Chicago Area 240sx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chicago Area 240sx

Since 2006.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

180SX Kouki Side Skirt Install Question

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SilEddy
Light Duty Poster
Light Duty Poster
SilEddy

Number of posts : 134
Vehicle : 1992 Nissan 240SX SE

180SX Kouki Side Skirt Install Question Empty
PostSubject: 180SX Kouki Side Skirt Install Question   180SX Kouki Side Skirt Install Question Icon_minitimeMarch 15th 2009, 11:08 pm

I will be receiving my set of OEM 180SX Kouki Side skirts soon and had a quick question for anyone who may have installed them before. The tabs along the bottom of the skirts, I assume are there for mounting but how are they supposed to be installed? I guess the quick way would be self tapping screws. Anyone know if there is any hardware available for an actual factory install? Any information would be helpful, thanks.

Here are a couple pics for reference...

180SX Kouki Side Skirt Install Question Rtkm61
180SX Kouki Side Skirt Install Question 1538ltd
Back to top Go down
Dirty Dee
Post Whore
Post Whore
Dirty Dee

Number of posts : 3781
Vehicle : 2012 WRX

PostSubject: Re: 180SX Kouki Side Skirt Install Question   180SX Kouki Side Skirt Install Question Icon_minitimeMarch 15th 2009, 11:33 pm

Dont know about factory install

I used washers with self tapping screws. I also put down a strip of 3M two sided tape on the top section of the side skirts (its hard to miss, there is a small section where the tape fits perfectly)
Back to top Go down
JakeS14
Forum Frequenter
Forum Frequenter
JakeS14

Number of posts : 486
Vehicle : 97 240sx

PostSubject: Re: 180SX Kouki Side Skirt Install Question   180SX Kouki Side Skirt Install Question Icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2009, 12:03 am

Dirty Dee wrote:
Dont know about factory install

I used washers with self tapping screws. I also put down a strip of 3M two sided tape on the top section of the side skirts (its hard to miss, there is a small section where the tape fits perfectly)

Exactly what im doing with my oem s14 kouki sides. Using the two sided 3m tape on the top portion for support. Dont know if i drill holes myself, or have a body shop do it(a lot easier when its on a lift). The guy i talked to around my neighborhood would charge 50 bucks a side.

SilEddy- I would try going with a body shop, it might be too much a hassle to get up underneath ur car and line up the holes in the side skirts to where u are going to drill. I was thinking about making some sort of template but idk just a bitch using jacks imo
Back to top Go down
Dirty Dee
Post Whore
Post Whore
Dirty Dee

PostSubject: Re: 180SX Kouki Side Skirt Install Question   180SX Kouki Side Skirt Install Question Icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2009, 12:16 am

its not that hard

I did it by myself. Just jack up the side of the car so you can fit the drill motor underneath
Back to top Go down
JakeS14
Forum Frequenter
Forum Frequenter
JakeS14

PostSubject: Re: 180SX Kouki Side Skirt Install Question   180SX Kouki Side Skirt Install Question Icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2009, 12:22 am

^True dat

The main reason im taking mine to a shop is because i dont have time between now and the first meet. College Midterms are the problem bored Haha bullshit holdin me back, haven't even washed my damn car in all this nice weather .....
Back to top Go down
SilEddy
Light Duty Poster
Light Duty Poster
SilEddy

PostSubject: Re: 180SX Kouki Side Skirt Install Question   180SX Kouki Side Skirt Install Question Icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2009, 6:03 pm

Since I work @ a shop I can put it on a lift to do the install, I think I'll go with the 3m tape and self tap screw idea. we use 3m tape for out Honda Aero parts installations and self tapping screws just made sense. Thanks for the info. If anyone does know of a factory install procedure please let me know.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Newb friendly
Newb friendly
Jay

Number of posts : 1432
Vehicle : S13 Garage Slut & S14 Daily Whore

PostSubject: Re: 180SX Kouki Side Skirt Install Question   180SX Kouki Side Skirt Install Question Icon_minitimeMarch 18th 2009, 12:48 am

JakeS14 wrote:
The guy i talked to around my neighborhood would charge 50 bucks a side.

rofl rofl rofl

I'm in the wrong business.

I'll do it for $35 a side. rofl
Back to top Go down
JakeS14
Forum Frequenter
Forum Frequenter
JakeS14

PostSubject: Re: 180SX Kouki Side Skirt Install Question   180SX Kouki Side Skirt Install Question Icon_minitimeMarch 18th 2009, 11:56 am

Naw, i decided to do it myself yesterday. Turned out great
Back to top Go down
SilEddy
Light Duty Poster
Light Duty Poster
SilEddy

PostSubject: Re: 180SX Kouki Side Skirt Install Question   180SX Kouki Side Skirt Install Question Icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2009, 6:04 pm

OK, I opened the boxes and it seems like since they are brand new, they come with some clips and some tape already, at least the front fender pieces. didnt get to open the longer rocker panel piece before the painters took it but we'll see tomorrow when I get them back.
Back to top Go down
Dirty Dee
Post Whore
Post Whore
Dirty Dee

PostSubject: Re: 180SX Kouki Side Skirt Install Question   180SX Kouki Side Skirt Install Question Icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2009, 6:27 pm

the side skirts should come with some metal clip that attaches to the pinch weld. Helps keep the skirt snug against the body.
Back to top Go down
SilEddy
Light Duty Poster
Light Duty Poster
SilEddy

PostSubject: Re: 180SX Kouki Side Skirt Install Question   180SX Kouki Side Skirt Install Question Icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2009, 6:33 pm

Dirty Dee wrote:
the side skirts should come with some metal clip that attaches to the pinch weld. Helps keep the skirt snug against the body.

Sweet, thanks for the info. I'm gonna try to bribe one of my techs to install it for me since I'll be on the clock. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SilEddy
Light Duty Poster
Light Duty Poster
SilEddy

PostSubject: Re: 180SX Kouki Side Skirt Install Question   180SX Kouki Side Skirt Install Question Icon_minitimeMarch 25th 2009, 1:29 am

so, i got the sideskirts back painted all nice and see how its to be mounted. looks like good ol clips and grommets. but guess what? nissan doesnt have a listing for the grommets! Heh, so I called the nissan dealer that I bought it from and it took some time but they found the U.S. part # for the needed grommet. Here are some pics of the sides and the clips. When I get in the ordered grommets I'll post up the part # so if anyone ever does one they know what to ask for.

180SX Kouki Side Skirt Install Question 10ol2rl
180SX Kouki Side Skirt Install Question 3493r4i
180SX Kouki Side Skirt Install Question 90yic3

The Mystery Clip???
180SX Kouki Side Skirt Install Question 2emg6tw

I've seen this one before, hope it's in stock when I get the others
180SX Kouki Side Skirt Install Question 294kpir
Back to top Go down
SilEddy
Light Duty Poster
Light Duty Poster
SilEddy

PostSubject: Re: 180SX Kouki Side Skirt Install Question   180SX Kouki Side Skirt Install Question Icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2009, 11:32 pm

ok for the mystery clip the needed grommet is this one. part number is 76848-71S00. you'll need 18
180SX Kouki Side Skirt Install Question 2w724bq
180SX Kouki Side Skirt Install Question S2zl0j

for the smaller one, its common grommet also used on the outer b-pillar trim part number is 76848-35F00. you'll need 4
180SX Kouki Side Skirt Install Question 24zwtx5
180SX Kouki Side Skirt Install Question 2s626wh

hope this info helps anyone looking to install factory 180 kouki skirts.
Back to top Go down
Dirty Dee
Post Whore
Post Whore
Dirty Dee

PostSubject: Re: 180SX Kouki Side Skirt Install Question   180SX Kouki Side Skirt Install Question Icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2009, 12:08 am

I installed factory kouki skirts. Didnt need them. You know you are going to have to tap holes into the body in order to use all of those random clips right?
Back to top Go down
SilEddy
Light Duty Poster
Light Duty Poster
SilEddy

PostSubject: Re: 180SX Kouki Side Skirt Install Question   180SX Kouki Side Skirt Install Question Icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2009, 9:43 pm

Dirty Dee wrote:
I installed factory kouki skirts. Didnt need them. You know you are going to have to tap holes into the body in order to use all of those random clips right?

yes, but i want to get as close to oem as possible. and if some accident were to happen I'd like the clips to pop out of the grommet as they are supposed to instead of breaking in the body or doing damage to the body. also, no other hardware is provided and aside from just tape to prevent sag i'd like to do it right. thanks for the input though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 180SX Kouki Side Skirt Install Question   180SX Kouki Side Skirt Install Question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

180SX Kouki Side Skirt Install Question
Page 1 of 1