Chicago Area 240sx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chicago Area 240sx

Since 2006.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

WTB: It's a long shot, but whose got Toyota garbage??

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Teo
Forum Frequenter
Forum Frequenter
Teo

Number of posts : 433
Vehicle : Nissan Stanza

WTB: It's a long shot, but whose got Toyota garbage?? Empty
PostSubject: WTB: It's a long shot, but whose got Toyota garbage??   WTB: It's a long shot, but whose got Toyota garbage?? Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2011, 1:59 am

Does anyone have any 1j stuff? Mainly I need clutch/flywheel, trans, shifter. Clutch Pedal assembly for Cressida/MA70 or any other random crap for Cressida or W58 MA70/1J? I doubt anyone has this, but I really need to get some shit done, need to ask errbody.

Thanks anyone if you can help..

<3

Back to top Go down
DJ Longdick
DS! DS! DS!
DS! DS! DS!
DJ Longdick

Number of posts : 4358
Vehicle : D*Squad 86

PostSubject: Re: WTB: It's a long shot, but whose got Toyota garbage??   WTB: It's a long shot, but whose got Toyota garbage?? Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2011, 12:38 pm

did you buy that auto 1j x8?
Back to top Go down
Teo
Forum Frequenter
Forum Frequenter
Teo

PostSubject: Re: WTB: It's a long shot, but whose got Toyota garbage??   WTB: It's a long shot, but whose got Toyota garbage?? Icon_minitimeJune 11th 2011, 2:23 pm

I will be Monday.. I have another 1j, a W58 trans in the garage. I'll need all the rest to swap a trans (probably not a w58) and whatever else. Shits not s chassis cheap for those cars it seems.. But I've always wanted to do a bn Cressida/markii or z20 soarer of some kind. Time for me to start on one.
Back to top Go down
getSlideways13
Fucking Noob
Fucking Noob
getSlideways13

Number of posts : 9
Vehicle : 240sx

PostSubject: Re: WTB: It's a long shot, but whose got Toyota garbage??   WTB: It's a long shot, but whose got Toyota garbage?? Icon_minitimeJune 20th 2011, 9:53 am

my buddy wants to know where in northern IL you're at? he's got a MA70 Supra

he says:
If you have a 1jz or 2jz and want to use a w58 trans with it, you're going to need a 2jz-ge w58 bellhousing (not common to find). your best bet is going the r154 route with the 1jz bellhousing, they can be had new from Toyota for ~300 iirc

If this is going into a MA70, the shifter can be a MA70 N/A or Turbo shifter, as they're both the same.

A lightweight flywheel can be had from driftmotion.com in CA, and the clutch you can get any 7M-GTE clutch kit as the pressure plate to flywheel bolt holes are in the same spots.
Back to top Go down
Teo
Forum Frequenter
Forum Frequenter
Teo

PostSubject: Re: WTB: It's a long shot, but whose got Toyota garbage??   WTB: It's a long shot, but whose got Toyota garbage?? Icon_minitimeJune 20th 2011, 1:01 pm

I'm up in round lake. Thanks for the info. I have a W58 from an SC300 so the bellhousing won't be an issue, but this is going into an MX83 not a supra.. So I'm not sure about which shifter, I'll just make whatever I find work. Also I have an mk3 supra LSD that I would like to get rid of, I want an open to weld.
Back to top Go down
getSlideways13
Fucking Noob
Fucking Noob
getSlideways13

Number of posts : 9
Vehicle : 240sx

PostSubject: Re: WTB: It's a long shot, but whose got Toyota garbage??   WTB: It's a long shot, but whose got Toyota garbage?? Icon_minitimeJune 20th 2011, 1:22 pm

are you going to be using the w58 from the SC in the Cressida or are you going to be using a w58 from a MK3?

AFAIK, the shifter mount location on the SC W58 are in a slightly different spot that on the MK3. The SC I believe has a tripod style shift mount on the transmission. I'm not sure if the MK3 retainer is a bolt-on afair for the SC.
Back to top Go down
RAD MIKE Circa 3006
Starry Night, Celestial Skies.
Starry Night, Celestial Skies.
RAD MIKE Circa 3006

Number of posts : 3524

PostSubject: Re: WTB: It's a long shot, but whose got Toyota garbage??   WTB: It's a long shot, but whose got Toyota garbage?? Icon_minitimeJune 20th 2011, 11:05 pm

Lowest Cressida in the U.S. without a doubt.
Back to top Go down
NlineSicks240
Forum Frequenter
Forum Frequenter

Number of posts : 461
Vehicle : S13

PostSubject: Re: WTB: It's a long shot, but whose got Toyota garbage??   WTB: It's a long shot, but whose got Toyota garbage?? Icon_minitimeJune 25th 2011, 3:22 am

Why a W58? R154 can't be that much more...
Back to top Go down
Teo
Forum Frequenter
Forum Frequenter
Teo

PostSubject: Re: WTB: It's a long shot, but whose got Toyota garbage??   WTB: It's a long shot, but whose got Toyota garbage?? Icon_minitimeJune 25th 2011, 11:52 pm

I have a W58 already. R154 is really expensive actually.. I'm used to spending $100 for a transmission. $700 is like the lowest i've seen a 154. Also I think if I use a W58 I can use the front half of a ma70 driveshaft or some shit. I don't know..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WTB: It's a long shot, but whose got Toyota garbage??   WTB: It's a long shot, but whose got Toyota garbage?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WTB: It's a long shot, but whose got Toyota garbage??
Page 1 of 1