Chicago Area 240sx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chicago Area 240sx

Since 2006.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New guy from chicago

Go down 
+6
D*S Dstar
Jay
Scuba Steve
D*S Trucky
D*S Dave
Los Vlados Locos
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Los Vlados Locos
Captain Obvious
Captain Obvious

Number of posts : 2188

New guy from chicago Empty
PostSubject: New guy from chicago   New guy from chicago Icon_minitimeJune 4th 2008, 10:12 pm

Hi, I'm Vladimir, and i live in Jefferson Park.

I currently drive a 98 Civic EX (got it for free, its my first car... so my parents got it for me for free... i cant complain because only thing i pay is maintenance and gas on it)
I was looking into buying a zenki S14 for my first car and going from there, but was unable to find one and i was getting desperate for a car, and I'm 17.

Also, next summer, i am looking into finally buying that S14 that i wanted. If possible i would like one with a S14 black top already installed. There are a lot of nice s14's down in the Phoenix area, as i would like one that is rust free. I have a job, but its not all that great, so i would not like to spend over 8-9k on the car, i saw a few good cars with the black top around that much.

If you guys have any advice for a fellow s14 enthusiast and a soon to be buyer of one, go ahead and post. I would love to come out to some meets, maybe get a ride in a few to get the feel of it. I am looking forward to hopefully getting the car that i wanted since the beginning. Also, do you have any clue how much MPG i would be getting with a S14 black top with the T-25 turbo running around 10PSI, same with a T-28
Back to top Go down
D*S Dave
DS! DS! DS!
DS! DS! DS!
D*S Dave

Number of posts : 3128
Vehicle : Nostromo

PostSubject: Re: New guy from chicago   New guy from chicago Icon_minitimeJune 4th 2008, 11:57 pm

dude for 8-9k you can take home an rb'ed s14 hit up nicos classifieds. they got bad ass shit there. seen an s14 with an ok body, no rust, s15 seats, steering wheell, all kinds of expensive gauges, and a friggin RB25 go for like 7.5k!!!!!! i want a zenki too but im getting an s13 to start off. after that ill ket that damn zenki and make it look dope. good luck.
Back to top Go down
D*S Trucky
DS! DS! DS!
DS! DS! DS!
D*S Trucky

Number of posts : 5038
Vehicle : 91 s13 coupe

PostSubject: Re: New guy from chicago   New guy from chicago Icon_minitimeJune 5th 2008, 9:37 am

Its better to build ur own not buy a built one, either way welcome....
Back to top Go down
Scuba Steve
Established Member
Established Member
Scuba Steve

Number of posts : 551
Vehicle : '93 S13 with all the Fanboy features!

PostSubject: Re: New guy from chicago   New guy from chicago Icon_minitimeJune 5th 2008, 9:56 am

It is better to build your own but when you do that, you are the guy losin out your ass when/if you sell it. If you buy a built one, then you are the guy getting a great deal from the one losin out his ass.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Newb friendly
Newb friendly
Jay

Number of posts : 1432
Vehicle : S13 Garage Slut & S14 Daily Whore

PostSubject: Re: New guy from chicago   New guy from chicago Icon_minitimeJune 5th 2008, 1:10 pm

Scuba Steve wrote:
If you buy a built one, then you are the guy getting a great deal
or worst fucking nightmare ever as you don't know if the guy that did it is just a fucking wanker or actually knows how to do shit.

just because its got a nice list of parts means jack shit. for all you know it could be thrown together by some jackass that doesn't know which way his drainplug is pointing.

your money - use it wisely.

IMHO:
RB = overpriced and not enough stateside support.
if you really want a inline6 - 2JZ
Back to top Go down
Los Vlados Locos
Captain Obvious
Captain Obvious

PostSubject: Re: New guy from chicago   New guy from chicago Icon_minitimeJune 5th 2008, 3:02 pm

I want one thats already built because it will cost me less.. if i was to build one... only route i would want to go is 2JZ-GTE, because i LOVE supras....

And when i get one, I will be looking for the zenki with blacktop and receipts that the engine was installed by a pro, unless the person has people that i know that can vouch for them. Next year, when it comes to buy it, most likely summer, i will be finishing high school and going to college... and college cost a lot of money (might be going to northeastern because its cheap, around 6-10 per year i hear) so i wont have a lot of money. I am currently spending a lot of money into airsoft. I have like 1k in that, and have yet to play a second game lol... so when i start a hobby, i dont cheap out, unless i need the money for SERIOUS stuff... like college...

I would appreciate if some of you guys could help me with choosing one when the time comes?
Back to top Go down
D*S Dstar
D*S Dstar

Number of posts : 11254
Vehicle : RED SHARK V1-5, MOBY DICK.

PostSubject: Re: New guy from chicago   New guy from chicago Icon_minitimeJune 5th 2008, 4:10 pm

Do me a favor,
Shut the fuck up.
Your name sounds like your a Guido.
Are you a Guido?

RB's are fucking fanboy objects of desire.
Fuck an RB.

Go learn or something, we dont spoonfeed here.
Back to top Go down
https://chicagoarea240sx.editboard.com
D*S Dave
DS! DS! DS!
DS! DS! DS!
D*S Dave

Number of posts : 3128
Vehicle : Nostromo

PostSubject: Re: New guy from chicago   New guy from chicago Icon_minitimeJune 5th 2008, 4:36 pm

jesus i was only saying. i love both sr's and rb's. either way its someones choice. id rather go rb because they sound sexy ass hell. im not a fanboy either cause i love sr's. driven one and those bia's are crazy. ya dont need to bash on me. i figured id give the guy an idea. although im sorta of a noob, i rather build it on my own. i was into hondas before and ive built them na and nothing beats that satisfaction when that thing gets running. so shill. are you on steriods cause it sounds like your pissed at me for liking rb's. fucks sake in the end does it really matter who has which motor? we can all choose how we spend our own hard erned money.
Back to top Go down
Los Vlados Locos
Captain Obvious
Captain Obvious

PostSubject: Re: New guy from chicago   New guy from chicago Icon_minitimeJune 5th 2008, 4:45 pm

I dont know if that comment was toward me or someone else... but i am in no way a fan boy... and i didnt not ask for help in choosing a engine... i already know EXACTLY what i want... i would just need a very minimal amount of help from the forums... so i don get ripped of .....

if the name comment was to me... i have no clue what a Guido is... and i dont know if i am lol....
My name is vladimir, im serbian.... and vlado is what serbian people call me because that was my grandpa's name... so im sorry i guess...
Back to top Go down
D*S Dstar
D*S Dstar

Number of posts : 11254
Vehicle : RED SHARK V1-5, MOBY DICK.

PostSubject: Re: New guy from chicago   New guy from chicago Icon_minitimeJune 5th 2008, 6:04 pm

Ok your not a guido.
Guido is that guy at the bar with the firehair drinking Jagerbombs.

Anyway 8-9k will buy you a nice swapped s14.
With suspension and possibly aero even!
Whatever, prebuilt cars are gay.
Your just another kid buying into the craze the cheap and fast way.

Why arent you building one yourself again?
Back to top Go down
https://chicagoarea240sx.editboard.com
Dirty Dee
Post Whore
Post Whore
Dirty Dee

Number of posts : 3781
Vehicle : 2012 WRX

PostSubject: Re: New guy from chicago   New guy from chicago Icon_minitimeJune 5th 2008, 6:06 pm

Its better to build one yourself. You learn so much more about your car and you wouldnt look like a tool if the car breaks down and you dont know how to fix it
Back to top Go down
Los Vlados Locos
Captain Obvious
Captain Obvious

PostSubject: Re: New guy from chicago   New guy from chicago Icon_minitimeJune 5th 2008, 6:32 pm

I want a built one because at the time of the purchase i will just be starting college and you all know how that is.... Even if i get a swaped one, I want a stock s14 black top engine in it... and continue from there... i would have to help someone install the engine if i did it myself, because there is no way i can do it alone.... and that person would do majority of the work.. i would be helping/watching the person.....

Dont get me wrong, im all for knowing your car... but when you have expenses... its better to save a few thousand dollars and then learn...
Back to top Go down
Dirty Dee
Post Whore
Post Whore
Dirty Dee

Number of posts : 3781
Vehicle : 2012 WRX

PostSubject: Re: New guy from chicago   New guy from chicago Icon_minitimeJune 5th 2008, 9:33 pm

I am going through college myself and i started w/ a stock car. Take baby steps w/ the car. See how the car improves as you change things to it.

Also, a lot of people who bought a prebuilt car get too giddy w/ the power in the car and spin out/ crash/curb/ destroy the car from lack of experience
Back to top Go down
koukimonster
Forum Frequenter
Forum Frequenter
koukimonster

Number of posts : 281

PostSubject: Re: New guy from chicago   New guy from chicago Icon_minitimeJune 5th 2008, 11:52 pm

maybe if you're just startin college its not a good time for you to build a car.

on the other hand, i bought my car completely stock and automatic in my second semester of college. i also thought about buying a swapped car, but nothing beats the satisfaction of knowing YOU built the car from the ground up and worked your ass off for it. i know i did.

just have patience.

and KA's are pretty cool cause they don't need no 93 at the pump. Wink
Back to top Go down
Stab Master Sharson
Straight outta Locash
Straight outta Locash
Stab Master Sharson

Number of posts : 4346

PostSubject: Re: New guy from chicago   New guy from chicago Icon_minitimeJune 8th 2008, 7:48 am

yea but ur gonna end up regreting saving a few thousand when ur swapped/beat on engine blows. it might end up costing more than the few thousand u saved.... unless u sell the car....... in which case ur still gonna lose money.
Back to top Go down
Fairladysx_s13
Light Duty Poster
Light Duty Poster
Fairladysx_s13

Number of posts : 147
Vehicle : 89 Hatch Sr

PostSubject: Re: New guy from chicago   New guy from chicago Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2008, 4:46 pm

yea... its all about the build. I swear the first day i drove my car. i was shaking and shit. best feeling in the world. when u buy one u dont appreciate it so much. i mean it could still be a sick car but its not really urs. U could do a lot with 8 grand so money isnt such an issue now is it? just do some research around here, ull find a lot of helpful tips. Anyway, welcome aboard
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/afskatepunk15
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New guy from chicago   New guy from chicago Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New guy from chicago
Page 1 of 1