Chicago Area 240sx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chicago Area 240sx

Since 2006.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Red Line Time Attack Autobahn Joliet

Go down 
+3
Nachtmensch
splitime
eye-5
7 posters
AuthorMessage
eye-5
Fucking Noob
Fucking Noob
eye-5

Number of posts : 97
Vehicle : S14 SR20DET

Red Line Time Attack Autobahn Joliet Empty
PostSubject: Red Line Time Attack Autobahn Joliet   Red Line Time Attack Autobahn Joliet Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2009, 1:43 am

Redline Time Attack, June 20th and 21rst. Autobahn Country Club in Joliet. Spectators are $20 but should be pretty cool. The actual competition is on Sunday the 21rst.

I am seriously thinking about competing. I have a bunch of experiance on the south course which is the track it is on. The car falls into the street class with some minor changes (have to put cat back in and run street tires)

Anyone willing to loan me their street tires for the event? I only have R Comps for road racing. It would have to be at least 245/17/40s, 255s perfered on 4 lug 17s. It would also need to be a competitve compound like RE01Rs, RE11s, Star Specs, Kuhmo XS or Azenis 615s.

If not I am going to purchase some Kumho XSs 255/40/17s.
Back to top Go down
splitime
Forum Frequenter
Forum Frequenter
splitime

Number of posts : 339
Vehicle : 93 miata-t

PostSubject: Re: Red Line Time Attack Autobahn Joliet   Red Line Time Attack Autobahn Joliet Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2009, 8:36 am

I considered running... but having to remount tires and weld a cat in... and pay for the event well.... it killed it for me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.daveott.com
eye-5
Fucking Noob
Fucking Noob
eye-5

PostSubject: Re: Red Line Time Attack Autobahn Joliet   Red Line Time Attack Autobahn Joliet Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2009, 11:23 am

I was going back and forth on this for price reasons as well. I came to the realization that if I just run Sunday the actual competition and don't go to Saturday's practice, it will only cost $225. I have a cat to put back in and the street tire purchase will be pretty pricey, that is why I am reaching out. If anyone can loan me their street tires for this event I can try to make the 240 community proud.
Back to top Go down
splitime
Forum Frequenter
Forum Frequenter
splitime

PostSubject: Re: Red Line Time Attack Autobahn Joliet   Red Line Time Attack Autobahn Joliet Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2009, 2:09 pm

What type of lap times are you turning on South course?
Back to top Go down
eye-5
Fucking Noob
Fucking Noob
eye-5

PostSubject: Re: Red Line Time Attack Autobahn Joliet   Red Line Time Attack Autobahn Joliet Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2009, 3:25 pm

In my RSX Type S I was at a 1:46. It had a LSD and about 200whp and I was on street tires. I don't have any times in the 240sx yet. The last timed lap I have was in 2006. I have done the North course much more recently and was down to 1:21 in the RSX.

I buckled down and bought the tires.
Back to top Go down
splitime
Forum Frequenter
Forum Frequenter
splitime

PostSubject: Re: Red Line Time Attack Autobahn Joliet   Red Line Time Attack Autobahn Joliet Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2009, 3:53 pm

Good tires are fun no question. I have had a ball on the NT01s I'm running now. South is all I've done this season so far also... which definitely made me think hard about the RRTA event.
Back to top Go down
eye-5
Fucking Noob
Fucking Noob
eye-5

PostSubject: Re: Red Line Time Attack Autobahn Joliet   Red Line Time Attack Autobahn Joliet Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2009, 5:30 pm

Were you at the Trackdaze event? If so I may have borrowed sand paper & brake cleaner from you to defoul my plugs.
Back to top Go down
splitime
Forum Frequenter
Forum Frequenter
splitime

PostSubject: Re: Red Line Time Attack Autobahn Joliet   Red Line Time Attack Autobahn Joliet Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2009, 6:42 pm

Ah that was you!!! I was the one who was chatting and suggested a plug check. Didn't borrow anything from me though. It was fouled plugs then from when it was running with the coupler off?

We both had our mechanical issues that day... I managed to finally crack my exhaust manifold, not a big deal though as I was finally going fast enough to run out of brakes (even with track pads Razz ). I should be back on the road any day though.
Back to top Go down
eye-5
Fucking Noob
Fucking Noob
eye-5

PostSubject: Re: Red Line Time Attack Autobahn Joliet   Red Line Time Attack Autobahn Joliet Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2009, 11:28 am

Yeah, I had a ton of problems that day. Fouled plugs was the problem when it was running rough, good call on that one. I also had my wheel studs strip on the passenger side front. Not the threads, I always use anti seize and am carefull, but the knurl stripped out. I lost a hubcentric ring and was running with out it. It probably put too much stress on the lugs with the r comps.

I fixed the problem with the intercooler pipe as well. It wasn't the stock pipe on there and did not have a flange on it for the clamp to clamp on to. When it got oily it just started poping off like mad.

I bought an adapter from TF that allowed me to run the stock pipe out of the turbo. With the T28 it doesn't line up to the intercooler piping with out it.
Back to top Go down
eye-5
Fucking Noob
Fucking Noob
eye-5

PostSubject: Re: Red Line Time Attack Autobahn Joliet   Red Line Time Attack Autobahn Joliet Icon_minitimeJune 15th 2009, 12:39 am

Picked up the new tires. Hells yeah! This was much needed. They feel great. No more vibrations over 50 mph.

I now have a tow hook affixed to the car. All that is left is to put that cat on and I'm in business for Sunday. So who is coming out to watch!
Back to top Go down
Nachtmensch
whatever
whatever
Nachtmensch

Number of posts : 11764
Vehicle : MRS, IS350

PostSubject: Re: Red Line Time Attack Autobahn Joliet   Red Line Time Attack Autobahn Joliet Icon_minitimeJune 15th 2009, 12:59 am

I will most likely spectate.
Back to top Go down
hs13kls
Post Enthusiast
Post Enthusiast
hs13kls

Number of posts : 1053
Vehicle : 1991 black coupe

PostSubject: Re: Red Line Time Attack Autobahn Joliet   Red Line Time Attack Autobahn Joliet Icon_minitimeJune 15th 2009, 10:02 am

Nachtmensch wrote:
I will most likely spectate.

i believe ill be there too
Back to top Go down
http://www.leagueltd.com
RAMM
Forum Frequenter
Forum Frequenter
RAMM

Number of posts : 334
Vehicle : 1995 240sx Se

PostSubject: Re: Red Line Time Attack Autobahn Joliet   Red Line Time Attack Autobahn Joliet Icon_minitimeJune 16th 2009, 12:19 pm

shit, i wanted to compete but i won't be ready in time. Im about a week too late.
Back to top Go down
eye-5
Fucking Noob
Fucking Noob
eye-5

PostSubject: Re: Red Line Time Attack Autobahn Joliet   Red Line Time Attack Autobahn Joliet Icon_minitimeJune 16th 2009, 10:02 pm

I am officially signed up!
Back to top Go down
his180sx
Post Enthusiast
Post Enthusiast

Number of posts : 1050

PostSubject: Re: Red Line Time Attack Autobahn Joliet   Red Line Time Attack Autobahn Joliet Icon_minitimeJune 18th 2009, 10:24 pm

Ill be there Sunday.
Back to top Go down
D*S Dstar
D*S Dstar

Number of posts : 11254
Vehicle : RED SHARK V1-5, MOBY DICK.

PostSubject: Re: Red Line Time Attack Autobahn Joliet   Red Line Time Attack Autobahn Joliet Icon_minitimeJune 18th 2009, 10:42 pm

Driving?

Ill probably go since Panama is like 15 minutes from there.
Back to top Go down
https://chicagoarea240sx.editboard.com
his180sx
Post Enthusiast
Post Enthusiast

Number of posts : 1050

PostSubject: Re: Red Line Time Attack Autobahn Joliet   Red Line Time Attack Autobahn Joliet Icon_minitimeJune 19th 2009, 12:56 am

Driving, lol. You know all I do is hard park.
Back to top Go down
D*S Dstar
D*S Dstar

Number of posts : 11254
Vehicle : RED SHARK V1-5, MOBY DICK.

PostSubject: Re: Red Line Time Attack Autobahn Joliet   Red Line Time Attack Autobahn Joliet Icon_minitimeJune 19th 2009, 1:46 am

word.
Ima watch with you then. HAHA.
Back to top Go down
https://chicagoarea240sx.editboard.com
eye-5
Fucking Noob
Fucking Noob
eye-5

PostSubject: Re: Red Line Time Attack Autobahn Joliet   Red Line Time Attack Autobahn Joliet Icon_minitimeJune 21st 2009, 11:30 pm

Fun day, I am wiped. The car held up all day. No podium for me bet I got a ton of seat time and am starting to get to know this car. I'll post up some pics when I find them. A ton of people were taking them. Touge Factory was there AKA Stance. Had a whole booth set up. At any rate it was a good time and I would recomend it to anyone with a couple of track days under their belt to go out and try it if they ever come back to IL.
Back to top Go down
splitime
Forum Frequenter
Forum Frequenter
splitime

PostSubject: Re: Red Line Time Attack Autobahn Joliet   Red Line Time Attack Autobahn Joliet Icon_minitimeJune 22nd 2009, 6:32 am

Any street rwd lap times? I'm curious how the field came out.
Back to top Go down
eye-5
Fucking Noob
Fucking Noob
eye-5

PostSubject: Re: Red Line Time Attack Autobahn Joliet   Red Line Time Attack Autobahn Joliet Icon_minitimeJune 22nd 2009, 8:18 pm

The way they post really sucks because they only list driver and not class. So unless I stood there and went through every driver to look up what class they were I didn't know.

They do grid you with your practice times. I was pretty pysched because I grid third for RWD street tire. They ended up catching me. I only know the first three times and mine.

1st Aaron Leichty 1:39.746 Injected Performance Honda S2000
2nd John Nguyen 1:42.103 Honda S2000
3rd Jeff Bender 1:43.048 TriState Racing Nissan 350 Z

I don't know where I fell but I ended up with a 1:45.2
Back to top Go down
splitime
Forum Frequenter
Forum Frequenter
splitime

PostSubject: Re: Red Line Time Attack Autobahn Joliet   Red Line Time Attack Autobahn Joliet Icon_minitimeJune 22nd 2009, 9:02 pm

I'm bummed... I could have very well had 1st place in the class.

Ah well.
Back to top Go down
eye-5
Fucking Noob
Fucking Noob
eye-5

PostSubject: Re: Red Line Time Attack Autobahn Joliet   Red Line Time Attack Autobahn Joliet Icon_minitimeJune 22nd 2009, 11:27 pm

I guess the miata being so light weight might not require as much tire but I think R comps would make a huge difference on the south course over street tires on my car.

Its one of those things you just have to do it. I debated doing this with only 1 session of road course experiance (without breaking) in the 240 before this event I didn't know the car very well. But getting out and doing it, I acutally got a decent amount of lap time and some open track you don't normally see at HPDEs. I feel more comfortable with the car and just need more seat time in this thing.
Back to top Go down
eye-5
Fucking Noob
Fucking Noob
eye-5

PostSubject: Re: Red Line Time Attack Autobahn Joliet   Red Line Time Attack Autobahn Joliet Icon_minitimeJune 22nd 2009, 11:37 pm

http://www.redlinetrackevents.com/RTAResults/RTA_Rd3_Street.pdf

Results. I landed 5th, Ryan Weddle the only 240 in the class. S-RWD
Back to top Go down
eye-5
Fucking Noob
Fucking Noob
eye-5

PostSubject: Re: Red Line Time Attack Autobahn Joliet   Red Line Time Attack Autobahn Joliet Icon_minitimeJune 23rd 2009, 12:42 pm

Pics a plenty can be found here. http://www.flickr.com/photos/w_nealis/sets/72157620242142681/

Here's one.
Red Line Time Attack Autobahn Joliet 3653350627_4bce66cf63
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Red Line Time Attack Autobahn Joliet   Red Line Time Attack Autobahn Joliet Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Red Line Time Attack Autobahn Joliet
Page 1 of 1