Chicago Area 240sx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chicago Area 240sx

Since 2006.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Bad SR ECU??

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
domdaaxe58
Established Member
Established Member
domdaaxe58

Number of posts : 604
Vehicle : Gay 350z Vert

Bad SR ECU?? Empty
PostSubject: Bad SR ECU??   Bad SR ECU?? Icon_minitimeOctober 24th 2010, 3:02 am

Ok, Im having a guy install a redtop sr20 in my 93 s13. And trying to figure out if the ecu is bad. This is the info that I got from him that is going on.

(direct quote from the thread he posted on zilvia)

"I'm doing a swap for a local dude on his S13 and I'm not getting any power to the ECU.

I am familiar enough with the nissan ECU's to know that there is a constant power wire (PIN 4 - Red/Black strip) that should get constant power. When the ignition it turned on, it will send a signal to the ECCS (ECU/MAIN) relay to power it on, which then opens up power to the ECU allowing it to turn on.

Currently, that is not happening with the SR20 ECU i was supplied.

I took the ECU out of the car and gave the ECU power wire (PIN 47 i believe - Black/White Stripe) power and grounded the ECU on my bench and it turned on, so I know the ECU does have the ability to turn on.

I noticed that when the ECU is in the car and I turn the ignition is on, Pin 4 gets constant power, no matter if the ignition is on OR off.

I swapped the KA ecu back into the car, and everything operates normally. The fuel pump turns on, the ecu turns on, etc. I also monitored the behavior of Pin 4 and it gets constant voltage when the car is off, and as soon as the ignition is turned on, the power to that wire disappears.

I am leading towards something being bad in the ECU, considering with the KA ECU in the car, it acts normally as it should."

Any help is greatly appreciated!!
Back to top Go down
Nachtmensch
whatever
whatever
Nachtmensch

Number of posts : 11764
Vehicle : MRS, IS350

Bad SR ECU?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad SR ECU??   Bad SR ECU?? Icon_minitimeOctober 24th 2010, 3:05 am

Test with known good SR ECU to confirm.
Back to top Go down
domdaaxe58
Established Member
Established Member
domdaaxe58

Number of posts : 604
Vehicle : Gay 350z Vert

Bad SR ECU?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad SR ECU??   Bad SR ECU?? Icon_minitimeOctober 24th 2010, 3:19 am

Yeah, I think theres only one other guy with an sr around here and I don't even know him. Does this sound like the whole thing might be bad?
Back to top Go down
revgasm_josh
Fucking Noob
Fucking Noob

Number of posts : 50

Bad SR ECU?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad SR ECU??   Bad SR ECU?? Icon_minitimeNovember 2nd 2010, 11:49 am

swap ecus with some one to help diagnose, i had this situation last... all said and done my ecu was fried.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bad SR ECU?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad SR ECU??   Bad SR ECU?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bad SR ECU??
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicago Area 240sx :: S Chassis Specific :: 240sx Tech and Confusion-
Jump to: