

Custom intercooler piping

Front Mount Core (can handle 500hp)
Made Sheet metal above the core

MBC (manual boost controller) works fine

HKS filter (HKS 100hp+ ha)

Blitz 3’ Downpipe

VRS 3’ piping

VRS 3” resonator

(*Note, no muffler right now, but I do have one included, see picture)

Tsudo 3” muffler (bought it from eBay for a 100 bucks, looks nice) + Silencer

Wheels: Super Advan 4x115, offset 36 all around, 3 spoke wheels, Black powder coated spokes and blue anodized lip (one rim needs new powder coat, because some brake fluid got on it so the paint inside was peeling, see picture)

Tires: Khumo all seasons, still good tread left (rears 225, front 215)
Though with the wide body you can put some real fat tires if you wanted

Denso Iridium spark plugs

Old School Greddy turbo time with red digital display (color: white)

Boost gauge (connected)

Oil pressure gauge (in, but needs to be connected, sender and adapter included (new))

Water temperature gauge (in, not connected, water pipe included)

Safc II Connected (works great)

Greddy rocker arm stoppers (never used, new)

Brian Crower Street spec cams (Duration 264, lift 11.4)
New in box, never used, pop and play cams, no need for after market springs

1995 Q45 Maf with pig tail, not installed)

Blitz Blow off valve 2nd gen (sounds nice) painted it black with silver lettering

180sx turn signals

I made a custom front lip (recently actually)

50mm spacers in the rear I suggest getting better offset wheels
Such big spacers are good to drive on streets but not good for the track, the wheel hubs could break. Otherwise they work fine.

Front and rear strut bars plus c-pillar bar and also the little bar that goes on the back of the sub frame, behind the diff (all installed)

After Market pulley set (power steering, water pump, underdrive pulley, all anodized blue) Brand new, never used, might need different belts, not really sure.

Sony CD player

New rear speakers

Rear seats have been taken out but will be included with the car along with a bunch of other extra parts. Also I have removed sound dampening, to reduce more weight.

Now here’s some bad stuff (depending what you consider bad). The power steering pump is not connected, but is on the car, just no belt. A/c doesn’t work because of the swap, heat still works. Rear tail light center garnish has lightning like crack on the very right side (not that visible). Under the passengers seat there was a little hole, so my brother's friend cut a square out and re-welded everything, I kind of sanded it down and covered it with a rubber paint, but I suggest it be re-sanded so there is no rust at all (under the carpet and below the car), and re-painted. When you turn on high beams only 1 light works, probably just faulty wire in the head light wire harness. Speedometer doesn’t always work, so I couldn’t tell you how many miles I put on it, though I can assure you I haven’t put much on it considering I don’t really drive it much, except to work which is 10 minutes away. The reason to why it's that way because we put in the 180sx gauge cluster and the U.S. speedometer. I will include two gauge clusters so you may be able to fix that.

The switch to raise and lower the head lights have been modified a little (I snipped the brown wire) so I could do the sleepy eyes trick, also a good vent for filter but you have to put it really low. Here’s how you do it, turn on the head lights, then hit that switch and turn the head lights off. Then quickly press that switch 2 times to lower manually, doesn’t work with head lights on. later turn head lights on and then after driving turn head lights off, the lamps will stay up so just hit the switch once, and it will go back to normal, in other words they will go up and down by just turning head lights on/off again. There is no wind shield fluid reservoir installed, though I have it, it’s missing one motor, but easily found at a junk yard. I’m sorry if I missed anything but that should be it.

The car is really fun to drive, I’d say it’s more of a track car then a street car, but hey I’ve been driving it on the street for 2 year, so it’s matter of opinion. I poured countless hours of work into this car, lots of sweat and blood went into making it what it is today, and the funny yet ironic thing about it is that it’s not even close to being all it can be, it’s just that I can’t afford going further with this car. In the right hands this car can be incredible, especially the shape it’s in. A roll cage, good seats, bigger turbo, bigger injectors, bigger maf, bigger breaks, a tune, 180sx side skirts, type-x rear 3 piece bumper, and maybe deep dish wheels, and this car will be perfect along with A few other little things. This car can be a start to great beginnings for someone with time, enough money, and devotion.

I can’t explain how hard it is for me to sell this car, and I’ll tell you right now if you’re going to low ball me then don’t waste your time, to me this car is worth every penny I have it up for and more, so please understand why I can’t go any lower then what the price is already set at, will need the money up front, I wont do monthly payments, I need cash now so I can buy another car, but I’m not in a big hurry so don’t push your luck. If you need to contact me or have any question regarding the vehicle My Email address is: Timur60645@yahoo.com and my cell phone: 224-636-3245. Once again thank you for your interest in my car.

Please local pick up only!

Visit Gariksgarage.com, to see all the swaps and the car in general. There you will see everything, including my previous car. See my car in the section labeled Timur

Price: 13k

P.S. the Car passed emissions, and since the make is before 1995, you won’t have to do it again, In other words… go nuts!
Back to top Go down
D*S Roski
DS! DS! DS!
DS! DS! DS!
D*S Roski

Number of posts : 3911
Vehicle : g35

PostSubject: Re: Selling My car... 1989 s13 with blacktop + more   Selling My car... 1989 s13 with blacktop + more Icon_minitimeMay 30th 2007, 11:57 pm

y are you selling?
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/roskiller
FusionR300zx
Post Whore
Post Whore
FusionR300zx

Number of posts : 3248
Vehicle : 1997 240sx 1993 300zx 2+2

PostSubject: Re: Selling My car... 1989 s13 with blacktop + more   Selling My car... 1989 s13 with blacktop + more Icon_minitimeMay 31st 2007, 1:42 am

why no ac because of the swap?
mines works perfect.

p.s. - i had some trouble selling my car for $13k.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/aricwithana
davidricardo86
Light Duty Poster
Light Duty Poster
davidricardo86

Number of posts : 160
Vehicle : 92 S13 SE Coupe

PostSubject: Re: Selling My car... 1989 s13 with blacktop + more   Selling My car... 1989 s13 with blacktop + more Icon_minitimeMay 31st 2007, 1:58 am

Very nice! A little pricey too!
Back to top Go down
k c
Established Member
Established Member

Number of posts : 746
Vehicle : CTA BRO

PostSubject: Re: Selling My car... 1989 s13 with blacktop + more   Selling My car... 1989 s13 with blacktop + more Icon_minitimeMay 31st 2007, 2:40 am

psssst part it out =D
Back to top Go down
Mr.BackFire
Established Member
Established Member
Mr.BackFire

PostSubject: Re: Selling My car... 1989 s13 with blacktop + more   Selling My car... 1989 s13 with blacktop + more Icon_minitimeMay 31st 2007, 6:12 pm

I am selling this car because I can’t afford driving to Chicago every time I need to go to school, and I need to give money to my mom to help pay for the town house. This car means a great deal to me, it especially steams me that I couldn’t at least finish it, so I could go to the drag strip and see what it could do on the t25. This car right now is in perfect state, whether someone wants to build a track car, a drag car, or a show car.

As for the price as far as I’m concerned it’s worth every cent, though i could lower it a little, but nothing crazy. Look at it this way, the person would be getting 1989 hatch with no moon roof (better for track) in great shape, has a fairly new black top sr from a 98’ Type-x, along with a rear sub frame from the 98’. New suspension barely a year old, the car has wide body molded to the rear which isn’t exactly cheap, new paint, Super advans (not cheap, granted they’re 4 lug, but still advans), and so on.

The work alone on the car would have cost someone a great deal (if they’re the type that don’t do shit them selves, pardon my French). I went today to pepboys and bought front brake pads which I’ll be putting on this Saturday, so that will be done. I don’t want to part out the car because I spent way too much time putting it together Smile .
Back to top Go down
FusionR300zx
Post Whore
Post Whore
FusionR300zx

PostSubject: Re: Selling My car... 1989 s13 with blacktop + more   Selling My car... 1989 s13 with blacktop + more Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2007, 2:25 am

jsut tryin to tell ya... cuz everything on my car has less then 7k miles on it and it was hard. i had 2 REAL buyers that flaked out because they "realized they couldn't afford it"

time wasters.
Back to top Go down
Mr.BackFire
Established Member
Established Member
Mr.BackFire

PostSubject: Re: Selling My car... 1989 s13 with blacktop + more   Selling My car... 1989 s13 with blacktop + more Icon_minitimeJune 2nd 2007, 12:08 am

naw man i got what your saying, what can i say shit happens.
Back to top Go down
FusionR300zx
Post Whore
Post Whore
FusionR300zx

PostSubject: Re: Selling My car... 1989 s13 with blacktop + more   Selling My car... 1989 s13 with blacktop + more Icon_minitimeJune 2nd 2007, 2:16 am

Mr.BackFire wrote:
naw man i got what your saying, what can i say shit happens.

+1 to that...

and good luck...
Back to top Go down
D*S Dstar
D*S Dstar

Number of posts : 11254
Vehicle : RED SHARK V1-5, MOBY DICK.

PostSubject: Re: Selling My car... 1989 s13 with blacktop + more   Selling My car... 1989 s13 with blacktop + more Icon_minitimeJune 4th 2007, 5:46 am

I have seen this car in person.............it is CLEAN.....it looks very nice, i would recommend anyone interested in it to take a look at it in real life. The engine bay was one of the best ive seen when i saw it. Very nice car owned by a very knowledgable guy.
BUY BUY BUY!
Back to top Go down
https://chicagoarea240sx.editboard.com
partymonster975
Fucking Noob
Fucking Noob

Number of posts : 6

PostSubject: Re: Selling My car... 1989 s13 with blacktop + more   Selling My car... 1989 s13 with blacktop + more Icon_minitimeJune 6th 2007, 10:36 am

do u have any pics, I'm interested.
Back to top Go down
Mr.BackFire
Established Member
Established Member
Mr.BackFire

PostSubject: Re: Selling My car... 1989 s13 with blacktop + more   Selling My car... 1989 s13 with blacktop + more Icon_minitimeJune 7th 2007, 1:30 am

Thanks D*. About the pics, i dont really have any current picetures, but you can still see some pretty recent ones on gariksgarge.com under Timur section album.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Newb friendly
Newb friendly
Jay

Number of posts : 1432
Vehicle : S13 Garage Slut & S14 Daily Whore

PostSubject: Re: Selling My car... 1989 s13 with blacktop + more   Selling My car... 1989 s13 with blacktop + more Icon_minitimeJune 7th 2007, 10:36 am

stock sr with stock turbo with a whole bunch of parts that aren't connected with a $600 10-footer paintjob and you want 13K???
Does it come with a blowjob a day program or a map to a hidden treasure on a island of pirates???
If so, Im interested.
Back to top Go down
Mr.BackFire
Established Member
Established Member
Mr.BackFire

PostSubject: Re: Selling My car... 1989 s13 with blacktop + more   Selling My car... 1989 s13 with blacktop + more Icon_minitimeJune 7th 2007, 8:38 pm

lol, listen no one asked you to buy this car, if you dont like it you can put your opinion up your ass, And please if your going to insult my car and me like that, say it to my face, it's easy to say shit on-line. By the way it's not like i can't take criticism, but you sir have no idea what your talking about, particularly about my car.

douche bag.

sorry i had to swear D*.
Back to top Go down
25psi_SeR
Fucking Noob
Fucking Noob

Number of posts : 50

PostSubject: Re: Selling My car... 1989 s13 with blacktop + more   Selling My car... 1989 s13 with blacktop + more Icon_minitimeJune 8th 2007, 4:40 am

Jay wrote:
stock sr with stock turbo with a whole bunch of parts that aren't connected with a $600 10-footer paintjob and you want 13K???
Does it come with a blowjob a day program or a map to a hidden treasure on a island of pirates???
If so, Im interested.

...and who the fuck are you? the mods total around 13g's before labor. Goodluck finding a rust free car thta has a widebody molded into it.

Have you seen the car? Have you driven the car? Have you seen the engine bay?

Im guessing the answer is NO to all this. I guess it would make MUCH more sense to speind 6-7g's on a fully rusted 240 that needs new rails that had a monkey install the motor. Youll have a great time tracing back other peoples shitty jobs... Then youll be the clown trying to sell it.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Newb friendly
Newb friendly
Jay

Number of posts : 1432
Vehicle : S13 Garage Slut & S14 Daily Whore

PostSubject: Re: Selling My car... 1989 s13 with blacktop + more   Selling My car... 1989 s13 with blacktop + more Icon_minitimeJune 8th 2007, 11:18 am

Oh and just because you put 13K in parts, doesn't make the car worth that much. Just reality of owning a car. They only loose value.

On that note, good luck finding someone who is willing to spend 13K. There's a sucker out there that just might do it too!! lol!

EDIT:If you dont want the car dont buy it. . . .
otherwise. . . noone cares what you think

EDIT x 2: Read the marketplace rules.
Back to top Go down
D*S Dstar
D*S Dstar

PostSubject: Re: Selling My car... 1989 s13 with blacktop + more   Selling My car... 1989 s13 with blacktop + more Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2007, 11:30 pm

^you..............

Shut the fuck up.

No price police. Keep it chill faggio. Timur's a cool dude.
Back to top Go down
Mr.BackFire
Established Member
Established Member
Mr.BackFire

PostSubject: Re: Selling My car... 1989 s13 with blacktop + more   Selling My car... 1989 s13 with blacktop + more Icon_minitimeJune 11th 2007, 12:16 am

Thanks man, I've decided since no one's buyin my ride, i'm going to finish putting in the cams, pullys, amongst other things, and tune it.
Back to top Go down
FusionR300zx
Post Whore
Post Whore
FusionR300zx

PostSubject: Re: Selling My car... 1989 s13 with blacktop + more   Selling My car... 1989 s13 with blacktop + more Icon_minitimeJune 11th 2007, 1:31 am

Mr.BackFire wrote:
Thanks man, I've decided since no one's buyin my ride, i'm going to finish putting in the cams, pullys, amongst other things, and tune it.

good choice!!

t25 still?
Back to top Go down
D*S Dstar
D*S Dstar

PostSubject: Re: Selling My car... 1989 s13 with blacktop + more   Selling My car... 1989 s13 with blacktop + more Icon_minitimeJune 12th 2007, 12:13 am

good man
Back to top Go down
Mr.BackFire
Established Member
Established Member
Mr.BackFire

PostSubject: Re: Selling My car... 1989 s13 with blacktop + more   Selling My car... 1989 s13 with blacktop + more Icon_minitimeJune 12th 2007, 2:47 am

we'll see what it puts down on that bagle, hopefully soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Selling My car... 1989 s13 with blacktop + more   Selling My car... 1989 s13 with blacktop + more Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Selling My car... 1989 s13 with blacktop + more
Page 1 of 1