Chicago Area 240sx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chicago Area 240sx

Since 2006.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Need help!! installing a turbo in my s14 got a ka24de

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
14k s14
Forum Frequenter
Forum Frequenter
14k s14

Number of posts : 397
Vehicle : 93 convertible

Need help!! installing a turbo in my s14 got a ka24de Empty
PostSubject: Need help!! installing a turbo in my s14 got a ka24de   Need help!! installing a turbo in my s14 got a ka24de Icon_minitimeMarch 10th 2008, 4:48 pm

im installing the inter cooler now and trying to figure out where to run the pipes. ive have never done a turbo, learning by doing. if you guys could send me some pics or advice on this i would appreciate it. i have no clue what im doing. vaccum lines? have no idea where to connect anything lol. i usally do all motor sooo yea
heres where im at
Need help!! installing a turbo in my s14 got a ka24de IMG_0203
Back to top Go down
ChicagoS14T
Established Member
Established Member
ChicagoS14T

Number of posts : 628

PostSubject: Re: Need help!! installing a turbo in my s14 got a ka24de   Need help!! installing a turbo in my s14 got a ka24de Icon_minitimeMarch 10th 2008, 6:24 pm

Your hot pipe, that is the pipe from the Turbo to the intercooler will run on the driver side of the car. This pipe is run best through the area of the stock air resonator box aka the big plastic can. The cold pipe, the pipe from the intercooler to the throttle body can run under the frame and up through the battery tray (if you relocate the battery to the trunk or replace with a slim battery) or near the A/C condensor or right where it used to be if you removed A/C.

What kind of turbo are you running? Are you making your own pipes?

Here are some of my pics:

Need help!! installing a turbo in my s14 got a ka24de L_27affcf66eac3d6f2b1aac7c4e320ede

Need help!! installing a turbo in my s14 got a ka24de L_9c4464a4410b7cb541a473f368a00988

Ill try to get some better ones, those are really old
Back to top Go down
14k s14
Forum Frequenter
Forum Frequenter
14k s14

PostSubject: Re: Need help!! installing a turbo in my s14 got a ka24de   Need help!! installing a turbo in my s14 got a ka24de Icon_minitimeMarch 10th 2008, 6:33 pm

i have a t25/28 turbo i got a local garage. heres a pic of the pipes i think i got sr pipes instead of ka but im not sure. did u have to cut the bumper on your car for the intercooler to fit?

Need help!! installing a turbo in my s14 got a ka24de IMG_0198
Need help!! installing a turbo in my s14 got a ka24de IMG_0197
Need help!! installing a turbo in my s14 got a ka24de IMG_0196
Need help!! installing a turbo in my s14 got a ka24de IMG_0194
Back to top Go down
ChicagoS14T
Established Member
Established Member
ChicagoS14T

Number of posts : 628

PostSubject: Re: Need help!! installing a turbo in my s14 got a ka24de   Need help!! installing a turbo in my s14 got a ka24de Icon_minitimeMarch 12th 2008, 11:00 am

No, my bumper is all intact and the bumper core, but I did hack away at my head light and hood supports on the radiator core support, which I kinda regret cuz now its a bit messed up.... your probably better off cutting into the front bumper support. Depends on how big your intercooler is, mine is fairly small:

Need help!! installing a turbo in my s14 got a ka24de 34750b5608eb70
Need help!! installing a turbo in my s14 got a ka24de 34754ebcf5de09
Back to top Go down
14k s14
Forum Frequenter
Forum Frequenter
14k s14

PostSubject: Re: Need help!! installing a turbo in my s14 got a ka24de   Need help!! installing a turbo in my s14 got a ka24de Icon_minitimeMarch 13th 2008, 12:13 am

did u have to make a hole for the passenger side or is there another way? and i have a bov with 2 vacuum line conections one small twords the bottom and a bigger one towords the top, where do they go? oh, and the vaccum line off the waste gate(internal) . pictures would help but anything will do thanks! scratch
Back to top Go down
LigouriRd.
Light Duty Poster
Light Duty Poster
LigouriRd.

Number of posts : 183
Vehicle : Zenki S14/Chuki S13

PostSubject: Re: Need help!! installing a turbo in my s14 got a ka24de   Need help!! installing a turbo in my s14 got a ka24de Icon_minitimeMarch 13th 2008, 1:03 pm

On the S14 there is a hole just below the opening for the stock resonator box. It is covered up with a little metal plate. I believe this is where the JDM side mount intercooler hot pipe went. A lot of the SR intercooler kits are designed to use this opening to route the hot pipe. You can barely make out the opening at the very bottom right of this pic:
Need help!! installing a turbo in my s14 got a ka24de Dsc03667smaller3qp

With your intercooler kit, you pretty much have to cut a hole on the passenger side near the battery tray. I got a smaller battery and shoved it all the way over to make room for the cold pipe coming through.

On your cold pipe the real big fitting is for recirculating your diverter valve...sounds like you have a blow off valve, so just cap it off...of course you'll soon discover that the KA does not like BOVs and either recirculate it or buy a proper diverter. The middle sized fitting is for idle air control, it connects to the big brass hose next to the throttle body. The dinky little fitting is to be connected to Evap purge line, there should be dinky little brass fitting or hose from under the throttle body.

As for your bov, you may have to refer to its instructions as to which fitting to use. I only have one and I got my vacumme/boost signal by tapping off the brake booster line but before the check valve. You can see the tee in the upper part of the pic.

The wastegate should best be connected to somewhere in the pressurized side of the intercooler piping. You could tee into that little fitting in the cold-pipe. I drilled, tapped, and screwed in a fitting on the compressor housing and ran that straight to the wastegate. My tial has its pressure port on the side. May have to refer to your wastegate's instructions.
Back to top Go down
14k s14
Forum Frequenter
Forum Frequenter
14k s14

PostSubject: Re: Need help!! installing a turbo in my s14 got a ka24de   Need help!! installing a turbo in my s14 got a ka24de Icon_minitimeJune 11th 2008, 9:01 pm

ok i know its been a while but i finally got around to doing this, i really need help with the vacuum lines. i have one coming from the internal wastegate on the turbo, two coming off the bov, and a cold pipe with one big nipple. on the car are the small one comes out from under the throttle body, the big onethat comes out from next to the throttle body and the nipple from the valve cover. wtf do i do i tried fucking with it but all i get is allot of smoke from running super rich. i can ge tit to idle but no boost so not enought air = running rich
Back to top Go down
LigouriRd.
Light Duty Poster
Light Duty Poster
LigouriRd.

PostSubject: Re: Need help!! installing a turbo in my s14 got a ka24de   Need help!! installing a turbo in my s14 got a ka24de Icon_minitimeJune 12th 2008, 1:47 pm

1) Take of your maf and coupler.
2) Go to home depot/lowes/ace/etc take coupler with you and buy a pvc cap that fits in the coupler. Buy a fitting that you can connect an air compressor to.
3) Drill a hole in the coupler and screw the fitting into the pvc cap.
4) Install and tighten the pcv cap where your maf would normally go.
5) Turn engine to top dead center, second line on crank should line up with the pin on the front cover. Carefully put a stick down cyl 1 to make sure it is at tdc.
6) hook up a compressor to the fitting in the cap and pressurise to ~15 psi.
7) Listen for leaks then fix them.

Ps: what is the rest of your setup
What size injectors are you using?
What are you using to control them (S/AFC, Emanage, Calum, EMS...)?
How do you know you are rich, what are your Air/Fuel readings...you do have a wideband don't you?

Last edited by LigouriRd. on June 16th 2008, 7:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
14k s14
Forum Frequenter
Forum Frequenter
14k s14

PostSubject: Re: Need help!! installing a turbo in my s14 got a ka24de   Need help!! installing a turbo in my s14 got a ka24de Icon_minitimeJune 12th 2008, 8:53 pm

i got 370cc injectors, and an sr20 fpr
Back to top Go down
LigouriRd.
Light Duty Poster
Light Duty Poster
LigouriRd.

PostSubject: Re: Need help!! installing a turbo in my s14 got a ka24de   Need help!! installing a turbo in my s14 got a ka24de Icon_minitimeJune 16th 2008, 7:41 am

Stock KA ecu?...you do know that it is intended to only use 270cc injectors, fpr or not if you do not have anything electronic to cut the injectors back you are putting in 27% more fuel. Of course it is going to run rich.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need help!! installing a turbo in my s14 got a ka24de   Need help!! installing a turbo in my s14 got a ka24de Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need help!! installing a turbo in my s14 got a ka24de
Page 1 of 1