Chicago Area 240sx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chicago Area 240sx

Since 2006.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

MOTHER F*CKIN POLICE again................

Go down 
+19
jh3xp
REVGASM
mikemadison_09
rc1honda
Adrian_S13
dwvinny
Midwest Alley works13
FusionR300zx
Stab Master Sharson
Specter
tyler
Los Vlados Locos
Jay
ChicagoS14T
spinner
Nackers
hs13kls
Nachtmensch
240nut
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
240nut
Forum Frequenter
Forum Frequenter
240nut

Number of posts : 259
Vehicle : 1995 240sx Se

MOTHER F*CKIN POLICE again................ Empty
PostSubject: MOTHER F*CKIN POLICE again................   MOTHER F*CKIN POLICE again................ Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2008, 4:00 am

So i was driving home from work today and was taking it easy driving next to this honda civic that i was laughing at with an ebay muffler that was basically falling off the damn car. I was heading north bound on cumberland ave. and i turned right on lawrence ave. and i knew there was a cop behind me and didnt think anything of it cuz i was just going the speed limit and driving normal. After i turned i see his fucking lights go on and i was like WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So he starts saying im violating some compliance shit and saying my exhaust is illegal license plate cover illegal and assumed i had front tints on my car even though i showed him i dont have them. Basically the cop was just being a jag off. The fucking kicker here is that i get the ticket and it says i was heading west bound on 4400 montrose and i was like what the fuck.... so i looked in my rear view mirror and saw it was a chicago cop and i was in fucking norridge(where i live). basically to give you guys an estimate Harlem and montose is like 7300 w montrose or so. What have you guys done before. Im thinking this guy is just writing me a bullshit ticket to look good for his police department. BTW the ticket was for "Muffler By Pass Violation". Fuck these damn police. Let me know what you guys think. My plans are to fight it and show that i was going home from work. I can have a print out of my time card punching out at approx. 18 min before the ticket was issued im guessing.
Back to top Go down
Nachtmensch
whatever
whatever
Nachtmensch

Number of posts : 11764
Vehicle : MRS, IS350

PostSubject: Re: MOTHER F*CKIN POLICE again................   MOTHER F*CKIN POLICE again................ Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2008, 4:54 am

i think you own a car that cops are attracted to. welcome to owning a 240, or any 'tuner car' (guh, hate that word) really. if your car is loud, they will look over your car for anything wrong with it.

get a quieter exhaust like CS or similar.
Back to top Go down
hs13kls
Post Enthusiast
Post Enthusiast
hs13kls

Number of posts : 1053
Vehicle : 1991 black coupe

PostSubject: Re: MOTHER F*CKIN POLICE again................   MOTHER F*CKIN POLICE again................ Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2008, 8:48 am

well. you CAN fight it. although, whats the point. i mean. its his word against yours, its not like you were speeding, he pulled you over because of your exhaust.

but, if im understanding wht you are saying correctly. i believe you can win the fight if he did one of the following things:
wrote your name wrong,the date wrong, WHERE YOU WERE PULLED OVER, things like that.

so if its a big enough error on his part. you may win. but i live 2 hours south, i dont know how the cop are up there. lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.leagueltd.com
Nackers
Post Enthusiast
Post Enthusiast
Nackers

Number of posts : 1609
Vehicle : 03 350z and 89 Hatch

PostSubject: Re: MOTHER F*CKIN POLICE again................   MOTHER F*CKIN POLICE again................ Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2008, 8:49 am

'tuner car' = phrase imo
Back to top Go down
http://nackersdrift.com
spinner
Light Duty Poster
Light Duty Poster
spinner

Number of posts : 121
Vehicle : 95 S14, 05 Evo RS

PostSubject: Re: MOTHER F*CKIN POLICE again................   MOTHER F*CKIN POLICE again................ Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2008, 10:35 am

See the thing is, even if your muffler is not that loud, He can pull you over just to check on you, check your tints, front lic plate, if you have insurance, seatbelts, whatever... it sucks and we have to deal with it.
Back to top Go down
ChicagoS14T
Established Member
Established Member
ChicagoS14T

Number of posts : 628

PostSubject: Re: MOTHER F*CKIN POLICE again................   MOTHER F*CKIN POLICE again................ Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2008, 12:00 pm

Yeah shit happens all the time, im like scared to take my car out sometimes, I have a buddy club spec II and external wastegate and let me tell you how loud my car is!!!

I might pick up an exhaust thats super quiet and nice for driving and then ill keep the buddy club for track use since its super nice and has minimal restriction to give the best performance on a track. I know sounds stupid, but you have to deal with whats around you. I still think its all bullshit because no one messes with V8s or Harleys but put a small exhaust on an import and its like your trying to kill someone.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Newb friendly
Newb friendly
Jay

Number of posts : 1432
Vehicle : S13 Garage Slut & S14 Daily Whore

PostSubject: Re: MOTHER F*CKIN POLICE again................   MOTHER F*CKIN POLICE again................ Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2008, 12:11 pm

ChicagoS14T wrote:
I still think its all bullshit because no one messes with V8s or Harleys but put a small exhaust on an import and its like your trying to kill someone.

you're not supporting USA by buying American cars, so at least you can support your country by paying a small fine now and than.

lol!

Think of it as "ricer tax"
Back to top Go down
Los Vlados Locos
Captain Obvious
Captain Obvious

Number of posts : 2188

PostSubject: Re: MOTHER F*CKIN POLICE again................   MOTHER F*CKIN POLICE again................ Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2008, 12:12 pm

Try to become friends with some police officers, it really does help alot.

Also, if they pull you over say you are also trying to be a police officer and to cut you some slack.... basically try to be one of them... act like you also want to be a law enforcement officer.

Also, get some police stickers on your car. I am the second owner of my car, the lady that owned the car for 9 years before she sold it to me (she got it new) was a fighter fighter and she had a CFD sticker on the back window... in the one year i have been driving i have NEVER been pulled over... i also speed a lot lol.... so im not sure if its just me getting lucky or if that stupid sticker has something to do with it....

And dont give me that shit about how CFD and CPD are totally different people... in the end they both like each other because they understand their jobs are similar. In a few years my friend will be a police officer so i cant wait Lol...
Back to top Go down
240nut
Forum Frequenter
Forum Frequenter
240nut

PostSubject: Re: MOTHER F*CKIN POLICE again................   MOTHER F*CKIN POLICE again................ Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2008, 12:51 pm

Maybe i should bring up the fact that Harleys are just as loud as my car if not louder. Ive had a straight 3" exhaust on my car for like 3 years and never had a problem until now. Here is a map of where he pulled me over and where he said he pulled me over on the ticket.

View Larger Map
I think he was a little off what do you guys think. Anyways i will fight this and i will win. I can get proof from work saying i clocked out at 10:50. The cop pulled me over at 11:08 on the ticket and i think it would be very hard to get to 4400 Montose from Franlin Park in 18 min.
Back to top Go down
Los Vlados Locos
Captain Obvious
Captain Obvious

PostSubject: Re: MOTHER F*CKIN POLICE again................   MOTHER F*CKIN POLICE again................ Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2008, 12:56 pm

Being a smart ass with some of them doesn't help... some of them are really nice people....

like one time me and my friend got pulled over.... 2 cops come out and ask him if he knows why they pulled him over... he says yeah, because i didn't stop at that stop sign back there... and the cop is like no, its because your not wearing your seatbelt lol.... and we didn't get tickets on either one of the things he messed up on...

bottom line is... don't be a ass hole to them... if they are nice you will have a chance to get out of it... but if they are a douche bag who is bent on trying to get you for something... then explain to them what is happening... and also if you can, contact the company your exhaust is made by... most are street legal because they are at a certain decibel... and try to get something that says the exhaust system is not over the prohibited noise level... with that no one can fuck with you about the exhaust.... when they pull you over shove it in their face...

ohh, and nice car lol.. i love zenki s14's =)
Back to top Go down
tyler
Post Whore
Post Whore

Number of posts : 2227
Vehicle : s14

PostSubject: Re: MOTHER F*CKIN POLICE again................   MOTHER F*CKIN POLICE again................ Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2008, 4:06 pm

you know what the best is?

when your car is parked outside on a main street.........
cop drives by and busts a u turn like a bank is getting robbed....
pulls over and gives you a no front plate ticket..........

yeah

shit gives me w00d
Back to top Go down
Specter
WALLA WALLA WASHINGTON!!!!!!!!
WALLA WALLA WASHINGTON!!!!!!!!
Specter

Number of posts : 2505
Vehicle : '89 Piggy Coupe

PostSubject: Re: MOTHER F*CKIN POLICE again................   MOTHER F*CKIN POLICE again................ Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2008, 7:15 pm

APEX'i world sport... yeah i no longer get hassled by the cops

also helps the fact that i'm not a bright ass color or flat blacked out

i'm just really low
Back to top Go down
Stab Master Sharson
Straight outta Locash
Straight outta Locash
Stab Master Sharson

Number of posts : 4346

PostSubject: Re: MOTHER F*CKIN POLICE again................   MOTHER F*CKIN POLICE again................ Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2008, 8:01 pm

Specter wrote:
i'm just really low

no ur not...
Back to top Go down
FusionR300zx
Post Whore
Post Whore
FusionR300zx

Number of posts : 3248
Vehicle : 1997 240sx 1993 300zx 2+2

PostSubject: Re: MOTHER F*CKIN POLICE again................   MOTHER F*CKIN POLICE again................ Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2008, 8:19 pm

Stab Master Arson wrote:
Specter wrote:
i'm just really low

no ur not...

+1
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/aricwithana
240nut
Forum Frequenter
Forum Frequenter
240nut

PostSubject: Re: MOTHER F*CKIN POLICE again................   MOTHER F*CKIN POLICE again................ Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2008, 11:54 pm

Vlad wrote:
Being a smart ass with some of them doesn't help... some of them are really nice people....

like one time me and my friend got pulled over.... 2 cops come out and ask him if he knows why they pulled him over... he says yeah, because i didn't stop at that stop sign back there... and the cop is like no, its because your not wearing your seatbelt lol.... and we didn't get tickets on either one of the things he messed up on...

bottom line is... don't be a ass hole to them... if they are nice you will have a chance to get out of it... but if they are a douche bag who is bent on trying to get you for something... then explain to them what is happening... and also if you can, contact the company your exhaust is made by... most are street legal because they are at a certain decibel... and try to get something that says the exhaust system is not over the prohibited noise level... with that no one can fuck with you about the exhaust.... when they pull you over shove it in their face...

ohh, and nice car lol.. i love zenki s14's =)

Yeah i see your point but i was nice to him. I didnt even say anything and he was cutting me off when i tried. So i was like wtf this guy has his cop period or something. And idk it will be very hard to prove a practically straight 3" pipe is going to be under legal decibel. I cant even remember who my exhaust was made by. i think its called ProSpec or something like that. I heard they made a good exhaust for the 350z/g35 so i figured i would try it out since it was pretty cheap and i plan on going turbo in the future(next year very possible, cuz i gradumate kollege in octuber)
Back to top Go down
Los Vlados Locos
Captain Obvious
Captain Obvious

PostSubject: Re: MOTHER F*CKIN POLICE again................   MOTHER F*CKIN POLICE again................ Icon_minitimeAugust 15th 2008, 12:03 am

Yeah i get what you are saying, some of them are just all American little people who think anything not made in America is bad.... i mean seriously it really pisses me of. If a state trooper was on shoulder lane and a GSX-R and a damn Harley Fartingson (cause it sounds like someone farting on a loud speaker LOL) were both speeding, chances are the gixer would get the ticket.....

Its just how life is.... there are fan boys where ever you go... but i mean there are police officers who are really nice guys.... and wont be a douche unless you are a douche to them... its just getting harder and harder to find them...

Most of these damn new cops think that just because they have a badge and a gun they can do whatever the hell they want....We all see cops turn on their lights to get through a red or do some illegal crap that we would NEVER get away with...
Back to top Go down
Nachtmensch
whatever
whatever
Nachtmensch

PostSubject: Re: MOTHER F*CKIN POLICE again................   MOTHER F*CKIN POLICE again................ Icon_minitimeAugust 15th 2008, 12:10 am

FusionR300zx wrote:
Stab Master Arson wrote:
Specter wrote:
i'm just really low

no ur not...

+1
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

240nut wrote:
Maybe i should bring up the fact that Harleys are just as loud as my car if not louder.
they come from the factory like that. so that arguement is null and void in court. also for a bike, it also works like a safety feature. many people in SUVs dont see the bikers, but they can hear them.

if you dont want to be hassled, dont make your car stand out.
Back to top Go down
240nut
Forum Frequenter
Forum Frequenter
240nut

PostSubject: Re: MOTHER F*CKIN POLICE again................   MOTHER F*CKIN POLICE again................ Icon_minitimeAugust 15th 2008, 2:25 am

Nachtmensch wrote:

240nut wrote:
Maybe i should bring up the fact that Harleys are just as loud as my car if not louder.
they come from the factory like that. so that arguement is null and void in court. also for a bike, it also works like a safety feature. many people in SUVs dont see the bikers, but they can hear them.

For as small as 240's are it should be considered a safety feature, maybe even a discount on insurance? Very Happy Trust me my car will get the attention of someone real quick. But I understand where everyone is coming from just something we gotta deal with because our cars are oobercool.
Back to top Go down
Nachtmensch
whatever
whatever
Nachtmensch

PostSubject: Re: MOTHER F*CKIN POLICE again................   MOTHER F*CKIN POLICE again................ Icon_minitimeAugust 15th 2008, 2:28 am

240nut wrote:
Nachtmensch wrote:

240nut wrote:

For as small as 240's are it should be considered a safety feature, maybe even a discount on insurance? Very Happy Trust me my car will get the attention of someone real quick. But I understand where everyone is coming from just something we gotta deal with because our cars are oobercool.
you dont die when someone "bumps" into you at 60 mph. you'd just get all butt hurt about your car taking damage.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Newb friendly
Newb friendly
Jay

Number of posts : 1432
Vehicle : S13 Garage Slut & S14 Daily Whore

PostSubject: Re: MOTHER F*CKIN POLICE again................   MOTHER F*CKIN POLICE again................ Icon_minitimeAugust 15th 2008, 9:48 am

Traffic cops are revenue generators. Realize this. Its their job. Otherwise taxes are going up. So they're saving you money.

If you don't like the city, move out from the Crook County.
Back to top Go down
spinner
Light Duty Poster
Light Duty Poster
spinner

Number of posts : 121
Vehicle : 95 S14, 05 Evo RS

PostSubject: Re: MOTHER F*CKIN POLICE again................   MOTHER F*CKIN POLICE again................ Icon_minitimeAugust 20th 2008, 9:27 am

I got off shitload of times without a ticket, i did agree to what i did, speed or loud car. Just be nice to them, dont be a dick and maybe you will get a chance they will let you go.
Back to top Go down
Midwest Alley works13
Fucking Noob
Fucking Noob

Number of posts : 31
Vehicle : s13

PostSubject: Re: MOTHER F*CKIN POLICE again................   MOTHER F*CKIN POLICE again................ Icon_minitimeAugust 26th 2008, 8:18 am

sorry to hear what happen bro, same thing happen to my brother we got pulled over by a chicago cop in the subberbs for some reason. we wer coming home from work since we work a third shift, and cops dont go pass devon ave on milwakke. and we got pulled over near touy ave near niles. the niles police never fukt with us before they just stare and keep on driving. now my brother i think paid over 100 dollars and has to got to school for 4 hours so it wont go on hes record. the ticket read that it was a muffler violation and it said we got pulled over near jefferson park what kind of shit is that. thats some bullshit. and he said we had to get it taken care off.. my brother drives an s14 sr
and has a full megan exhaust. i say fak the cops.
Back to top Go down
dwvinny
Light Duty Poster
Light Duty Poster

Number of posts : 116

PostSubject: Re: MOTHER F*CKIN POLICE again................   MOTHER F*CKIN POLICE again................ Icon_minitimeAugust 26th 2008, 10:31 am

Quote :
buy american
!!haha!!
ticket fairy's are funny sometimes when i get excited i pee a little
Back to top Go down
http://destructionwarehouse.com
Adrian_S13
Wizard
Wizard
Adrian_S13

Number of posts : 1310
Vehicle : Aristo....

PostSubject: Re: MOTHER F*CKIN POLICE again................   MOTHER F*CKIN POLICE again................ Icon_minitimeAugust 26th 2008, 1:52 pm

HA yeah i got pulled over last week in Roselle because my front license plate was too low and on an angle so got a ticket for that and seat belt dude was also mad cause my rear license plate was too dirty.. fuckin coppers
Back to top Go down
rc1honda
Fucking Noob
Fucking Noob
rc1honda

Number of posts : 82

PostSubject: Re: MOTHER F*CKIN POLICE again................   MOTHER F*CKIN POLICE again................ Icon_minitimeSeptember 12th 2008, 12:12 am

Sounds like he thought you guys were racing and he just missed it, so instead he pulled you over for some stupid shit cuz he didn't catch you. Loud exhuast in chicago? That sounds crazy i dont know anyone who has ever been pulled over for that. Shit this isnt California i dont even have to smog my 240. I know guys that drive around town in Big Block 440' s and shit and they never get fucked with.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MOTHER F*CKIN POLICE again................   MOTHER F*CKIN POLICE again................ Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MOTHER F*CKIN POLICE again................
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicago Area 240sx :: Assorted Automotive :: Close Encounters-
Jump to: