Chicago Area 240sx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chicago Area 240sx

Since 2006.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

S13 Garbage sitting in my garage.

Go down 
+8
bentleyshit
robinson.erik
jhpark541
danstel456
drftx
RAD MIKE Circa 3006
Specter
Teo
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Teo
Forum Frequenter
Forum Frequenter
Teo

Number of posts : 433
Vehicle : Nissan Stanza

S13 Garbage sitting in my garage. Empty
PostSubject: S13 Garbage sitting in my garage.   S13 Garbage sitting in my garage. Icon_minitimeMarch 3rd 2011, 12:12 pm

I have a pile of stuff I don't need that seems to keep growing.
I want it gone.
Let me know what you need and make me a bogus offer.
I want it gone.
I want it gone.

I have a front crossmember thinger with motor mounts, steering rack, inner tie rods.
Also have front shitty rotors, calipers, full stock suspension. Random stock tension rods and control arms, let me know if anything like that is needed and I'll go look for it.
Sohc PS lines. PS resovoir.
S13 doors with glass and mirrors (clean)
Coupe interior parts (mostly doo doo brown)
Stock coupe right taillight. (clean)
Stock coupe left taillight damaged on the inside-Free
Sohc MAF
eGay short throw shifter
A few gauge clusters sohc, dohc, digital and analog. Not sure what works.

Let me know if you need any of this stuff. It's just taking up space, I'll scrap it if nobody needs it.
I want it gone.

Thanks!!

Back to top Go down
Specter
WALLA WALLA WASHINGTON!!!!!!!!
Specter

Number of posts : 2505
Vehicle : '89 Piggy Coupe

PostSubject: Re: S13 Garbage sitting in my garage.   S13 Garbage sitting in my garage. Icon_minitimeMarch 3rd 2011, 12:16 pm

hey, do you have those beefy ass bolts [and the nuts to go with them] that hold the tension rod to the tension rod bracket? mine are rusted the fuck in my old tension rods, and i'm not sure if i trust the "grade 8" bolts at hardware stores.

lemme know

Back to top Go down
RAD MIKE Circa 3006
Starry Night, Celestial Skies.
Starry Night, Celestial Skies.
RAD MIKE Circa 3006

Number of posts : 3524

PostSubject: Re: S13 Garbage sitting in my garage.   S13 Garbage sitting in my garage. Icon_minitimeMarch 3rd 2011, 12:24 pm

I wouldnt even take 5 dollars from this dude if he gave it to me.

JK.
Buy this shit.
Back to top Go down
drftx
Dancing with the stars
Dancing with the stars
drftx

Number of posts : 1013
Vehicle : 90 240sx

PostSubject: Re: S13 Garbage sitting in my garage.   S13 Garbage sitting in my garage. Icon_minitimeMarch 3rd 2011, 3:14 pm

hows the steering rack ?? and if u got a front 4 lug hub ill take em
Back to top Go down
http://www.wtfitzac.blogspot.com
danstel456
Forum Frequenter
Forum Frequenter
danstel456

Number of posts : 241
Vehicle : 1992 240sx

PostSubject: Re: S13 Garbage sitting in my garage.   S13 Garbage sitting in my garage. Icon_minitimeMarch 3rd 2011, 3:58 pm

those mirrors powered
Back to top Go down
Teo
Forum Frequenter
Forum Frequenter
Teo

PostSubject: Re: S13 Garbage sitting in my garage.   S13 Garbage sitting in my garage. Icon_minitimeMarch 3rd 2011, 4:03 pm

drftx wrote:
hows the steering rack ?? and if u got a front 4 lug hub ill take em

^Duder you've been texting me about those hubs all morning. I already told you I'll sell em to you. lol

The steering rack is all good. No leaks or anything. You already got my number so hit me up if you want the rack as well.

SPEKTORZZ I'll search for those bolts, but I think I remember torching out my old ones and using these. I'll check tonight though.

And yeah the mirrors are power. Not power folding or whatever, just stock power usdm ones. One of them has overspray on it but it can be cleaned up or repainted.
Back to top Go down
Specter
Specter

PostSubject: Re: S13 Garbage sitting in my garage.   S13 Garbage sitting in my garage. Icon_minitimeMarch 3rd 2011, 10:20 pm

if you have them let me know... cause mine aren't coming out in one piece
Back to top Go down
jhpark541
Fucking Noob
Fucking Noob

Number of posts : 51

PostSubject: Re: S13 Garbage sitting in my garage.   S13 Garbage sitting in my garage. Icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2011, 10:38 am

I'm lookin for a passenger side tension rod bracket if it's in good shape (and no rust). And if you got it, I'll take a handful of your stock suspension parts for the passenger side off your hands (inner & outer tie rods, control arm, etc.). LMK
Back to top Go down
Teo
Forum Frequenter
Forum Frequenter
Teo

PostSubject: Re: S13 Garbage sitting in my garage.   S13 Garbage sitting in my garage. Icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2011, 11:28 am

Passenger side stuff I got, inner tie rod, control arm, possibly outer tie rod. The tension rod brackets were mangled like most of em though, so I tossed that.

As for those big bolts for the tension rods, I can't seem to find em, sorry.
Back to top Go down
robinson.erik
Fucking Noob
Fucking Noob

Number of posts : 25

PostSubject: Re: S13 Garbage sitting in my garage.   S13 Garbage sitting in my garage. Icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2011, 11:45 am

Dude, all the suspension bolts on 240s are all grade 8, in fact I don't know of any cars that don't use grade 8, you can't get much stronger, that stuff in the hardware store is more than enough, unless you want to go titanium, but unless you're driving indy cars you don't need Ti
Back to top Go down
Specter
Specter

PostSubject: Re: S13 Garbage sitting in my garage.   S13 Garbage sitting in my garage. Icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2011, 11:59 am

i don't know who the fuck you are, but there was a reason that grade 8 was in quotation marks.

"grade 8" is not much more than a marketing device now; ask yourself the question, grade 8 in what country, China? Taiwan? someplace where the term "metallurgy" means a 2 week course in a government run college?

if it was not for the fact that these two bolts hold back 70% of the braking force of the car i would not be so paranoid.
Back to top Go down
robinson.erik
Fucking Noob
Fucking Noob

PostSubject: Re: S13 Garbage sitting in my garage.   S13 Garbage sitting in my garage. Icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2011, 12:19 pm

Alright man I didn't mean to come off like an ass, so sorry for that. But the stuff in the hardware store is completely fine. But there is no way a hardware store is gonna sell bad bolts, highly unlikely. In fact I'd bet you the stuff there is actually better than stock. Look at how Nissan put together the front suspension towers, partly with epoxy. So I promise you'll be ok with grade 8. I mean contractors come in to buy those same bolts to put together decks and stuff. If you don't feel confident with that, then check out http://www.ballerbolts.com/ you can't get stronger than that. I didn't mean to be a dick, so again, sorry.
Back to top Go down
Teo
Forum Frequenter
Forum Frequenter
Teo

PostSubject: Re: S13 Garbage sitting in my garage.   S13 Garbage sitting in my garage. Icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2011, 12:29 pm

I don't really trust hardware store bolts with stuff like that. I've broken a few of them before. Whenever I go to junkyards I take as many of those big ass bolts as I can find.

There are a few places on the car where I would go through trouble for oem, one of them being tension rod bolts. Using hardware bolts for other stuff would be fine though I'm sure. But what do I know?

Either way, I don't have anymore.
Back to top Go down
bentleyshit
Light Duty Poster
Light Duty Poster
bentleyshit

Number of posts : 158
Vehicle : kouki ka-t s14

PostSubject: Re: S13 Garbage sitting in my garage.   S13 Garbage sitting in my garage. Icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2011, 4:00 pm

buy his stuff!
Back to top Go down
Vegas13
Light Duty Poster
Light Duty Poster
Vegas13

Number of posts : 128

PostSubject: Re: S13 Garbage sitting in my garage.   S13 Garbage sitting in my garage. Icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2011, 4:54 pm

egay short throw still available?
Back to top Go down
Specter
Specter

PostSubject: Re: S13 Garbage sitting in my garage.   S13 Garbage sitting in my garage. Icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2011, 8:06 pm

robinson.erik wrote:
Alright man I didn't mean to come off like an ass, so sorry for that. But the stuff in the hardware store is completely fine. But there is no way a hardware store is gonna sell bad bolts, highly unlikely. In fact I'd bet you the stuff there is actually better than stock. Look at how Nissan put together the front suspension towers, partly with epoxy. So I promise you'll be ok with grade 8. I mean contractors come in to buy those same bolts to put together decks and stuff. If you don't feel confident with that, then check out http://www.ballerbolts.com/ you can't get stronger than that. I didn't mean to be a dick, so again, sorry.

stock bolts; grade 8.8 manufactured in japan.

hardware store bolts; grade "8" manufactured where ever is cheapest.

decks and stuff don't have to hold up to 140mph to 0 braking, with the full force of the front brakes on two bolts.

flogging a dead horse now, ordered them from Nissan [which surprisingly is only going to take 3 days]

okay, back on topic, you would not happen to have the third brake light that sits on the rear deck in doo-doo brown? intact with lens and stuff? i've been missing mine since i bought the car.

Back to top Go down
Specter
Specter

PostSubject: Re: S13 Garbage sitting in my garage.   S13 Garbage sitting in my garage. Icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2011, 8:15 pm

oh and along with the third brake light, do you have the drivers front power seatbelt, belt? doo-doo brown again. not the lap belt, but the shoulder belt.
Back to top Go down
slow n ugly
Fucking Noob
Fucking Noob

Number of posts : 53
Vehicle : 90, 240 hatch

PostSubject: Re: S13 Garbage sitting in my garage.   S13 Garbage sitting in my garage. Icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2011, 9:56 pm

ill go pick up spindles asap of you got em!!
Back to top Go down
Teo
Forum Frequenter
Forum Frequenter
Teo

PostSubject: Re: S13 Garbage sitting in my garage.   S13 Garbage sitting in my garage. Icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2011, 10:04 am

I believe I do have that 3rd light, in doo doo brown, with the lens.

The seatbelt I do not.

The spindles I may have sold already, but I'll let you know right away if they don't go.
Back to top Go down
Specter
Specter

PostSubject: Re: S13 Garbage sitting in my garage.   S13 Garbage sitting in my garage. Icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2011, 11:23 am

sweet, where you at and how much you want?
Back to top Go down
slow n ugly
Fucking Noob
Fucking Noob

Number of posts : 53
Vehicle : 90, 240 hatch

PostSubject: Re: S13 Garbage sitting in my garage.   S13 Garbage sitting in my garage. Icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2011, 4:55 pm

sweet, juss lemmie know- i broke a bolt in my spindle and dont want to risk drilling it out and damaging the threads, and if i do i wanna have a backup
Back to top Go down
Teo
Forum Frequenter
Forum Frequenter
Teo

PostSubject: Re: S13 Garbage sitting in my garage.   S13 Garbage sitting in my garage. Icon_minitimeMarch 6th 2011, 10:16 pm

Okay I have the eGay short throw sold.
The 3rd brake light is sold.
The spindles are sold.
Rotors calipers and hubs are going for free unless anyone really needs them.
Steering rack, stock suspension, interior plastic in doo doo brown, back seats, cross member, trans mount, tie rods, is all still available. Door and mirrors still here.

Also, I have an SR transmission with no reverse I don't need. Haha

Take this crap off my hands so I have workspace again.

Thanks!!
Back to top Go down
Teo
Forum Frequenter
Forum Frequenter
Teo

PostSubject: Re: S13 Garbage sitting in my garage.   S13 Garbage sitting in my garage. Icon_minitimeMarch 7th 2011, 1:25 pm

slow n ugly wrote:
i broke a bolt in my spindle and dont want to risk drilling it out and damaging the threads, and if i do i wanna have a backup

Wait. I don't think the spindles are threaded anyplace. Aren't all the holes straight through for nut and bolt to fasten it? I'm pretty sure they aren't threaded. So you should be able to use a hammer and punch to get a broken one out. I think.
Back to top Go down
robinson.erik
Fucking Noob
Fucking Noob

PostSubject: Re: S13 Garbage sitting in my garage.   S13 Garbage sitting in my garage. Icon_minitimeMarch 7th 2011, 5:01 pm

yeah the spindles aren't threaded anywhere except to keep the hub on, i didn't get that post either...
Back to top Go down
drftx
Dancing with the stars
Dancing with the stars
drftx

Number of posts : 1013
Vehicle : 90 240sx

PostSubject: Re: S13 Garbage sitting in my garage.   S13 Garbage sitting in my garage. Icon_minitimeMarch 7th 2011, 7:25 pm

actually lemme holla at the steering rack and the rear calipers
Back to top Go down
http://www.wtfitzac.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: S13 Garbage sitting in my garage.   S13 Garbage sitting in my garage. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

S13 Garbage sitting in my garage.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next