Chicago Area 240sx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chicago Area 240sx

Since 2006.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Love&hate.

Go down 
+39
Maikeru
Ambush
jayys05
energ
mikemadison_09
DAELEN
Jesse
Curtis DeAngelo Nelson II
Matej
D*S Dave
gOtPUrPL3
D*S Frank
ka24orce
FusionR300zx
Cyclohexyl Coupe
Adrian_S13
David
Pepe Pepe
hs13kls
D*S Tomy Guns
D*S Homeboy.
D*S Roski
RAMM
evanger
ferrarisx
D*S Trucky
LeMoine
Bliz Khalifa
domdaaxe58
RAD MIKE Circa 3006
Stab Master Sharson
Nachtmensch
YELLOW
Los Vlados Locos
SIMON
D*S Dstar
DJ Longdick
his180sx
Steve
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
DJ Longdick
DS! DS! DS!
DS! DS! DS!
DJ Longdick

Number of posts : 4358
Vehicle : D*Squad 86

Love&hate. - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love&hate.   Love&hate. - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2013, 10:51 pm

cooling plates are sweet, doesnt matter if they do anything. perfect surface for stickers.
Back to top Go down
Steve
Established Member
Established Member
Steve

Number of posts : 716
Vehicle : S14 & JZS161

PostSubject: Re: Love&hate.   Love&hate. - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFebruary 12th 2013, 12:39 am

Back to top Go down
Steve
Established Member
Established Member
Steve

PostSubject: Re: Love&hate.   Love&hate. - Page 13 Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2013, 12:39 pm

And the fun begins...

Love&hate. - Page 13 2d40b6f299a711e2893b22000aa8100d_7

Mounted this fuckin thing this past weekend. Size is complete overkill, and I wish I got one that wasn't as tall for more ground clearance, but whatever it looks cool. Crooked in the picture, but I straightened it out a bit.

Hoping to do some cool shit with my wheels as well, and if I can find someone that'll paint my shit for me at a GOOD price, I'll be getting a new front bumper and either repairing my skirts or getting new ones sometime in May.

Considered learning how to paint myself, but I don't feel like having to buy a paint gun for like 400 bucks.
Back to top Go down
D*S Tomy Guns
DS! DS! DS!
DS! DS! DS!
D*S Tomy Guns

Number of posts : 817

PostSubject: Re: Love&hate.   Love&hate. - Page 13 Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2013, 1:46 pm

400$?! I guess u never heard of harbor freight huh? There like 50$ there.
Back to top Go down
Steve
Established Member
Established Member
Steve

PostSubject: Re: Love&hate.   Love&hate. - Page 13 Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2013, 2:00 pm

I did see those, but I can't see a shitty $50 gun spraying paint nicely. I wouldn't mind using it to spray primer, but idk how they actually are for base coat/clear coat.
Back to top Go down
YELLOW
Post Enthusiast
Post Enthusiast
YELLOW

Number of posts : 1444

PostSubject: Re: Love&hate.   Love&hate. - Page 13 Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2013, 2:06 pm

I dont know dick about paint but im pretty sure if you buy a shitty HF gun itll do the same exact shit if you put a decent needle/nozzle on it.
Back to top Go down
domdaaxe58
Established Member
Established Member
domdaaxe58

Number of posts : 604
Vehicle : Gay 350z Vert

PostSubject: Re: Love&hate.   Love&hate. - Page 13 Icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2013, 10:28 am

The HF gun should work fine. Just lay down a couple extra coats of clear to color sand the orange peel.
Back to top Go down
Steve
Established Member
Established Member
Steve

PostSubject: Re: Love&hate.   Love&hate. - Page 13 Icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2013, 10:57 am

Sounds about right. I've looked around and asked some people, and I've found the Eastwood Evolution gun. It's $100 and seems to spray very nicely. I'll probably pick up the HF gun for primer, and grab an Eastwood for base/clear if I decide to paint stuff myself.

It'll prolly save me money in the long run anyway.
Back to top Go down
D*S Homeboy.
DS! DS! DS!
DS! DS! DS!
D*S Homeboy.

Number of posts : 876

PostSubject: Re: Love&hate.   Love&hate. - Page 13 Icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2013, 11:25 am

Back to top Go down
domdaaxe58
Established Member
Established Member
domdaaxe58

Number of posts : 604
Vehicle : Gay 350z Vert

PostSubject: Re: Love&hate.   Love&hate. - Page 13 Icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2013, 12:27 pm

Screw getting an extra gun for primer. Just get two nozzles and don't be lazy when it comes to cleaning it.
Back to top Go down
boost addict
Forum Frequenter
Forum Frequenter
boost addict

Number of posts : 338

PostSubject: Re: Love&hate.   Love&hate. - Page 13 Icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2013, 3:00 pm

True that^ all you gotta do is spray some paint thinner through it to clean it, no biggie
Back to top Go down
Steve
Established Member
Established Member
Steve

PostSubject: Re: Love&hate.   Love&hate. - Page 13 Icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2013, 3:13 pm

Yea makes sense. I'll see, won't be for another month or so til I get all this stuff, so I'll see what I can afford at the time.

Sorry for the lack of updates and shit, I'm only home for 2 days at a time every two weeks, and there's only so much I can try to get done.
Back to top Go down
D*S Dstar
D*S Dstar

Number of posts : 11254
Vehicle : RED SHARK V1-5, MOBY DICK.

PostSubject: Re: Love&hate.   Love&hate. - Page 13 Icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2013, 4:04 pm

That intercooler wants an Msports bumper in front of it. You should get clear covers for your lights, tint them blue, AND put eyelids on the top again + Msports. Would be some amazeballs shit.
Back to top Go down
https://chicagoarea240sx.editboard.com
DJ Longdick
DS! DS! DS!
DS! DS! DS!
DJ Longdick

Number of posts : 4358
Vehicle : D*Squad 86

PostSubject: Re: Love&hate.   Love&hate. - Page 13 Icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2013, 4:22 pm

D*S Dstar wrote:
amazeballs

lol
Back to top Go down
Steve
Established Member
Established Member
Steve

PostSubject: Re: Love&hate.   Love&hate. - Page 13 Icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2013, 5:38 pm

Might pick up some sort of Msports rep, but not quite sure. I really like the Vertex. As for the clear lenses, probably not for now, but I definitely wanna pick some up in the future. But for some reason, after tinting the stock lenses blue, I don't mind the lines on the inside of the lens. Idk.

Eye lids will be making a return in some way shape or form. Hopefully FRP.
Back to top Go down
Steve
Established Member
Established Member
Steve

PostSubject: Re: Love&hate.   Love&hate. - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMarch 10th 2014, 10:38 pm

Well... clearly haven't updated this shit in a while... but then again, I haven't done jack shit to this car since last year except driving.

Got a fuckton of parts laying on a shelf as well as all over my bedroom.

Pics and shit soon if I feel like taking them. I'm not usually one to take pictures of every step I take because I find it more annoying than anything but oh well.

The previous post talked about Msports, headlight lenses, and eye lids. That's all taken care of. Unfortunately, Msports did not make the cut, however Dmax did.  

Hammered the fuck out of my inner fenders today for more wheel clearance, because my shit was rubbing EVERYWHERE. No pics, because its all just boring metal that got the living shit beat out of it. Gotta get one of those stupid universal coolant reservoirs because my stock one won't fit anymore from the metal being all bent out of shape.

Hopefully gonna make a lot more progress in the next few weeks, I wanna get this thing on the road early April.
Back to top Go down
D*S Dstar
D*S Dstar

PostSubject: Re: Love&hate.   Love&hate. - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMarch 11th 2014, 2:06 am

Excited to see this go from six to midnight. I'm glad you didnt do Msports. Thats my shit, dont want it to explode yet.
Back to top Go down
Steve
Established Member
Established Member
Steve

PostSubject: Re: Love&hate.   Love&hate. - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMay 4th 2014, 10:36 pm

LOL. So much for early April. I'm gonna stop telling people when this thing is gonna be on the road because all my previously set deadlines go to shit. Just been way too fucking busy with life to be able to do stuff to the car.

Anyway, I put in a new clutch kit recently. ACT sprung 6 puck with HD pressure plate. Also threw in a new slave cylinder and SS braided clutch line to remove that dumb ass dampening box thing. Also all new trans seals/gaskets as well as new shifter return springs and an OEM shiftter bushing. Filled the damn thing with Amsoil Synthetic fluid. If I ever have to change my clutch again I think I'll just drive the car off a cliff.
Love&hate. - Page 13 13923793780_9dbb2432f5_c

Also threw in my oil pan with the turbo drain fitting, and new motor/trans mounts. At some point I installed Project Mu D1 pads, those GKTech e-brake leverage extender things, and PBM solid subframe bushings. Had my FLCA's extended 25mm and boxed by Kam, and got Energy bushings for those, as well as new ball joints. Then I went ahead and ordered SPL tie rod ends and PBM tie rods to go along with the control arms and give me a little bit more angle and correct the geometry.

Got new fenders as well, now I gotta pull the damn things to fit my new wheels, then fit the rest of my aero and all the new stuff will be dropped off to be painted.

I'm terrible at updating this and taking pics of new stuff, but I'll try to take more pics from here on out.

I also did some reading, and apparently with a turbo set up it's best to remove all the emissions stuff and vacuum lines and all that, so I'm really not looking forward to having to pull my intake manifold off. But if it'll save me the headache of finding vacuum leaks later down the road, I guess I'll have to put up with this extra work.
Back to top Go down
D*S Dstar
D*S Dstar

PostSubject: Re: Love&hate.   Love&hate. - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMay 5th 2014, 7:33 am

Damn dude. Going mega hard on this shit. Everything looks awesome, that AMSoil shit you filled the trans with Api GL4? That GL5 synth shit will eat the synchros after awhile.

You really buy one of those stock ebrake extendo lever things? lol.

Rad, same blue again?

Back to top Go down
Steve
Established Member
Established Member
Steve

PostSubject: Re: Love&hate.   Love&hate. - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMay 5th 2014, 12:02 pm

Well the lever extender things that I got don't go on the actual handle, if that's what you think. That shits fuckin gay lol. They actually go on the caliper where the ebrake cable hooks onto and they're a bit longer than the stock ones, so more leverage = less effort to pull on the e-brake. Fucker better lock like a hydro. And yea, GL4 of course.

These things: http://www.enjukuracing.com/products/GKtech-Handbrake-Leverage-Extenders-%252d-Nissan-240SX-S13%7B47%7DS14%7B47%7DS15.html

Same blue yeah. Just getting the new shit painted. I have something in the works for 2015, so no point of painting the whole car just yet. Hopefully the paint matches if you look at the car from 5 feet away.
Back to top Go down
D*S Dstar
D*S Dstar

PostSubject: Re: Love&hate.   Love&hate. - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMay 6th 2014, 8:41 am

Yeah, thats totally not the handle extender bullshit I thought you were talking about. Hahaha. But yeah, those are dope, I wasnt even familiar with those at all. Radicalll.
Back to top Go down
Steve
Established Member
Established Member
Steve

PostSubject: Re: Love&hate.   Love&hate. - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMay 28th 2014, 5:46 pm

FUCK this car.

Updates this weekend... hopefully.
Back to top Go down
Steve
Established Member
Established Member
Steve

PostSubject: Re: Love&hate.   Love&hate. - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMay 31st 2014, 12:58 am

Well, here's my update so far... Just verbal, because there's really nothing exciting going on, and I'll be out of town this weekend so I won't get anything done regardless.

I went to put my exhaust manifold/turbo and lines on and stuff. But one of the exhaust manifold studs broke off... It's like 2-3mm into the head, so I just decided to pull the head off and have a machine shop or whatever take care of it, and also have them take the rest of the studs out so I can replace them all. Also gonna have them make sure it's straight, and I'm gonna replace the headgasket and install ARP head studs while I'm at it.

I also went ahead and removed my intake manifold, and removed all the emissions shit that was in there. Being that it's a '96 KA, there was a lot more stuff to remove than there would be with an OBDI KA. However, I found some cool vacuum sources for the wastegate/boost gauge/BOV while doing this.

Lastly, I dropped my aero and shit off with Juan to get sprayed.

So after the stuff gets painted, I'm gonna have a cool looking turd sitting in my garage that doesn't run.
Back to top Go down
D*S Homeboy.
DS! DS! DS!
DS! DS! DS!
D*S Homeboy.

Number of posts : 876

PostSubject: Re: Love&hate.   Love&hate. - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMay 31st 2014, 1:25 am

I think you'll be straight if you are just missing one bolt off the manifold dude
Back to top Go down
Steve
Established Member
Established Member
Steve

PostSubject: Re: Love&hate.   Love&hate. - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMay 31st 2014, 9:30 am

D*S Homeboy. wrote:
I think you'll be straight if you are just missing one bolt off the manifold dude

I would definitely just say fuck it and have one less manifold bolt, but it's the one at the end, so it would definitely leak and warp the manifold eventually. But since I already have basically all of the motor apart, may as well replace the headgasket and install head studs now, so I don't have to take the motor apart again later.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Love&hate.   Love&hate. - Page 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Love&hate.
Page 13 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next