Chicago Area 240sx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chicago Area 240sx

Since 2006.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

newwwwb, needs direction

Go down 
+9
theboy
DJ Longdick
Los Vlados Locos
fresheg6
D*S Dave
Adrian_S13
Nachtmensch
domdaaxe58
slow n ugly
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
slow n ugly
Fucking Noob
Fucking Noob

Number of posts : 53
Vehicle : 90, 240 hatch

newwwwb, needs direction Empty
PostSubject: newwwwb, needs direction   newwwwb, needs direction Icon_minitimeMarch 6th 2011, 11:21 pm

sup guys, got a 90 s13 hatch. its auto and grandma\'s penis gay, car has 40 thou on it and it runs like it. its rusty as fuck but so far ive gotten office coilovers for the front, cheap bbs lookalike rims, and general maintenance, i traded some tools for it and after i dropped like 50 bucks in it, it starts every day, i wanna do a basic sr swap and full suspension any suggestions???
Back to top Go down
slow n ugly
Fucking Noob
Fucking Noob

PostSubject: Re: newwwwb, needs direction   newwwwb, needs direction Icon_minitimeMarch 6th 2011, 11:27 pm

oh yeah, didnt introduce myself, names marcelo im attending lincoln tech and have always loved 240's. ive owned a 87 mustang, 2 accords, and a 78 malibu. finnaly woke up and smelled the power to weight ratio! need a sr20 in my 240 asap!!!
Back to top Go down
domdaaxe58
Established Member
Established Member
domdaaxe58

Number of posts : 604
Vehicle : Gay 350z Vert

PostSubject: Re: newwwwb, needs direction   newwwwb, needs direction Icon_minitimeMarch 6th 2011, 11:37 pm

So, what are you asking exactly?
Back to top Go down
Nachtmensch
whatever
whatever
Nachtmensch

Number of posts : 11764
Vehicle : MRS, IS350

PostSubject: Re: newwwwb, needs direction   newwwwb, needs direction Icon_minitimeMarch 7th 2011, 12:37 am

slow n ugly wrote:
i wanna do a basic sr swap and full suspension any suggestions???
We get motors at ILL Garage and can do the swap as well. For full suspension Stance is a local favorite because they are local and any warranty work can be done quickly, plus they go low low. I've had good results with BC Racing, BuddyClub N1, and Tein Flex on customer cars too. If you want to spend more on quality coils, DG5 coils are top notch for S13s
Back to top Go down
Adrian_S13
Wizard
Wizard
Adrian_S13

Number of posts : 1310
Vehicle : Aristo....

PostSubject: Re: newwwwb, needs direction   newwwwb, needs direction Icon_minitimeMarch 7th 2011, 12:43 am

learn to drive it as is first. then worry about getting an sr.
Back to top Go down
D*S Dave
DS! DS! DS!
DS! DS! DS!
D*S Dave

Number of posts : 3128
Vehicle : Nostromo

PostSubject: Re: newwwwb, needs direction   newwwwb, needs direction Icon_minitimeMarch 7th 2011, 12:58 am

You a black Marcelo?
Back to top Go down
fresheg6
Light Duty Poster
Light Duty Poster
fresheg6

Number of posts : 177
Vehicle : 91 s13

PostSubject: Re: newwwwb, needs direction   newwwwb, needs direction Icon_minitimeMarch 7th 2011, 1:49 am

get emotor coils and do a manual swap.
Back to top Go down
D*S Dave
DS! DS! DS!
DS! DS! DS!
D*S Dave

Number of posts : 3128
Vehicle : Nostromo

PostSubject: Re: newwwwb, needs direction   newwwwb, needs direction Icon_minitimeMarch 7th 2011, 1:50 am

fresheg6 wrote:
get emotor coils and do a manual swap.
Back to top Go down
Los Vlados Locos
Captain Obvious
Captain Obvious

Number of posts : 2188

PostSubject: Re: newwwwb, needs direction   newwwwb, needs direction Icon_minitimeMarch 7th 2011, 2:11 am

Or you can save up a little more and not get something better....

Last edited by Los Vlados Locos. on March 7th 2011, 7:49 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
DJ Longdick
DS! DS! DS!
DS! DS! DS!
DJ Longdick

Number of posts : 4358
Vehicle : D*Squad 86

PostSubject: Re: newwwwb, needs direction   newwwwb, needs direction Icon_minitimeMarch 7th 2011, 2:59 am

or you can just shut the fuck up and ask a forum who cares.
Back to top Go down
theboy
Forum Frequenter
Forum Frequenter

Number of posts : 224

PostSubject: Re: newwwwb, needs direction   newwwwb, needs direction Icon_minitimeMarch 7th 2011, 7:40 am

DS LongGrain wrote:
or you can just shut the fuck up and ask a forum who cares.
Back to top Go down
Los Vlados Locos
Captain Obvious
Captain Obvious

Number of posts : 2188

PostSubject: Re: newwwwb, needs direction   newwwwb, needs direction Icon_minitimeMarch 7th 2011, 7:49 am

Did someone edit my post, or am I going crazy?

I could have sworn I put "get something better" rather then "get emotors."
Back to top Go down
DJ Longdick
DS! DS! DS!
DS! DS! DS!
DJ Longdick

Number of posts : 4358
Vehicle : D*Squad 86

PostSubject: Re: newwwwb, needs direction   newwwwb, needs direction Icon_minitimeMarch 7th 2011, 1:05 pm

umm, you're going crazy. Your post makes no sense now..
Back to top Go down
whiterps13
Post Enthusiast
Post Enthusiast
whiterps13

Number of posts : 1385
Vehicle : S4

PostSubject: Re: newwwwb, needs direction   newwwwb, needs direction Icon_minitimeMarch 7th 2011, 2:19 pm

There is nothing better than a "general guidance" question on a local forum.

Really brings out the helpfulness of our members.

Take home message; GET FUCKED.
Back to top Go down
slow n ugly
Fucking Noob
Fucking Noob

PostSubject: Re: newwwwb, needs direction   newwwwb, needs direction Icon_minitimeMarch 7th 2011, 3:05 pm

tnks, im not black
and i think ill get a manual swap for my single cam and worry about an sr swap later on
stance sounds nice, ive heard good things
i do want to do the swap myself, and the only reason i dont want an rb or even something fancier is i just want functionality and affordability, not like those fags that drop chevy boat anchors in 240s. cant wait!
Back to top Go down
whiterps13
Post Enthusiast
Post Enthusiast
whiterps13

Number of posts : 1385
Vehicle : S4

PostSubject: Re: newwwwb, needs direction   newwwwb, needs direction Icon_minitimeMarch 7th 2011, 5:05 pm

Shut up. A running LSx swap with headers is barely 60-80 pounds heavier than an SR swap by the time everything is said and done. The functionality and affordability is there, if you can get over all of these internet purist's crying and shit. If you dont like v8's thats one thing, but the whole weight argument is dumb and overplayed to the max. It pisses me off. Even a super skinny coked-out bitch riding shotgun weighs more.

With that being said, get Stance coilovers and you will be happy. Get some sort of differential and learn how to drive with a single slammer. Spend your money on suspension, tires, a good bucket seat and then track time.

Put some money aside for maintenence because shit always breaks. Its better to have a lame car that runs than a cool car that is always broken.

Back to top Go down
shiftin_sideways
Light Duty Poster
Light Duty Poster

Number of posts : 118

PostSubject: Re: newwwwb, needs direction   newwwwb, needs direction Icon_minitimeMarch 7th 2011, 8:03 pm

learn to drive your car with the stock engine. the only engine you should buy is another ka because it's going to eventually blow. suspension comes first and for most. it's a night and day difference when driving. I have some stance coils for sale. their the al models, which i think stance stopped making.
Back to top Go down
slow n ugly
Fucking Noob
Fucking Noob

PostSubject: Re: newwwwb, needs direction   newwwwb, needs direction Icon_minitimeMarch 7th 2011, 11:11 pm

i got some kei office coilovers, but for the front only. id be really interested in the back ones, im in a tight spot for cash. i need to sell my 78 malibu(boat). is there a huge difference from the single cam to the dual ka's ???
Back to top Go down
slow n ugly
Fucking Noob
Fucking Noob

PostSubject: Re: newwwwb, needs direction   newwwwb, needs direction Icon_minitimeMarch 7th 2011, 11:15 pm

and tnks whiterps13, i have a v8 in my wagon, its just too thirsty, i appreciate the advice and will definitely invest more cash in suspension and track time:)
Back to top Go down
theboy
Forum Frequenter
Forum Frequenter

Number of posts : 224

PostSubject: Re: newwwwb, needs direction   newwwwb, needs direction Icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2011, 12:35 pm

slow n ugly wrote:
i got some kei office coilovers, but for the front only. id be really interested in the back ones, im in a tight spot for cash. i need to sell my 78 malibu(boat). is there a huge difference from the single cam to the dual ka's ???

no they are basically the same. People say the dohc is better but in the end its personal preference. Only difference i found between the 2 is a hicas dohc s13 will beat a sohc in the 1/4 mile. But drag racing is gay once you build a car for drifting. The sohc will get you thru a lot before you blow it up, cause every ka eventually blows up. But they are cheap enough to where youll replace it and have very little down time (im selling a basically brand new sohc if interested, only that wasnt replaced was the block).
Back to top Go down
slow n ugly
Fucking Noob
Fucking Noob

PostSubject: Re: newwwwb, needs direction   newwwwb, needs direction Icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2011, 1:54 pm

how much??? mine runs great, but i want a spare
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: newwwwb, needs direction   newwwwb, needs direction Icon_minitimeMay 9th 2011, 9:34 pm

You really have nothing to lose and owe it to your body to give P90X an honest shot! If I can offer any advice when it comes to finding the program to purchase online I would strongly suggest that you only purchase from the Official P90X websitefor a few reasons.

1.) If you buy from the Official p90x nutritionwebsite you will get two FREE workouts. Tony Horton will throw in his training program called “Fountain of Youth”, which is a beginner Yoga routine. Not only that but he will also throw in “Mammoth UML”, which is the ultimate Upper-Middle-Lower workout. You only get those two bonuses for buying through the official site.

2.) It is 100% Risk Free. If you purchase through the official website they offer a full 90 day satisfaction guarantee. If for some reason you are not happy with the program, all you have to do is return it in the first 90 days for a complete refund.

Word of caution! If you happen to find this program anywhere else online for less than the $119.85 there is a huge chance that it is fake or incomplete. If you want to be safe and make sure you get the full program, spend the few extra dollars and purchase from the official p90x workout schedule. Don’t you think you owe it to your body?

There are two main P90x packages you can purchase. The first comes with the bands, and pull-up bar, as well as the very tasty recovery drinks. The second package only has the P90X videos.
Back to top Go down
D*S Roski
DS! DS! DS!
DS! DS! DS!
D*S Roski

Number of posts : 3911
Vehicle : g35

PostSubject: Re: newwwwb, needs direction   newwwwb, needs direction Icon_minitimeMay 9th 2011, 9:54 pm

^^^ thats all the direction you need. .

fatboy
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/roskiller
D*S Dstar
D*S Dstar

Number of posts : 11254
Vehicle : RED SHARK V1-5, MOBY DICK.

PostSubject: Re: newwwwb, needs direction   newwwwb, needs direction Icon_minitimeMay 9th 2011, 10:10 pm

loled so hard.
Back to top Go down
https://chicagoarea240sx.editboard.com
domdaaxe58
Established Member
Established Member
domdaaxe58

Number of posts : 604
Vehicle : Gay 350z Vert

PostSubject: Re: newwwwb, needs direction   newwwwb, needs direction Icon_minitimeMay 9th 2011, 10:36 pm

Hahahahahaha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: newwwwb, needs direction   newwwwb, needs direction Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

newwwwb, needs direction
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next