Chicago Area 240sx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chicago Area 240sx

Since 2006.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

a-town sr's car is fuckedd

Go down 
+5
D*S Dstar
A-Town-SR
Nachtmensch
tyler
FusionR300zx
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
FusionR300zx
Post Whore
Post Whore
FusionR300zx

Number of posts : 3248
Vehicle : 1997 240sx 1993 300zx 2+2

a-town sr's car is fuckedd Empty
PostSubject: a-town sr's car is fuckedd   a-town sr's car is fuckedd Icon_minitimeOctober 2nd 2007, 6:04 pm

says his car backfires under load non stop
sometimes in idle
engine shakes hardcore...
loss of power
boost gauge never goes above 0 under full load at any rpm
minimal shaft play on turbo
no smoke coming out anywhere

idk what it is.... can anyone help him outt?
his comp is fucked.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/aricwithana
tyler
Post Whore
Post Whore

Number of posts : 2227
Vehicle : s14

PostSubject: Re: a-town sr's car is fuckedd   a-town sr's car is fuckedd Icon_minitimeOctober 2nd 2007, 6:20 pm

tell him to call me........ fawkd
Back to top Go down
Nachtmensch
whatever
whatever
Nachtmensch

Number of posts : 11764
Vehicle : MRS, IS350

PostSubject: Re: a-town sr's car is fuckedd   a-town sr's car is fuckedd Icon_minitimeOctober 2nd 2007, 7:08 pm

check compression and plugs. they can usually tell you a fair amount and where to start on something like that

check turbo shaft play and check for any thing unusual (leaks, etc)
Back to top Go down
A-Town-SR
Post Enthusiast
Post Enthusiast
A-Town-SR

Number of posts : 1423
Vehicle : SR 240sx (hatch)

PostSubject: Re: a-town sr's car is fuckedd   a-town sr's car is fuckedd Icon_minitimeOctober 2nd 2007, 7:28 pm

idles fine bogs under load till 3k rpm then goes roughly 3lbs of boost at full throttle 68.5% afl under full throttle no smoke checked all intercooler piping took off intake and elbow checked turbo no oil no to minimum shaft play checked tps sensor all vaccuum lines. going to start checking fuel and spark tomorrow havent checked compression but it idles perfect so im ruling that and spark out right now i guess seeing as if it were spark itd be rough at idle missing so im leaning towards a fuel issue right now
Back to top Go down
D*S Dstar
D*S Dstar

Number of posts : 11254
Vehicle : RED SHARK V1-5, MOBY DICK.

PostSubject: Re: a-town sr's car is fuckedd   a-town sr's car is fuckedd Icon_minitimeOctober 2nd 2007, 8:39 pm

If it was fuel it would still boost at least a little no?
I would think it was something like, coil or distributor....
boost leak? Nah................... i dunno man.
Back to top Go down
https://chicagoarea240sx.editboard.com
tyler
Post Whore
Post Whore

PostSubject: Re: a-town sr's car is fuckedd   a-town sr's car is fuckedd Icon_minitimeOctober 2nd 2007, 9:17 pm

Nachtmensch wrote:
check compression and plugs. they can usually tell you a fair amount and where to start on something like that

^i'd start with that. check your injectors and coil packs.
Back to top Go down
davidricardo86
Light Duty Poster
Light Duty Poster
davidricardo86

Number of posts : 160
Vehicle : 92 S13 SE Coupe

PostSubject: Re: a-town sr's car is fuckedd   a-town sr's car is fuckedd Icon_minitimeOctober 3rd 2007, 2:33 am

Check your ignition timing too! You could be misfiring from something as simple as a spark plug or coil.

Check the fuel pressure regulator by removing the vacuum source hose and sniffing it. If it smells like fuel, the regulator's diagphram is bad.

Could be injectors too but a good way of testing them is with a resistance check with a digital voltage ohm meter. After that you could connect the injectors and put a long screwdriver on each injector to hear if its "clicking or ticking." This will let you know if the injector is working. Compare the sound and results of each to all others and check a Factory Service Manual while youre at it.

Check fuel pressure. Make sure you dont have a restricted fuel filter or a bad fuel pump.

Do a compression test too! It will tell you about the engine's mechanical condition.

Check your MAF and TPS which i think you said you did.

Dont overlook the simple stuff like grounds, fuses, etc.
Back to top Go down
profpin
Light Duty Poster
Light Duty Poster
profpin

Number of posts : 119
Vehicle : sil 80

PostSubject: Re: a-town sr's car is fuckedd   a-town sr's car is fuckedd Icon_minitimeOctober 3rd 2007, 3:08 pm

sounds like you have a simple boost leak..
Back to top Go down
A-Town-SR
Post Enthusiast
Post Enthusiast
A-Town-SR

PostSubject: Re: a-town sr's car is fuckedd   a-town sr's car is fuckedd Icon_minitimeOctober 3rd 2007, 5:47 pm

simple boost leak ehhhh the only other line that could possibly be leaking is the one to my boost gauge and it would have to be leaking in my cockipit or right at the firewall because i checked the rest of it and D * it does boost a lil but at full throttle around 6000rpm it is only at 3 lbs anyone wanna put a day in with me and figure this bitch out like friday i got $ Beer Food the works even a place to crash if your not a fuckin creep
Back to top Go down
profpin
Light Duty Poster
Light Duty Poster
profpin

PostSubject: Re: a-town sr's car is fuckedd   a-town sr's car is fuckedd Icon_minitimeOctober 3rd 2007, 6:14 pm

i would check all your clamps around the couplers of the intercooler piping first.. then the couplers itself.. very easy to check really.. you just need someone to rev your engine and you just run your hands around the piping to feel for airleaks. also check to see if your bov is stuck partially open..(ive seen alot of that happening lately..)
Back to top Go down
A-Town-SR
Post Enthusiast
Post Enthusiast
A-Town-SR

PostSubject: Re: a-town sr's car is fuckedd   a-town sr's car is fuckedd Icon_minitimeOctober 3rd 2007, 6:52 pm

done it as for the bov how can u tell i have a ssqv and it unloads under like no boost pressure
Back to top Go down
tyler
Post Whore
Post Whore

PostSubject: Re: a-town sr's car is fuckedd   a-town sr's car is fuckedd Icon_minitimeOctober 3rd 2007, 6:56 pm

might be able to come up friday. i'll get back to you.
Back to top Go down
profpin
Light Duty Poster
Light Duty Poster
profpin

PostSubject: Re: a-town sr's car is fuckedd   a-town sr's car is fuckedd Icon_minitimeOctober 4th 2007, 11:32 am

your bov should not have any air leaking out under idle.. if it does leak air, then you need to replace it..
Back to top Go down
k c
Established Member
Established Member

Number of posts : 746
Vehicle : CTA BRO

PostSubject: Re: a-town sr's car is fuckedd   a-town sr's car is fuckedd Icon_minitimeOctober 4th 2007, 10:47 pm

yea just put your hand around the bov @ idle, feel air? its leaking. if its idling finei doubt its a boost leak. if you can only boost to 3lbs even at high rpms then you have an exhaust leak, usually the gasket between manifold and turbo goes bad. put your hand by there and have someone rev it and see if you feel any the exhaust or w/e or smell exhaust fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuumes
Back to top Go down
boosted russian
Light Duty Poster
Light Duty Poster

Number of posts : 120

PostSubject: Re: a-town sr's car is fuckedd   a-town sr's car is fuckedd Icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2007, 1:44 am

either an exhaust leak or your wastegate is stuck open.
Back to top Go down
A-Town-SR
Post Enthusiast
Post Enthusiast
A-Town-SR

PostSubject: Re: a-town sr's car is fuckedd   a-town sr's car is fuckedd Icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2007, 1:57 pm

checkin the problem in a bit ill keep u guys posted gonna check for an exhaust leak. And if its the waste gate, will i feel a leak there??
Back to top Go down
k c
Established Member
Established Member

Number of posts : 746
Vehicle : CTA BRO

PostSubject: Re: a-town sr's car is fuckedd   a-town sr's car is fuckedd Icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2007, 2:44 pm

t25 is internal

but i doubt its the wastegate stickin open because you would get 0 boost, but you said u could still go up 3lbs so it not it. if the clip holding the wastegate arm would have fell off and left your wastegate wide open u would have 0 boost. UNLESS something fucked up the length of your wastegate arm to cause the wastegate to open just little bit that might be it. also im not sure but it would make sense if your wastegate was sticking out at idle you would get shitty idle

but my guess is still exhaust leak, before i did my turbo swap my car did feel alot slower. it felt like a vtec engine, my low end torque was horrible but when my rpms went up finally my boost gauge read some boost and all my torque was there. when i took it apart i had this
a-town sr's car is fuckedd DSC01887
Back to top Go down
A-Town-SR
Post Enthusiast
Post Enthusiast
A-Town-SR

PostSubject: Re: a-town sr's car is fuckedd   a-town sr's car is fuckedd Icon_minitimeOctober 6th 2007, 11:29 am

thats what im thinking ill let u guys know the shitty thing is i replaced that gasket no more then 2 months ago
Back to top Go down
A-Town-SR
Post Enthusiast
Post Enthusiast
A-Town-SR

PostSubject: Re: a-town sr's car is fuckedd   a-town sr's car is fuckedd Icon_minitimeOctober 6th 2007, 12:48 pm

ne body wanna come lend me a hand today itd be much helpful kevin i know ur local are you busy? Im basically tooless and need help with reving and checking somebody help me i got the benjamins
Back to top Go down
A-Town-SR
Post Enthusiast
Post Enthusiast
A-Town-SR

PostSubject: Re: a-town sr's car is fuckedd   a-town sr's car is fuckedd Icon_minitimeOctober 6th 2007, 12:54 pm

i guess it will be helpful if u had my dell phone it is 847 387 9775 just call me asap if ne of u think ud be able to make it thanks later
Back to top Go down
A-Town-SR
Post Enthusiast
Post Enthusiast
A-Town-SR

PostSubject: Re: a-town sr's car is fuckedd   a-town sr's car is fuckedd Icon_minitimeOctober 6th 2007, 2:16 pm

kevin do u have a spark plug wrench cuz i dont have a socket deep enough let me know i need one asap i got all the coils out so hurry up and call me fuckerface
Back to top Go down
Nachtmensch
whatever
whatever
Nachtmensch

Number of posts : 11764
Vehicle : MRS, IS350

PostSubject: Re: a-town sr's car is fuckedd   a-town sr's car is fuckedd Icon_minitimeOctober 6th 2007, 3:24 pm

yeah i do, but im at work. sorry bro.

call peter. ill PM you his home number (no cell)
Back to top Go down
A-Town-SR
Post Enthusiast
Post Enthusiast
A-Town-SR

PostSubject: Re: a-town sr's car is fuckedd   a-town sr's car is fuckedd Icon_minitimeOctober 8th 2007, 2:18 pm

well just pulled the plugs it looks like the tip of the number 1 spark plug broke off but im not sure if that would be the problem solver just yet ill let u know when i install new ones
Back to top Go down
tyler
Post Whore
Post Whore

PostSubject: Re: a-town sr's car is fuckedd   a-town sr's car is fuckedd Icon_minitimeOctober 8th 2007, 7:16 pm

dont worry you useless mother fuckers we found the problem fawkd
Back to top Go down
A-Town-SR
Post Enthusiast
Post Enthusiast
A-Town-SR

PostSubject: Re: a-town sr's car is fuckedd   a-town sr's car is fuckedd Icon_minitimeOctober 9th 2007, 12:49 am

yea after i did a boost leak check and ran 40 psi through my piping and my piping shot off and clipped my head barely wouldda died shit was crazy got scratched by the clamp on the coupler as it slammed into my hood so no boost leak injector o ring u cock suckers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: a-town sr's car is fuckedd   a-town sr's car is fuckedd Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

a-town sr's car is fuckedd
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicago Area 240sx :: S Chassis Specific :: 240sx Tech and Confusion-
Jump to: