Chicago Area 240sx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chicago Area 240sx

Since 2006.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

need some sr tech

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
RR_180sx
Asserts himself
Asserts himself
RR_180sx

Number of posts : 73
Vehicle : Snatchback

need some sr tech Empty
PostSubject: need some sr tech   need some sr tech Icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2012, 9:58 pm

before you street fighter Hadouken my shit, ive been searching and didnt get any solid answers so...

Im not getting any spark when i have the coilpacks plugged into there holes but when i pull them out and lay them on some metal I.e. wiper arms i get spark across them. Ive tried two diff harness and two diff coilpack harness and nothing. its grounded solid to the head and all the other grounds ive checked, checked again, replaced and checked again. still no spark when plugged into the holes. obviously not the ignitor so what am i missing? motor worked fine in my old shell before swapping to D* shell...
Back to top Go down
Nachtmensch
whatever
whatever
Nachtmensch

Number of posts : 11764
Vehicle : MRS, IS350

need some sr tech Empty
PostSubject: Re: need some sr tech   need some sr tech Icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2012, 10:01 pm

How do you know you have no spark with the coils plugged in?
Back to top Go down
RR_180sx
Asserts himself
Asserts himself
RR_180sx

need some sr tech Empty
PostSubject: Re: need some sr tech   need some sr tech Icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2012, 10:10 pm

correction when not touching anything i get no spark. when i lay the body of the coilpack on the metal i get spark. everything i know makes me think grounding issue but as stated grounds all look solid
Back to top Go down
HotTeen99
Fucking Noob
Fucking Noob

Number of posts : 19

need some sr tech Empty
PostSubject: Re: need some sr tech   need some sr tech Icon_minitimeFebruary 14th 2012, 12:36 pm

I had a similar problem before. First sr in that shell?? U said u tried differen harnesses... The connector from engine harness to body harness, up front next to the battery... They connect fine, but the order of the wires r different. Did u check those?
Back to top Go down
RR_180sx
Asserts himself
Asserts himself
RR_180sx

need some sr tech Empty
PostSubject: Re: need some sr tech   need some sr tech Icon_minitimeFebruary 14th 2012, 4:02 pm

yea checked that its wired properly on both harness i have. correct me if im wrong but theres ground from intake manifold to chassis, from harness by injectors to intake manifold, from coilpack harness to back of head, from head by exhuast manifold to chassis, from neg battery to chassis spot in trunk.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

need some sr tech Empty
PostSubject: Re: need some sr tech   need some sr tech Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

need some sr tech
Page 1 of 1