Chicago Area 240sx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chicago Area 240sx

Since 2006.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

crank no start no spark at coil

Go down 
+3
AChan
A-Town-SR
Specter
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Specter
WALLA WALLA WASHINGTON!!!!!!!!
Specter

Number of posts : 2505
Vehicle : '89 Piggy Coupe

crank no start no spark at coil Empty
PostSubject: crank no start no spark at coil   crank no start no spark at coil Icon_minitimeOctober 10th 2007, 7:55 am

okay normally i'm good at this type of shit but it's early, i've had no food or coffee and i'm cold [pushing a car sucks, thank you a ton kevin for helping]

anyways, i was driving and on a decel to a stop sign i pop the clutch in and it seems like the car shut off as if soneone turned the key. the tachometer droped from ~3000rpm straight to 0 faster then if the engine had spun down [like it lost all signal from what ever it is that generates the RPM signal]

car would crank but not fire.

so after pushing it back to my house [thanks once again kevin] i tested it for spark at the plugs and coil, nothing at both

so i have a few questions, has this happened to someone else and if so what was the cause

where is the ignitor on a KA24DE

what, if anything, would still work even if the engine is not that is computer controlled [looking to make sure that it is not the computer that took a shit]

thanks
Back to top Go down
A-Town-SR
Post Enthusiast
Post Enthusiast
A-Town-SR

Number of posts : 1423
Vehicle : SR 240sx (hatch)

PostSubject: Re: crank no start no spark at coil   crank no start no spark at coil Icon_minitimeOctober 10th 2007, 1:29 pm

I think when Joe put his ka back in we had a problem similar ill try n find out what it was cuz I completely forget what it was nackers might remember but i forgetted sorry car looks good though diggin the silfront end
Back to top Go down
Specter
Specter

PostSubject: Re: crank no start no spark at coil   crank no start no spark at coil Icon_minitimeOctober 10th 2007, 3:51 pm

it's seeming like it's the dizzy crank angle has gone out... i'm not getting spark OR injector pulse. i swapped out ECM's incase that was it and still nothing

so

grr
Back to top Go down
AChan
Light Duty Poster
Light Duty Poster

Number of posts : 103
Vehicle : 86 MKII Supra

PostSubject: Re: crank no start no spark at coil   crank no start no spark at coil Icon_minitimeOctober 10th 2007, 6:54 pm

The same thing happened on my Supra. Turns out a ground wire wasn't grounded. That might be it?
Back to top Go down
Specter
Specter

PostSubject: Re: crank no start no spark at coil   crank no start no spark at coil Icon_minitimeOctober 10th 2007, 7:15 pm

no i don't think so because the main batt ground is hooked to the engine [intake mani to be exact] and it cranks over and i have all the lights and electronics...

idk good idea but i don't think that that is it...
Back to top Go down
Nackers
Post Enthusiast
Post Enthusiast
Nackers

Number of posts : 1609
Vehicle : 03 350z and 89 Hatch

PostSubject: Re: crank no start no spark at coil   crank no start no spark at coil Icon_minitimeOctober 12th 2007, 2:28 pm

So you have no fuel and no spark? If the car was newer I would ask if you didn't trip that sensor in the trunk that shuts off fuel in an accident, but I don't think our cars have that. Maybe the pump went out?

The only other thing I can think of is maybe a loose connection in your wiring. Maybe did some service recently and one or two of the connectors aren't making a solid connection. The coil may have gone out or lost connection.

Other than that, I'm pretty stumped.
Back to top Go down
http://nackersdrift.com
gOtPUrPL3
Post Enthusiast
Post Enthusiast
gOtPUrPL3

Number of posts : 1493
Vehicle : 240sx

PostSubject: Re: crank no start no spark at coil   crank no start no spark at coil Icon_minitimeOctober 12th 2007, 2:55 pm

i had that problem and it was the ecu signal wire
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/xdabsx
Specter
Specter

PostSubject: Re: crank no start no spark at coil   crank no start no spark at coil Icon_minitimeOctober 12th 2007, 3:00 pm

yes and that was exactly what was wrong with mine... in fact not only did the signal wire break it shorted to another wire and blew my ECM fuse

10 min later and a few bits of soder i'm back up and running
Back to top Go down
Nackers
Post Enthusiast
Post Enthusiast
Nackers

Number of posts : 1609
Vehicle : 03 350z and 89 Hatch

PostSubject: Re: crank no start no spark at coil   crank no start no spark at coil Icon_minitimeOctober 12th 2007, 11:13 pm

Hooray...
Back to top Go down
http://nackersdrift.com
k c
Established Member
Established Member

Number of posts : 746
Vehicle : CTA BRO

PostSubject: Re: crank no start no spark at coil   crank no start no spark at coil Icon_minitimeOctober 13th 2007, 12:25 am

now come by and buy my blown t25
Back to top Go down
Nachtmensch
whatever
whatever
Nachtmensch

Number of posts : 11764
Vehicle : MRS, IS350

PostSubject: Re: crank no start no spark at coil   crank no start no spark at coil Icon_minitimeOctober 13th 2007, 1:10 am

problem solved. LOCK
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: crank no start no spark at coil   crank no start no spark at coil Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

crank no start no spark at coil
Page 1 of 1