Chicago Area 240sx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chicago Area 240sx

Since 2006.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ca240 For Tech Advice? No Way..

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Fcknslo
Forum Frequenter
Forum Frequenter

Number of posts : 311

Ca240 For Tech Advice? No Way.. Empty
PostSubject: Ca240 For Tech Advice? No Way..   Ca240 For Tech Advice? No Way.. Icon_minitimeDecember 29th 2010, 6:43 pm

So As the situation unfolds.
I have a 1992 S13 shell that originally had a dohc in it and I put a sohc motor in and wired the dohc interior harness to the sohc engine harness.
As of right now, everything works meaning cluster, lights, radio, and blower motor work when key is in ignition and in on position. ignition goes to acc, on and to crank. When I put the key through each cycle, I can hear the starter click each time yet when I try to crank it nothing happens. Figured maybe since the starter has been sitting if i tap it itll work. Wrong. Whenever I try to crank it nothing happens. My question is what would be some key things that would cause the starter not to engage.
I was told the starter relay by the fender but is there anyway to test that to see if thats working or what might be some other key things to look into to make sure, I'm really close to getting it started and the anticipation is killing me.
I have searched on zilvia and shit but there is not to much info when it comes to the sohc.
Figured Some hood rats from chicago might be able to help me out a bit on this one.
Any opinion or idea is greatly appreciated and thanks for reading.
Back to top Go down
sleepyeyed240
Forum Frequenter
Forum Frequenter

Number of posts : 208

PostSubject: Re: Ca240 For Tech Advice? No Way..   Ca240 For Tech Advice? No Way.. Icon_minitimeDecember 29th 2010, 10:06 pm

you gotta make a jump wire on the plug that plugs into the starter relay. the one closest to wheel well
Back to top Go down
Fcknslo
Forum Frequenter
Forum Frequenter

Number of posts : 311

PostSubject: Re: Ca240 For Tech Advice? No Way..   Ca240 For Tech Advice? No Way.. Icon_minitimeDecember 29th 2010, 10:12 pm

Are you talking about the blue relay that has two plugs connecting to it?
And what do you mean by a jump wire? Thanks for the response.
Back to top Go down
sleepyeyed240
Forum Frequenter
Forum Frequenter

Number of posts : 208

PostSubject: Re: Ca240 For Tech Advice? No Way..   Ca240 For Tech Advice? No Way.. Icon_minitimeDecember 29th 2010, 10:50 pm

yeah the blue one. run a wire from one of the connections straight to the other one. you only need like a 2 inch long peice of wire.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ca240 For Tech Advice? No Way..   Ca240 For Tech Advice? No Way.. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ca240 For Tech Advice? No Way..
Page 1 of 1