Chicago Area 240sx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chicago Area 240sx

Since 2006.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Random Issue at coil

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
afliction523
Light Duty Poster
Light Duty Poster

Number of posts : 180
Vehicle : s13 USDM Coupe

Random Issue at coil Empty
PostSubject: Random Issue at coil   Random Issue at coil Icon_minitimeAugust 18th 2007, 5:14 pm

Im randomly loosing spark on my s13. Its a ka-t, but I dont think that makes any difference. I was driving one day and the car just died. I pulled over. I checked my ignition coil and no spark coming from it to the distributor. I wait a few mins and crank it and spark comes back....and the car starts. I drive about another 400 miles and it happens again. A total loss of ignition to the distributor. I replace my ignition coil this time with a msd, and get some new wires as well. It happens again. I tested all the electrical conections and they all have power where they should. I was thinking maybe my cam position sensor in the distributor, but am not sure. I heard that if i unplug it after it stalls and plug it back in a few times the injectors should click which keeps happening so i am assuming that it is working. I checked for codes on my ecu and i do get a cas code and a primary ignition loss code that trip. Any ideas. BTW i also replaced the ignitor with another one. This has been happening radomly and i also had a bad battery that was only at 11.4 volts. I just picked up a new one today. Anyone ever had a similar issue. Its getting worse and does it more often lately.
Back to top Go down
Specter
WALLA WALLA WASHINGTON!!!!!!!!
Specter

Number of posts : 2505
Vehicle : '89 Piggy Coupe

PostSubject: Re: Random Issue at coil   Random Issue at coil Icon_minitimeAugust 18th 2007, 11:28 pm

it's your ingniter...
Back to top Go down
afliction523
Light Duty Poster
Light Duty Poster

PostSubject: Re: Random Issue at coil   Random Issue at coil Icon_minitimeAugust 19th 2007, 9:59 am

I'm pretty sure its not I swapped it out with another one but anyone got a ka24de ignitor lying around ill try it
Back to top Go down
Specter
Specter

Number of posts : 2505
Vehicle : '89 Piggy Coupe

PostSubject: Re: Random Issue at coil   Random Issue at coil Icon_minitimeAugust 19th 2007, 11:19 am

well you swapped coils and that didn't work

are you testing for spark at the coil when this happens or at the plugs?

cause you're dizzy could be fouled
Back to top Go down
afliction523
Light Duty Poster
Light Duty Poster

PostSubject: Re: Random Issue at coil   Random Issue at coil Icon_minitimeAugust 19th 2007, 5:15 pm

I swapped ignitors already also. Im going to try and find a new dizzy hopefully that works.
Back to top Go down
afliction523
Light Duty Poster
Light Duty Poster

PostSubject: Re: Random Issue at coil   Random Issue at coil Icon_minitimeAugust 25th 2007, 6:28 pm

Can anyone give me a sure fire way to test my crank angle sensor in my dizzy??
Back to top Go down
afliction523
Light Duty Poster
Light Duty Poster

PostSubject: Re: Random Issue at coil   Random Issue at coil Icon_minitimeAugust 25th 2007, 7:35 pm

I am now sure its the cas. When i finally get it to not start i hear fuel going to the motor as i plug and un plug the harness to my crank angle sensor on the distributor. I dont get any ticks for the injectors however. After cranking for a while it works. I also have code 11 tripped.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Issue at coil   Random Issue at coil Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Issue at coil
Page 1 of 1