Chicago Area 240sx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chicago Area 240sx

Since 2006.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ok im having some trouble.

Go down 
+4
k c
Nackers
whiteazn1184
D*S Dstar
8 posters
AuthorMessage
D*S Dstar
D*S Dstar

Number of posts : 11254
Vehicle : RED SHARK V1-5, MOBY DICK.

Ok im having some trouble. Empty
PostSubject: Ok im having some trouble.   Ok im having some trouble. Icon_minitimeJune 19th 2007, 11:38 pm

Me and the Roskiller were on our way to TF on Friday when my car started overheating and misfiring. It was fucking horrible..as long as i kept the throttle retarded smooth and the car didnt hit any bumps...it kept going but as soon as i tried to give it throttle it would misfire NASTY. LIke...i cant tell wether it was cutting fuel or spark but it was one of the two. It was really bad whenever my car would hit a bump with my foot on the gas...fucking car would misfire continoulsly until i pulled my foot completely out of the gas......so i had to pull my foot out of the gas at every miniscule bump then get on the gas ever so fucking slightly.
I think it might be my distributor or my coil but i dunno how to tell for sure. I can drive my car fine on the street kind of but it still does it when i hit a bump with my foot on the gas at all.... It also does it less the cooler the car is but it never goes away completely. Thanks for your help kids.
Back to top Go down
https://chicagoarea240sx.editboard.com
whiteazn1184
Established Member
Established Member
whiteazn1184

Number of posts : 582
Vehicle : 02 Subaru Wagon

PostSubject: Re: Ok im having some trouble.   Ok im having some trouble. Icon_minitimeJune 20th 2007, 12:03 am

check all your connection if they loose... especially your injectors
Back to top Go down
Nackers
Post Enthusiast
Post Enthusiast
Nackers

Number of posts : 1609
Vehicle : 03 350z and 89 Hatch

PostSubject: Re: Ok im having some trouble.   Ok im having some trouble. Icon_minitimeJune 20th 2007, 12:07 am

Hum... at first I was thinking TPS judging just by the misfiring, but why that would cause overheating... idk. Did you notice the car spitting out black smoke, smell fuel, or see fuel dripping out of the tailpipe? Maybe the distributer is fucked causeing the misfire, but again, why the overheating. Could it possibly be the coolant temp sensor giving a bad reading and causing the car to run funky?

Why not put a test light on each plug wire to insure that there is current going to the plugs. Then make sure the plugs are all firing. Make sure the wires are making a good connection to both the distributer and the plugs. Take the dizzy out and spin it and see if it sounds fine. Idk how to test the temp sensor. The KA does have 2 temp sensors right? 1 for the ecu and 1 for the gauge cluster?

Just myself typing what I'm thinking in my head to maybe spark some more ideas.
Back to top Go down
http://nackersdrift.com
D*S Dstar
D*S Dstar

PostSubject: Re: Ok im having some trouble.   Ok im having some trouble. Icon_minitimeJune 20th 2007, 12:10 am

I think the overheating and the misfiring are seperate.....but im sure the overheating didnt help. Ive been driving it to and from work in the heat and after draining it and refilling hte rad it doesnt oveheat anymore but he misfires are still there.
Back to top Go down
k c
Established Member
Established Member

Number of posts : 746
Vehicle : CTA BRO

PostSubject: Re: Ok im having some trouble.   Ok im having some trouble. Icon_minitimeJune 20th 2007, 1:00 am

this is a sign, for you to go

S R 2 0 D E T

lol!

sigh im useless
Back to top Go down
Specter
WALLA WALLA WASHINGTON!!!!!!!!
WALLA WALLA WASHINGTON!!!!!!!!
Specter

Number of posts : 2505
Vehicle : '89 Piggy Coupe

PostSubject: Re: Ok im having some trouble.   Ok im having some trouble. Icon_minitimeJune 20th 2007, 8:19 am

don't be to sure on that D*star

sometimes you will have an intermittent miss when the engine is hot because of the heat. this causes a small break in the wire to become bigger [due to thermostatic expansion] and create a break in the circuit...

these are the worst problems to find because unless you replicate the same temps/conditions everything will check out fine.

HOWEVER that is just one posibiblty, check everything that Nackers said, and also have you considered that this is a fuel issue?

when is the last time you changed out your inline fuel filter?
Back to top Go down
Adikt
Forum Frequenter
Forum Frequenter

Number of posts : 267
Vehicle : Nismo 270R Knockoff

PostSubject: Re: Ok im having some trouble.   Ok im having some trouble. Icon_minitimeJune 20th 2007, 11:50 am

May not be it but since you are super slammed have you checked the wiring harnesses in both wheel wells? It would explain why it happens everytime you hit a bump, sorta...
Back to top Go down
D*S Dstar
D*S Dstar

PostSubject: Re: Ok im having some trouble.   Ok im having some trouble. Icon_minitimeJune 20th 2007, 3:14 pm

Ive recently changed my fuel filter to a 300zx one.
Thats not it, it was running fine with it.
I have checked my harnesses and they check out fine.
Im gonna check all the wiring i can, and maybe check out hte injectors also. Anyone know what the syptoms of a bad dizzy or coil are?
Back to top Go down
Nackers
Post Enthusiast
Post Enthusiast
Nackers

PostSubject: Re: Ok im having some trouble.   Ok im having some trouble. Icon_minitimeJune 20th 2007, 4:11 pm

Misfire?

I do know that if you pull the cap off and pull the dizzy out you can spin it and listen to it... I believe it should have a nice smooth feel to spinning it. If its kinda noisy and clunky, I'd replace it.

Just remember to put the dizzy in the same way it came out.
Back to top Go down
tyler
Post Whore
Post Whore

Number of posts : 2227
Vehicle : s14

PostSubject: Re: Ok im having some trouble.   Ok im having some trouble. Icon_minitimeJune 20th 2007, 9:26 pm

one of my injectors crapped out on me the other night. it was driving fine for a while, then it was misfiring bad. so something fuel related is a possibility. if your distributor is shot, let me know..... i have an extra one in my garage. you can have it.
Back to top Go down
D*S Dstar
D*S Dstar

PostSubject: Re: Ok im having some trouble.   Ok im having some trouble. Icon_minitimeJune 21st 2007, 1:20 am

YES............just what i suspected.....Trucky and me were stumped........then we argued......He kept saying it was fuel related, i kept saying it was spark related.........we changed out my distributor..........WHAM........runs perfect now.
Back to top Go down
D*S Roski
DS! DS! DS!
DS! DS! DS!
D*S Roski

Number of posts : 3911
Vehicle : g35

PostSubject: Re: Ok im having some trouble.   Ok im having some trouble. Icon_minitimeJune 21st 2007, 1:49 am

I FUCKIN TOLD YOU!. . .

meh. . .
at least its over now . . .
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/roskiller
tyler
Post Whore
Post Whore

Number of posts : 2227
Vehicle : s14

PostSubject: Re: Ok im having some trouble.   Ok im having some trouble. Icon_minitimeJune 21st 2007, 11:19 am

nice....... glad to hear everything worked out.
Back to top Go down
Nackers
Post Enthusiast
Post Enthusiast
Nackers

PostSubject: Re: Ok im having some trouble.   Ok im having some trouble. Icon_minitimeJune 22nd 2007, 3:27 pm

Damn Edgar, your a noob.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ok im having some trouble.   Ok im having some trouble. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ok im having some trouble.
Page 1 of 1