Chicago Area 240sx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chicago Area 240sx

Since 2006.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The official Post pictures of your car thread. Vol.3

Go down 
+76
D*S Frank
ka24orce
Fcknslo
Oscar
shiftin_sideways
Jesse
Jarocimo
boosted russian
sleepyeyed240
Teo
RAMM
revgasm_josh
Ricardo
domdaaxe58
mrkan
splitime
Pepe Pepe
DAELEN
Steve
NlineSicks240
hs13kls
tony89
LeMoine
ghost420
Bliz Khalifa
lopez6558
fresheg6
KappS14
booey13
YELLOW
ferrarisx
zerepdivad
Broadfield
danstel456
djexpo
borracho
jdmj914
xxcrashxx240
D*S Dave
Trucky's bitch.
Stab Master Sharson
Matej
JakeS14
Olly
s13 brian
flaps
evanger
kpc_0721
Curtis DeAngelo Nelson II
D*S Roski
Cyclohexyl Coupe
Nackers
blklabel44
Dirty Dee
D*S Trucky
Los Vlados Locos
D*S Tomy Guns
AMD 240
Specter
his180sx
D*S Homeboy.
Nachtmensch
RAD MIKE Circa 3006
ill roller
Hugo
mikemadison_09
FusionR300zx
David
Adrian_S13
energ
DJ Longdick
whiterps13
D*S Dstar
SIMON
sad
gOtPUrPL3
80 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Los Vlados Locos
Captain Obvious
Captain Obvious

Number of posts : 2188

The official Post pictures of your car thread. Vol.3 - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The official Post pictures of your car thread. Vol.3   The official Post pictures of your car thread. Vol.3 - Page 36 Icon_minitimeFebruary 8th 2011, 11:45 pm

We dont have anything like that.

Basically if your car is 1995 or older you could do w\e you want and it would be road legal. There are no checks at all. If you have a title, and can insure it, you can drive it on the street.
Back to top Go down
Olly
Fucking Noob
Fucking Noob

Number of posts : 69

PostSubject: Re: The official Post pictures of your car thread. Vol.3   The official Post pictures of your car thread. Vol.3 - Page 36 Icon_minitimeFebruary 8th 2011, 11:55 pm

Really? What about like.. rideheight? etc? Not illegal to lower your car? (NZ is; under 100mm, or coilovers and you need certification)

LAME.
Back to top Go down
Los Vlados Locos
Captain Obvious
Captain Obvious

PostSubject: Re: The official Post pictures of your car thread. Vol.3   The official Post pictures of your car thread. Vol.3 - Page 36 Icon_minitimeFebruary 8th 2011, 11:59 pm

Idk about that, but I dont think anyone has ever had issues with it in Chicago...

I guess Mike had some issues with a cop giving him shit about his stretched tires, but thats the only time I ever heard of anything, and it was kinda in a suburb type area, where they have less real police work.

There are old dues that drive around in old muscle cars that have exhaust fumes you could get sick from, and they are fine. There is some guy on my block (or was idk) who had some drag car with huge rear tires, and I saw him drive it on the street.

Sucks to be you I guess haha
Back to top Go down
Nachtmensch
whatever
whatever
Nachtmensch

Number of posts : 11764
Vehicle : MRS, IS350

PostSubject: Re: The official Post pictures of your car thread. Vol.3   The official Post pictures of your car thread. Vol.3 - Page 36 Icon_minitimeFebruary 9th 2011, 12:16 am

Ride height is something like 19" to the center of the headlight I think. Haven't really looked into it. for obd2 cars (96+) all you need to do is have no CEL and have the monitors run. Pretty simple on stock ECU's to fool it, and even Hondata S300 for Honda cars which can pass emissions too.
Back to top Go down
Los Vlados Locos
Captain Obvious
Captain Obvious

PostSubject: Re: The official Post pictures of your car thread. Vol.3   The official Post pictures of your car thread. Vol.3 - Page 36 Icon_minitimeFebruary 9th 2011, 12:18 am

I have never heard of anyone getting hassled because their car is low around here though...
Back to top Go down
Nachtmensch
whatever
whatever
Nachtmensch

PostSubject: Re: The official Post pictures of your car thread. Vol.3   The official Post pictures of your car thread. Vol.3 - Page 36 Icon_minitimeFebruary 9th 2011, 12:37 am

nope, but i do believe there is a law
Back to top Go down
Cyclohexyl Coupe
Forum Frequenter
Forum Frequenter
Cyclohexyl Coupe

Number of posts : 294
Vehicle : 92 coupe

PostSubject: Re: The official Post pictures of your car thread. Vol.3   The official Post pictures of your car thread. Vol.3 - Page 36 Icon_minitimeFebruary 9th 2011, 2:12 am

i only knew it was big in Cali, but we live in IL. so if some state made a law, we have it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/Daniel.Villafuerte
YELLOW
Post Enthusiast
Post Enthusiast
YELLOW

Number of posts : 1444

PostSubject: Re: The official Post pictures of your car thread. Vol.3   The official Post pictures of your car thread. Vol.3 - Page 36 Icon_minitimeFebruary 9th 2011, 8:39 am

I got a ticket last year for "unlawful bumper height"
bullshit.
Back to top Go down
Steve
Established Member
Established Member
Steve

Number of posts : 716
Vehicle : S14 & JZS161

PostSubject: Re: The official Post pictures of your car thread. Vol.3   The official Post pictures of your car thread. Vol.3 - Page 36 Icon_minitimeFebruary 9th 2011, 9:54 pm

Also, I heard some gay shit about the front plate. That it has to be mounted at least 5 inches off the ground... So technically having it at the bottom of the bumper is illegal. Which is bs too. Not sure if it's true though.
Back to top Go down
DJ Longdick
DS! DS! DS!
DS! DS! DS!
DJ Longdick

Number of posts : 4358
Vehicle : D*Squad 86

PostSubject: Re: The official Post pictures of your car thread. Vol.3   The official Post pictures of your car thread. Vol.3 - Page 36 Icon_minitimeFebruary 9th 2011, 10:17 pm

cops used to hassle me for ride height. Never got a ticket or anything but they would stop me. It was one of the many reasons they stopped me.

and I was pulled over once in the corolla because the officer said my wheel alignment looked unsafe. But he seemed like an idiot so I just told him I had it under control.
Back to top Go down
Los Vlados Locos
Captain Obvious
Captain Obvious

PostSubject: Re: The official Post pictures of your car thread. Vol.3   The official Post pictures of your car thread. Vol.3 - Page 36 Icon_minitimeFebruary 9th 2011, 10:55 pm

It seems like in Chicago you will never get shit from cops. It seems to just be the suburbs. I mean that one dude has been driving with no hood for like 2 years...
Back to top Go down
D*S Dave
DS! DS! DS!
DS! DS! DS!
D*S Dave

Number of posts : 3128
Vehicle : Nostromo

PostSubject: Re: The official Post pictures of your car thread. Vol.3   The official Post pictures of your car thread. Vol.3 - Page 36 Icon_minitimeFebruary 9th 2011, 11:14 pm

Who?
Back to top Go down
Los Vlados Locos
Captain Obvious
Captain Obvious

PostSubject: Re: The official Post pictures of your car thread. Vol.3   The official Post pictures of your car thread. Vol.3 - Page 36 Icon_minitimeFebruary 9th 2011, 11:16 pm

Josh dude.
Back to top Go down
D*S Dave
DS! DS! DS!
DS! DS! DS!
D*S Dave

PostSubject: Re: The official Post pictures of your car thread. Vol.3   The official Post pictures of your car thread. Vol.3 - Page 36 Icon_minitimeFebruary 9th 2011, 11:18 pm

Tell us more.
Back to top Go down
DJ Longdick
DS! DS! DS!
DS! DS! DS!
DJ Longdick

PostSubject: Re: The official Post pictures of your car thread. Vol.3   The official Post pictures of your car thread. Vol.3 - Page 36 Icon_minitimeFebruary 9th 2011, 11:26 pm

lol.
Back to top Go down
Nachtmensch
whatever
whatever
Nachtmensch

PostSubject: Re: The official Post pictures of your car thread. Vol.3   The official Post pictures of your car thread. Vol.3 - Page 36 Icon_minitimeFebruary 9th 2011, 11:36 pm

Vlad.
Back to top Go down
Los Vlados Locos
Captain Obvious
Captain Obvious

PostSubject: Re: The official Post pictures of your car thread. Vol.3   The official Post pictures of your car thread. Vol.3 - Page 36 Icon_minitimeFebruary 9th 2011, 11:46 pm

Have you gentlemen forgotten that I am captain obvious.

shame on you.
Back to top Go down
D*S Dave
DS! DS! DS!
DS! DS! DS!
D*S Dave

PostSubject: Re: The official Post pictures of your car thread. Vol.3   The official Post pictures of your car thread. Vol.3 - Page 36 Icon_minitimeFebruary 10th 2011, 12:36 am

The official Post pictures of your car thread. Vol.3 - Page 36 _mg_9110
Back to top Go down
YELLOW
Post Enthusiast
Post Enthusiast
YELLOW

Number of posts : 1444

PostSubject: Re: The official Post pictures of your car thread. Vol.3   The official Post pictures of your car thread. Vol.3 - Page 36 Icon_minitimeFebruary 10th 2011, 8:36 am

Chicago cops have REAL shit to deal with.

Dave, i still got that lower harness and that hatch if you want em. Holla
Back to top Go down
SIMON
Post Whore
Post Whore
SIMON

Number of posts : 2058

PostSubject: Re: The official Post pictures of your car thread. Vol.3   The official Post pictures of your car thread. Vol.3 - Page 36 Icon_minitimeFebruary 10th 2011, 11:16 am

i never get tickets from chicago cops

last fall i took off at a green light spinning tires with a straight pipe. saw a narc pass me going the other way, didnt do jack.

on the other hand, watch out for suburb cops / state troopers. they done fucked me over many times. lol
Back to top Go down
Adrian_S13
Wizard
Wizard
Adrian_S13

Number of posts : 1310
Vehicle : Aristo....

PostSubject: Re: The official Post pictures of your car thread. Vol.3   The official Post pictures of your car thread. Vol.3 - Page 36 Icon_minitimeFebruary 10th 2011, 11:18 am

i get shit for being low but never tickets. They did get me for my front plate being too low tho.
Back to top Go down
SIMON
Post Whore
Post Whore
SIMON

Number of posts : 2058

PostSubject: Re: The official Post pictures of your car thread. Vol.3   The official Post pictures of your car thread. Vol.3 - Page 36 Icon_minitimeFebruary 10th 2011, 11:30 am

yea ive gotten pulled over for having a plate being too low. told my cop id pull out a roll of tape and pin it to my back window... ha that didnt work out the way i wanted

so instead the dbag went ahead and gave me ANOTHER ticket, for having my rear license plate light being too dim..
Back to top Go down
Stab Master Sharson
Straight outta Locash
Straight outta Locash
Stab Master Sharson

Number of posts : 4346

PostSubject: Re: The official Post pictures of your car thread. Vol.3   The official Post pictures of your car thread. Vol.3 - Page 36 Icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2011, 4:40 pm

SIMON wrote:
i never get tickets from chicago cops

last fall i took off at a green light spinning tires with a straight pipe. saw a narc pass me going the other way, didnt do jack.

on the other hand, watch out for suburb cops / state troopers. they done fucked me over many times. lol
You do know that narcs dont write tickets right?

And as for city cops, Frank got 2 tickets in 2 days by the same cop for his exhaust before. If theyre bored it doesnt matter.
Back to top Go down
whiterps13
Post Enthusiast
Post Enthusiast
whiterps13

Number of posts : 1385
Vehicle : S4

PostSubject: Re: The official Post pictures of your car thread. Vol.3   The official Post pictures of your car thread. Vol.3 - Page 36 Icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2011, 4:51 pm

They'll write you a ticket if you have 50 keys of blow in your trunk.

There are cool cops everywhere, and there are dickhead cops everywhere. A lot of depends on your attitude towards them, the mood theyre in, and other factors such as your skin color. But hey, fuck it. Tickets are just part of the fun.
Back to top Go down
DJ Longdick
DS! DS! DS!
DS! DS! DS!
DJ Longdick

PostSubject: Re: The official Post pictures of your car thread. Vol.3   The official Post pictures of your car thread. Vol.3 - Page 36 Icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2011, 4:59 pm

The official Post pictures of your car thread. Vol.3 - Page 36 Utf-8BSU1HMDAyODktMjAxMDA1MTYtMTc0M
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The official Post pictures of your car thread. Vol.3   The official Post pictures of your car thread. Vol.3 - Page 36 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The official Post pictures of your car thread. Vol.3
Page 36 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next