Chicago Area 240sx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chicago Area 240sx

Since 2006.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

For those who have installed Energy Suspension Bushing

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dirty Dee
Post Whore
Post Whore
Dirty Dee

Number of posts : 3781
Vehicle : 2012 WRX

For those who have installed Energy Suspension Bushing Empty
PostSubject: For those who have installed Energy Suspension Bushing   For those who have installed Energy Suspension Bushing Icon_minitimeDecember 17th 2006, 10:19 pm

How the hell do you get the front lower control arm off? I cant seem to get the bastard off even with a hammer.
Back to top Go down
Specter
WALLA WALLA WASHINGTON!!!!!!!!
WALLA WALLA WASHINGTON!!!!!!!!
Specter

Number of posts : 2505
Vehicle : '89 Piggy Coupe

PostSubject: Re: For those who have installed Energy Suspension Bushing   For those who have installed Energy Suspension Bushing Icon_minitimeDecember 17th 2006, 11:27 pm

you have to remove;

lower ball joint nut
tension rod [2 bolts]
swaybar endlink
now, with the bolt STILL IN the lower control arm and the subframe, use a crazy style long ass crowbar and pry the lower ball joint out of the hub.

remove the last bolt [i.e. the LCA to sudbframe]

step on the balljoint end of the LCA and tap with rubber/hard plastic hammer untill removed
Back to top Go down
Dirty Dee
Post Whore
Post Whore
Dirty Dee

PostSubject: Re: For those who have installed Energy Suspension Bushing   For those who have installed Energy Suspension Bushing Icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2006, 12:23 am

I just burned the bushing out while the ball joint was still connected. I will use you crowbar method on the other side when i get to it. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
slidewayz240sx
Light Duty Poster
Light Duty Poster

Number of posts : 162
Vehicle : 1995 Nissan 240sx

PostSubject: Re: For those who have installed Energy Suspension Bushing   For those who have installed Energy Suspension Bushing Icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2006, 12:49 pm

Haha fuck bushings! Seriously! The biggest pain in the ass ever! Good luck, while your doing it, make everyone on this site a step by step how to ;-) Where the bushings go, how to install and where etc =)
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/nick_byers
Dirty Dee
Post Whore
Post Whore
Dirty Dee

PostSubject: Re: For those who have installed Energy Suspension Bushing   For those who have installed Energy Suspension Bushing Icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2006, 2:01 pm

might as well.
Back to top Go down
2s4k0y09
Fucking Noob
Fucking Noob
2s4k0y09

Number of posts : 72
Vehicle : 1997 Nissan 240SX- Heavily Modded

PostSubject: Re: For those who have installed Energy Suspension Bushing   For those who have installed Energy Suspension Bushing Icon_minitimeDecember 21st 2006, 12:11 pm

Yeah, I have the full front and rear master ES kit, and if I didn't have a pres and oxy-acetelyne torch, I would've been screwed. The front is defientily easier then the rear though, well at least on my 97', but the suspension isn't all that different from an S13. Good luck, you have any more questions, ask away, I have quite a bit of experience in doing this.
Back to top Go down
Dirty Dee
Post Whore
Post Whore
Dirty Dee

PostSubject: Re: For those who have installed Energy Suspension Bushing   For those who have installed Energy Suspension Bushing Icon_minitimeDecember 21st 2006, 3:34 pm

The front is not too bad, just need to install one more swaybar bushing. I would have finished the front a few days ago, but i think i got CO poisoning or something, and was throwing up all day. It might have been a flu, not too sure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For those who have installed Energy Suspension Bushing   For those who have installed Energy Suspension Bushing Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

For those who have installed Energy Suspension Bushing
Page 1 of 1